Convenience of a skirt at the beach

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.
Brad
Member Extraordinaire

Convenience of a skirt at the beach

Post by Brad »

While at the beach, I saw a woman arrive wearing a knee length skirt. She proceeded to remove her panties and put on her swimsuit bottom, all with the skirt in place and without exposing anything indecently. She did it so effortlessly that she has probably done this before. I, however, was wearing shorts and had to use the changing room. Well come to think of it, even if I was skirted I probably couldn't have done this properly. Maybe it requires practice at home....

It makes me think of an old Mr. Bean sketch, expertly done by Rowan Atkinson. I won't spoil it for anyone. It can be seen here --> https://youtu.be/ZWCSQm86UB4
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Convenience of a skirt at the beach

Post by STEVIE »

Practice absolutely but why not wear the swimsuit element to get there and revert to normal underwear for the return journey?
The style of skirt will help too, fuller and longer over a short bodicon creation.
As for your lady having done it before, probably since she was a kid. Boys just don't get this sort of practice but I can recall doing similar with a towel round my waist.
Steve.
Chirp
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Chirp »

I have long skirt that i can take underwear off and on with no probs,
No one mess's with a big guy in kilt
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

When I went swimming at the beach, early in my skirt wearing experience, I just went into the surf in my mini skirt and under wear. The skirt floated around in the water but hung down obediently when I walked out. I think that budgie smugglers don't offer much modesty and any board shorts will flap around the legs.
Some ladies swimwear are bikini bottoms with a ruffled overlay that looks like a micro mini, which I think would work well for males.
I suppose if one wanted to change into dry clothes the one could put a skirt on and remove the wet gear, something one can not do with shorts without a lot of pain and suffering, as with the Mr. Bean skit.
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
FLbreezy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by FLbreezy »

denimini wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 10:33 am I think that budgie smugglers don't offer much modesty and any board shorts will flap around the legs.
Oh gosh, you've reminded me of a lesson it took me some time to learn as a teen but has since served me well when it comes to wearing kilts and skirts. Coming out of the surf with a wet suit used to be mortifying, everything clings and it's futile to tug the fabric away until it's dry, it just clings more. One day I realized that (1) by fussing over it I was probably drawing more attention and (2) just stride forward confidently without showing embarrassment and go on about your day.
Brad
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Brad »

I had to google budgie smuggler. As for the micro mini swimsuit look, I suspect some women feel it is a way to hide a large butt or thick thighs.
rode_kater
Member Extraordinaire

Post by rode_kater »

Whenever I go swimming at the local lake lake I put on my one-piece and a skirt at home and cycle there. There are no changing rooms. The main reason is that pulling down the skirt is super-easy and when getting dressed afterwards the skirt is easily put on, compared to pants/shorts which stick to damp legs. When at home I simply hang the skirt out to dry. I found a simple skirt at the second hand store made out of scuba material so it dries very quickly.
mishawakaskirt
Member Extraordinaire

Post by mishawakaskirt »

Wearing a skirt to the beach just makes sense really For anyone Male or female. No need for a changing area as long as it's been rehearsed so you don't expose yourself or make yourself look clumsy.

I have thought about using a skirt or wearing a skirt from a bath house at camp grounds but have never done it.
Camp shower stalls are the worst for getting your clean dry clothes wet or dirty.

On my recent camping trip while visiting with friends I heard one of the ladies complain about this very thing.
I so wanted to say just change into a skirt for the trip back from the showers.

I once (a year or two ago) walked back from the shower house in just my underwear and a beach towel late at night when the showers are not busy.
My wife took issue with that.
One I know how to tie a towel and two that's why I had underwear on.

Rather than causing problems. I just be a good worker bee I just change into all of my clothes.

I have found that a oversized pair of outer shorts works well.
Easy to step through the leg openings with wet feet.
Chinch the belt and go. Baggy enough to encourage addition drying while walking back to your campsite.

On my unofficial bucket list: I would like to wear skirts for an entire weekend of camping. Unless I go on this trip alone this will most likely never happen. Which drastically reduces the enjoyment and fun of camping. (Actually I don't think I have ever gone camping solo.) Sounds boring,and Seems potentially dangerous too.
I'm a very social person and always go camping with my wife or friends. To go Solo or to surprise my wife or a friend with "oh by the way I'm going to be wearing a skirt all weekend" doesn't seem like a good way to go.

I don't want to press anyone into my wearing of skirts.
I wouldn't be a very good husband or friend if I did.
Mishawakaskirt @2wayskirt on Twitter

Avoid the middle man, wear a kilt or skirt.