Ideal outfit

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.
skirted

Re: Ideal outfit

Post by skirted »

[quote=Ralph post_id=242697 time=1670604720 user_id=29248]
Didn't even have to pause to think about that.

[img]https://www.tagareen.co.uk/images/lindy ... _image.jpg[/img]

A bit of background: I loved the retro-pioneer/victorian styles of the 70's but I had not yet come to terms with my desire to wear dresses instead of trousers and I was uncomfortable buying "girl" things in stores where you talk to clerks face-to-face. So I let the whole Laura Ashley, Gunne Sax et al era pass me by.

By the time I was comfortable in my own skin and ready to buy those styles I liked so much, they were no longer made new - and I was seven stone heavier, never again to fit into those dresses.

Only recently did I discover Lindy Bop, who not only makes dresses in the retro style I like so much but even in my size. I could wear this forever but it tends to get rather stinky after a few months. (only joking! Maybe...)
[/quote]
love the dress. :D
ScotL
Chatbot

Post by ScotL »

KenCT wrote: Thu Dec 29, 2022 4:09 am
Ralph wrote:
...labels such as "non-binary" and "genderfluid" ... "gender nonconforming"
I don't remember who used the phrase "gender-stereotype nonconforming", but that's the one I like. Or maybe "gender-conventions nonconforming". The 'gendering' of garments is after all culturally determined.
As to the ideal outfit, I would quite like a skirt suit in a classic wool-blend, perhaps a pinstripe, jacket a little shorter than the typical male cut. Pretty conservative, I guess.
“Gender-stereotype nonconformist” is a wonderful sentiment. Mixes the “stereotype” word in there that usually has a negative connotation but finishes with the maverick “nonconformist” to give edge.

It’s just too long and doesn’t fall off the tongue easily
jcny

Post by jcny »

Freedomforall wrote:
> If you could wear anything without fear, what would it be? Is there a
> dress or skirt that your mind entertains?
>
> I will go first. I would love to go on a Caribbean vacation and take
> nothing but dresses and a few skirts. There isn't a particular dress in
> mind.

I'd be in Hawaii, western Maui most likely, and I'd be wearing light, flowy skirt reaching almost to my knees - and that's all.
But for daily wear here in the continental US, I most like a slightly stretchy denim mini with loose poly short-sleeve shirt and sandals.
No fear: does no good.
AntoineParis

Post by AntoineParis »

In summer i would probably stay naked all the time :) ^^
Jim
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Jim »

AntoineParis wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 10:16 am In summer i would probably stay naked all the time :) ^^
Wouldn't that be nice!
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

Naked in summer all the time, no thanks! Having had skin cancers cut out and frozen off, I would not like that treatment to more sensitive parts. Ouch!
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

I'd approve of the ideal location...the Caribbean, where temps are in the high 20s/low 30 all year round. This means shorts & tees as daily wear, but for me minis or skorts with pockets where they should be would be ideal, worn with a tee or nothing up top. I'd go in for bright colours, too, maybe even floral.

Broad hat essential and footwear that is comfortable rather than stylish. No heels, of course.

Tom
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
Modoc
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Modoc »

AntoineParis wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 10:16 am In summer, i would probably stay naked all the time :) ^^
This would be my first choice when it's warm, for sure. The second would be a sleeveless knee-length dress, actually one that is loose-fitting with no binding around the waist. It is the closest feeling to being naked without fear of getting arrested.
“And the time came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.”
― Anaïs Nin