Time for a rant - padded backsides!

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.
howardfh
Member Extraordinaire

Time for a rant - padded backsides!

Post by howardfh »

Met a tranny the other day and we had "a cuddle". She, however, had padded knickers which made ther bum bigger. FFS why?? I note places like instagram is full of pics of women who have arses bigger than Kent. To me, added with long false eyelashes (don't get me started on lips) makes them look darned ridiculous.

Is it just me?? After all, how do they look when the packaging is all removed??
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Time for a rant - padded backsides!

Post by denimini »

I suppose if a person is trying to portray themself as a curvaceous female and has a figure like a fence post, they would consider all options. I have sat for long durations in some chairs that such an "enhancement" would have been welcome.
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
Coder
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Coder »

Some woman on Instagram was showing off historical outfits and she added pads to increase hip size - turns out it's historical:

http://www.victoriana.com/Victorian-Fas ... stles.html

Her pads went all around to give fullness to hips/butt area - but you get the idea.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Hilariously, some of my very heavy Victorian-period walking skirts give me some grief as I don't have the tush to hold the back up properly -- and this problem got worse in the years after 2015 when I dropped a good 30 pounds from stress, anxiety, PTSD, and a ratty diet. But, no, I'm not about to go out and buy an artificial arse.

However, the style looks absolutely grand with some of the petticoats I have.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

Adhering to the subject, but a totally different slant...

In 1964 at Henley Royal Regatta we were coached by an invited gentleman who then was all of 76 years old and thin as a rail. One evening I helped lift his single sculling boat out of the boat tents and place it on the water. For the first time ever I noticed that he had a soft foam cushion on the sliding seat of the boat and I remarked on it. You can imagine his plum-in-the-mouth Oxford drawl as he replied:

'With a decreasing quantity of flesh on my buttocks, I have found it necessary to add a little padding to the seat of my scull'

Tom
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

howardfh wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 11:44 amFFS why??
Well, FFS why not?
Whatever floats one's boat to keep the watery analogy going.
Voyage of discovery to discover what lies under any outer layers I guess .
Steve.
Bodycon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Bodycon »

crfriend wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 1:39 pm Hilariously, some of my very heavy Victorian-period walking skirts give me some grief as I don't have the tush to hold the back up properly -- and this problem got worse in the years after 2015 when I dropped a good 30 pounds from stress, anxiety, PTSD, and a ratty diet. But, no, I'm not about to go out and buy an artificial arse.
Would they not have been designed to be worn with a bustle or crinolette to hold the back up?
rivegauche
Member Extraordinaire

Post by rivegauche »

I frequently present as a woman, usually in a dress. It has never crossed my mind to accentuate my bahookie by adding padding. The whole point of wearing a dress or skirt is the additional freedom and comfort - and padding would be the antithesis of this.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Bodycon wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 6:12 pmWould they not have been designed to be worn with a bustle or crinolette to hold the back up?
Well, the healthy female of the species has a bit more on her backside than a scrawny member of the male population, so I rather suspect it's down to that.

I'm not put out by that, but I'm still not going to go out to find an artificial arse. Braces, likely at some point.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Faldaguy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Faldaguy »

Unread post by howardfh » Sat Aug 20, 2022 5:44 am

Met a tranny the other day and we had "a cuddle". She, however, had padded knickers which made ther bum bigger. FFS why?? I note places like instagram is full of pics of women who have arses bigger than Kent. To me, added with long false eyelashes (don't get me started on lips) makes them look darned ridiculous.

Is it just me?? After all, how do they look when the packaging is all removed??
I suspect you may be using FFS in the more vulgar vernacular rather than the Trans world where FFS is Facial Feminization Surgery. I don't think the feelings differ a great deal in any of the population about feeling pressure to "look like we are supposed too"; or like the projected images of 'beauty' as portrayed in cinema and the Vogues of the world --- BUT, for many in the Trans world, merely trying to "pass" is a major objective. I can empathize with that as people in the trans world may genuinely feel and strive to behave in conformity with their innate gender ID -- they often do not have the conventional body form to allow their physical presentation to 'pass'. They have a hugely rough road in the public's perception and a little boost from surgery seems a practical approach in this all-so-judgmental world.

