Dressing for Hot Weather

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.
ScotL
Chatbot

Re: Dressing for Hot Weather

Post by ScotL »

jamodu wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 5:57 pm During this past week, actor Brad Pitt was seen wearing a Linen Skirt to a movie premier. Asked why he was wearing a Skirt, his response was that ‘it’s all about the breeze’.

It made the lunchtime news on BBC Radio 4 on Thursday. There was a serious open minded 10 minute discussion on why Men should be allowed to wear Skirts during such hot weather, like Brad Pitt. The female presenter proffered that it would be perfectly reasonable for men to wear Women’s Skirts in the absence of Skirts specifically designed for Men.

Why is takes a famous personality wearing a Skirt to provoke favourable discussion on the wearing of Skirts by Men is beyond me.

https://www.elle.com/uk/life-and-cultur ... reactions/

https://www.newstalk.com/news/brad-pitt ... ty-1366314
Anything that starts the conversation is good, no? Sadly, and I can only speak for myself, but I would never wear a skirt on the set of a movie premier. Not because I wouldn’t wear a skirt but because my no name self would never be I voted to a movie premier.

I couldn’t be happier that The Brad Pitt wore one. No, we shouldn’t blindly follow what celebrities do. No, celebrity endorsement shouldn’t be necessary. No, celebrities are just people and shouldn’t have special status.

But they do. And the masses blindly follow them. So I for one hope he has an effect of getting more men to try. About time a celebrity did something useful. And in the end, would any of us care if skirts for men became more accepted because of Mr Pitt? It wouldn’t prevent me from wearing one in the future. Would likely make it easier.
Knickson

Post by Knickson »

ScotL wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 12:01 pm
jamodu wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 5:57 pm During this past week, actor Brad Pitt was seen wearing a Linen Skirt to a movie premier. Asked why he was wearing a Skirt, his response was that ‘it’s all about the breeze’.

It made the lunchtime news on BBC Radio 4 on Thursday. There was a serious open minded 10 minute discussion on why Men should be allowed to wear Skirts during such hot weather, like Brad Pitt. The female presenter proffered that it would be perfectly reasonable for men to wear Women’s Skirts in the absence of Skirts specifically designed for Men.

Why is takes a famous personality wearing a Skirt to provoke favourable discussion on the wearing of Skirts by Men is beyond me.

Anything that starts the conversation is good, no? Sadly, and I can only speak for myself, but I would never wear a skirt on the set of a movie premier. Not because I wouldn’t wear a skirt but because my no name self would never be I voted to a movie premier.

I couldn’t be happier that The Brad Pitt wore one. No, we shouldn’t blindly follow what celebrities do. No, celebrity endorsement shouldn’t be necessary. No, celebrities are just people and shouldn’t have spe

But they do. And the masses blindly follow them. So I for one hope he has an effect of getting more men to try. About time a celebrity did something useful. And in the end, would any of us care if skirts for men became more accepted because of Mr Pitt? It wouldn’t prevent me from wearing one in the future. Would likely make it easier.
Around 20 years ago Jonathan Ross bought a `mens` skirt and put it on for a Saturday night out , his wife told him that as his legs were unshaven that he should wear her tights under it . He did and got drunk ,fell over and the papers got a pic of him showing his undies . sadly this did not lead to a rush of men to copy him .
ScotL
Chatbot

Post by ScotL »

Knickson wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 9:14 pm

I couldn’t be happier that The Brad Pitt wore one. No, we shouldn’t blindly follow what celebrities do. No, celebrity endorsement shouldn’t be necessary. No, celebrities are just people and shouldn’t have spe

Around 20 years ago Jonathan Ross bought a `mens` skirt and put it on for a Saturday night out , his wife told him that as his legs were unshaven that he should wear her tights under it . He did and got drunk ,fell over and the papers got a pic of him showing his undies . sadly this did not lead to a rush of men to copy him .
Are you surprised? I don’t know who Jonathan Ross is but a picture of a drunk guy passed out and showing his underwear doesn’t paint a picture that makes me want to copy him either. And I like skirts and tights already. That image makes whatever he could be wearing not a highlight
Knickson

