Wolford Tights - Men’s Guidance

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.
jamodu
Member Extraordinaire

Wolford Tights - Men’s Guidance

Post by jamodu »

Wolford is one of the expensive Women’s Tights and Leggings brands in the UK.

They provide guidance for Men on choosing a selection of their product line that are more suited for Men.

https://www.wolfordshop.co.uk/men_hosiery.html

I’ve long wanted to try Wolford, but cannot bring myself to spend £40+ on Tights that I might wreck on first wearing.
rivegauche
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Wolford Tights - Men’s Guidance

Post by rivegauche »

I have a few pairs of Wolford tights and the quality is in a league of its own. Only Falke comes close. The price is too high, but I picked mine up in bargain bins in independent boutiques and department stores. Remember department stores? In the UK you have to be in a major city to have even one of these let alone a selection.
Ray
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Ray »

Wolford are my go-to tights. I have 30• pairs, almost all sheer. You can get the 3 for 2 packs that bring the cost down. I typically pay c.£15 for one pair.

The Neon 40 tights are amazing in feel and shine. The Satin Touch 20 are also terrific while the Magic Touch 12 are the best microfibres tights I have worn.

Mind you, it’s so warm that I haven’t worn tights in about 3 weeks…
nzfreestyler
Member Extraordinaire

Post by nzfreestyler »

from my experience Wolford brand is a high quality brand. Worth the price. Beautifully made and durable.

I have worn a lot of wolford hosiery/ bodysuits and they are superb.

NZF
Ralph
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Ralph »

Alas! Even if I could justify the cost, even their "extra-large" wouldn't fit unless I lose some three and a half stone. Better get back on that treadmill...
Ralph!
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Post by r.m.anderson »

In comparison you could consider leggings - not the cheap cotton baggy type but those with lycra and a semi-compression fit.
Inseam length is - ankle - 7/8th (just a bit of skin exposed) - and capri 3/4
The waist can be low to belly button high (best for the large waist type)
Seamless sides and crotch to smooth out the appearance
And more colors than the Wolford line - even some prints and color blocks
Legging manufactures are wising up and making larger sizes XL XXL 2XL 3XL

So going up a few microns of fabric thickness from Wolford to leggings is
something to consider especially if the price is right
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !
Shick

Post by Shick »

Wolford tights are expensive, but they are worth it. Besides the feel, they dont 'sag' after 2-3 wears, and are extremely durable - Ive got a pair that are still going after 2 years. You get what you pay for.
jamodu
Member Extraordinaire

Post by jamodu »

When I visited the Wolford site a pop-up appeared that offered 15% discount on orders. Better still, there’s an outlet section offering further discounts.

The further surprise was that such Tights and Leggings are returnable if they don’t fit or you don’t like your order for any reason.

I’ve never heard of being about to return Tights before (!).
jamodu
Member Extraordinaire

Post by jamodu »

I ordered 2 pairs of Large sized Wolford 80 Leggings (footless Tights) from their outlet store.

For context, I’m 5’ 10”, 68kgs/150lbs, with 32” inside leg, and 33” waist.

They fit perfectly. I have no doubt they would equally fit someone who is taller than me.

Even though they have minimum Lycra content they fit as if they had more Lycra.

In this increasingly colder weather they are much better to wear than Men’s Long Johns.

I will definitely be buying more.
ScotL
Chatbot

Post by ScotL »

jamodu wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 3:14 pm I ordered 2 pairs of Large sized Wolford 80 Leggings (footless Tights) from their outlet store.

For context, I’m 5’ 10”, 68kgs/150lbs, with 32” inside leg, and 33” waist.

They fit perfectly. I have no doubt they would equally fit someone who is taller than me.

Even though they have minimum Lycra content they fit as if they had more Lycra.

In this increasingly colder weather they are much better to wear than Men’s Long Johns.

I will definitely be buying more.
I find it BSC that anyone wears old time long John’s anymore. There are such better garments that are warmer and way more comfortable.
jamodu
Member Extraordinaire

Post by jamodu »

Wolford now have a Men’s section on their website - https://www.wolfordshop.co.uk/highlights/men

Not in this section, but concealed deeper in their site are these Men’s Leggings that I have not previously seen - https://www.wolfordshop.co.uk/outlet/ca ... .9813.html

I think they look vile in Green/Black (but not as bad in the alternative Cocoa/Black). The original price is horrific for what they are. At two-thirds off, though, not so bad. As a registered customer this price reduces by a further 50%.

They suggest pairing these Leggings with these Shorts - https://www.wolfordshop.co.uk/outlet/ca ... .7005.html

The Women’s ‘equivalent’ Leggings in their outlet section are worth looking at, too.

Even so, Wolford’s advice on which of their Women’s hosiery is suitable for Men is very useful - https://www.wolfordshop.co.uk/what-are- ... s-for.html
jamie001
Member Extraordinaire

Post by jamie001 »

jamodu wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 7:11 am Wolford is one of the expensive Women’s Tights and Leggings brands in the UK.

They provide guidance for Men on choosing a selection of their product line that are more suited for Men.

https://www.wolfordshop.co.uk/men_hosiery.html

I’ve long wanted to try Wolford, but cannot bring myself to spend £40+ on Tights that I might wreck on first wearing.
This is great! They are women's pantyhose and are being modeled by women. It's good that they see that they acknowledge that men are into pantyhose and are also customers.
jamodu
Member Extraordinaire

Post by jamodu »

A few days ago I visited the Wolford Outlet Store at Bicester Village Retail Outlet in Oxfordshire.

As soon as I entered their store I asked the (female) sales assistant what Support Tights did they have in stock. After confirming that I wanted leg support rather than shaping Tights, she showed me the 3 variants they had and then asked what size I wanted.

The whole experience was a non-event.it was as it should have been for any other customer. No surprise or curiosity by her was evident, verbally or non-verbally. She asked if I was already on their system, and then asked for my email address.

The Tights I purchased were significantly cheaper compared to buying online - plus I didn’t have to pay for shipping.