Make up for men

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Make up for men

Post by STEVIE »

Sinned wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 1:04 am I suppose that I have to admit to using a moisturiser on my face at times to combat some dryness but I don't consider it to be a cosmetic.
I have just re-read this Dennis, what would your Dad have thought about it?
Mine would have called a guy using moisturiser a "B****y Jessie", he'd likely have thrashed me.
My skirts have likely got him spinning in his grave with apoplexy.
rivegauche wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 7:24 pm People who wear make-up can have all sorts of fun with it - just like you can with a skirt or dress-based outfit.
That's it have fun, please yourself. It isn't so likely that anyone will do it for you.
Steve.
skirted84
Distinguished Member

Re: Make up for men

Post by skirted84 »

Men on TV have always worn makeup and afaik use the same products as female counterparts, or rather the makeup artists will though they may have different approaches to mens. Specific "mens" makeup would become a reverse pink-tax like the razors that savvy women avoid as the mens are both cheaper and better.

I used to wear makeup more than occasionally when I tried the "passing" route, the only male specific item I used was initial moisturiser (Clarins). Foundation etc. was either drugstore or less expensive brands like MAC mainly aimed at women and had no ill effects on skin. Less now and only to cover scars etc. but not long before thats counterproductive for me.