I have mentioned that I have had two, month long, periods of living among a group of transwomen in various stages of their transition. Even though I try to be open, accepting and tolerant as a human being can in accepting others as they are, as a very heterosexual male, I can readily acknowledge that appearance and perceptions make a difference. Some transwomen (check out the trans Ms. Universe pageants) can set a guy's hormones raging, while others will clearly require your utmost cerebral intervention to not be inclined to use FFS in the wrong way.

Though a padded ass or puckered lips may not be for you, I hope we can be as forgiving of other's "fashion" and body flaws as we expect of our own peculiar style!
nzfreestyler
Member Extraordinaire

Post by nzfreestyler »

Faldaguy wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 1:54 am Though a padded ass or puckered lips may not be for you, I hope we can be as forgiving of other's "fashion" and body flaws as we expect of our own peculiar style!
Nicely said,

I am on my feminisation journey - and personally my rear is a very important part of my physical image - sounds vain/simplistic to say it like that but my figure is extremely important to me.

There are paddings out there that some choose to wear for various reasons - there are push up briefs- like a push up bra essentially but for our cheeks! A lot of pantyhose has 2 holes for our cheeks now - and I'm not sure if that is similar for lift - or if it is just for aesthetics. And then there is the spanks brand of control briefs/shapers that most women - if not all know of the brand - and many wear them to define their figure.

I've been on hrt since 19 so I have good hips but I had a flatter bottom and I chose to get my brazilian butt lift as they call it - which shows just how far my vanity and self image will take me - but it was worth it and my confidence is/remains much higher as a result of my improved rear. That said I must say in my defence that I am not into the massive rear end look! I think that is not good - in fact it looks ugly and out of balance. You need enough to be rounded - but no more. It wasn't a terrible procedure - pretty simple really.

Ultimately each to their own - sometimes we might need some moderation though.
'if a little is good, then a lot MUST be better' seems to be a common misconception in this era.

cheers
NZF
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

nzfreestyler wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 3:02 am Nicely said,
I am on my feminisation journey - and personally my rear is a very important part of my physical image - sounds vain/simplistic to say it like that but my figure is extremely important to me.
NZF
And even more nicely said, everyone one of us is on a journey, and a rather unique one at that.
Faldaguy wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 1:54 am Though a padded ass or puckered lips may not be for you, I hope we can be as forgiving of other's "fashion" and body flaws as we expect of our own peculiar style!
Faldaguy,
"Do unto others", does suggest itself, does it not?
howardfh wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 11:44 am Is it just me??
Howardfh,
No, but I am always amazed at just how judgemental and critical some of the posts in the cafe can be.
Steve.
Bodycon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Bodycon »

This thread goes to show that some members haven't got a clue what is going on in the great wide world, myself included. A diverse bunch and every day is a learning day.

I would have thought though, that if you were going to "cuddle" someone, you would have some empathy for them. What anyone looks like in the cold light of day (or the morning after) can be surprising; just ask Ray Davies :oops:

Bums have always been sources of attraction for both men and women, it's just that (mainly) women have chosen to enhance (Crinolette, Bustle, padding roll), going back many hundreds of years, while men for a time wore Codpieces and of course musicians have stuffed socks down their stage pants. Imagine a groupies surprise when the Bratwurst turned out to be a Chipolata :roll:

Nothing new under the sun.
Big and Bashful
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Big and Bashful »

Bodycon wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 7:25 am This thread goes to show that some members haven't got a clue what is going on in the great wide world, myself included. A diverse bunch and every day is a learning day.

I would have thought though, that if you were going to "cuddle" someone, you would have some empathy for them. What anyone looks like in the cold light of day (or the morning after) can be surprising; just ask Ray Davies :oops:

Bums have always been sources of attraction for both men and women, it's just that (mainly) women have chosen to enhance (Crinolette, Bustle, padding roll), going back many hundreds of years, while men for a time wore Codpieces and of course musicians have stuffed socks down their stage pants. Imagine a groupies surprise when the Bratwurst turned out to be a Chipolata :roll:
Or a Cumberland sausage? 3 foot long and coiled? Too far? I'll get me coat!
I am the God of Hellfire! and I bring you truffles!
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

Big and Bashful wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 8:57 am Or a Cumberland sausage? 3 foot long and coiled? Too far? I'll get me coat!
I like to coat them in mustard.
Steve.