Nail colour

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.
rivegauche
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Nail colour

Post by rivegauche »

Good for the wee boy. At that age peer pressure can be intense. I occasionally wear polish on my hands, usually when presenting in public as a woman. These days I do it myself but I have had it done professionally. Though I like the concept of these talons like NZF I think they would very quickly become very tedious indeed as I spend a lot of time typing on a computer. I keep my nails long and I cut them when the length becomes a problem - and they are even then much shorter than these talons. I find the brand of nail polish makes a significant difference to the quality of the appearance. For around four years I had gel polish on my toes and that stopped when the salon closed. Because it has to be removed professionally I only saw my toenails during pedicures. Wearing clothes can fail to register after a few minutes but you never forget you are wearing nail colour. It is always THERE!
JohnH
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JohnH »

I used to wear nail varnish (polish) but it was too much trouble.for me to keep them touched up. I'm too cheap to go to a nail salon and I can't stand chipped nail varnish.
Myopic Bookworm
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Myopic Bookworm »

One advantage of being (and presenting as) a man is that the people who are not surprised that you are wearing nail varnish are also not surprised that it is usually chipped!
nzfreestyler
Member Extraordinaire

Post by nzfreestyler »

Kirbstone wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 10:05 am Hi NZF, Those nails are indeed truly stunning and I assume that you wore a little cocktail dress in the salon while having them done.

To my mind the only thing one could actually do with such nails would be to perch high up on a cocktail bar stool showing lots of leg and fondling a stiff gin-on-the-rocks or similar.

Tom
ha ha Tom

I don't need salon nails to wear a short dress and show some leg.... but good call... cheeky but a fair call.... ha ha. Mind you salon nails are just better - rather like waxed legs are better etc.... just a different standard.

cheers
NZF
JohnH
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JohnH »

Well,.I broke.down and put on deep red nail polish on my finger nails to match my.long sleeve maxi dress I wore.to the.Christmas Eve church service. Everybody is used to seeing me in a dress. I alternate between wearing a man's coat and tie outfit, and a dress and heels.

John