Post by Knickson »

ScotL wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 9:43 pm

Are you surprised? I don’t know who Jonathan Ross is but a picture of a drunk guy passed out and showing his underwear doesn’t paint a picture that makes me want to copy him either. And I like skirts and tights already. That image makes whatever he could be wearing not a highlight
He did not `pass out ` so calm down dear ,he was smiling ,drunk and happy in a skirt , In England being a drunkard gives certain free rights .
ScotL
Chatbot

Post by ScotL »

Knickson wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 10:40 pm
ScotL wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 9:43 pm
He did not `pass out ` so calm down dear ,he was smiling ,drunk and happy in a skirt , In England being a drunkard gives certain free rights .
Odd response, didn’t know I needed calming down. But regardless, whether he passed out or was so drunk he fell over, neither paint a flattering picture. Or am I interpreting whatever happened in the wrong light? Was his drunkard, smiling, happy adventure thought to be endearing? To me, this painted the picture of an obnoxious drunk who thinks he’s the life of the party but is actually just annoying. The point I’m trying to make is I can’t see how “being a drunkard” would do much positive for anything except sell hangover medicines. Brad Pitt, female heartthrob, actor of manly men roles like fight club, wearing a skirt seems like the antithesis to this Jonathan Ross character.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

But then Jonathan Woss [0] always was a bit of a pratt. He's a bit of a film critic, presenter and writer, thinks he's a comedian but isn't funny.

[0] He can't pronounce his R's.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
Knickson

Post by Knickson »

Sinned wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 9:40 pm But then Jonathan Woss [0] always was a bit of a pratt. He's a bit of a film critic, presenter and writer, thinks he's a comedian but isn't funny.

Yes ,Woss is a childish pratt , I cannot watch him but he did go out in a skirt and tights so can`t be all that boring I suppose , sad days when the BBC throw money at people like him that cannot even speak the Queens English correctly , like the Welshman Huw Edwards when he reads the weather report and says it will be COWDY meaning cloudy ! ect.
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

Sinned wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 9:40 pm But then Jonathan Woss [0] always was a bit of a pratt. He's a bit of a film critic, presenter and writer, thinks he's a comedian but isn't funny.
All true but he also has a fairly common speech impediment so can be forgiven for that.
As a role model in any guise, no chance whatsoever.
The drunken skirted appearance was just unprofessional arrogance. His overblown ego just gave him delusions about some obvious shortcomings.
How much do we hear of him today?
He also wasn't the first to disgrace himself in this manner but the demise of live TV has caused it to be much rarer these days.
Steve.
ScotL
Chatbot

Post by ScotL »

Knickson wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 10:32 pm

Yes ,Woss is a childish pratt , I cannot watch him but he did go out in a skirt and tights so can`t be all that boring I suppose , sad days when the BBC throw money at people like him that cannot even speak the Queens English correctly , like the Welshman Huw Edwards when he reads the weather report and says it will be COWDY meaning cloudy ! ect.
I don’t know this Jonathan Ross guy but I also don’t want to give him a pass just for wearing a skirt and tights because we are on a site trying to normalize skirts as unisex. For all we know he out them on to be a clown. I don’t think people who wear a skirt for comedic purposes help us at all. In fact, I think they hurt us.
Knickson

Post by Knickson »

ScotL wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 6:38 pm

I don’t know this Jonathan Ross guy but I also don’t want to give him a pass just for wearing a skirt and tights because we are on a site trying to normalize skirts as unisex. For all we know he out them on to be a clown. I don’t think people who wear a skirt for comedic purposes help us at all. In fact, I think they hurt us.
But he did talk on National TV about men that like to dress like a Woman and not wanting to be anything but Male ,so I do think he is part of the movement towards Men reclaiming freedom in clothes .
Ray
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Ray »

Huw Edwards is a cool guy in my view. His accent is refreshing and crystal-clear. I have no problems understanding him. Given that this the BRITISH Broadcasting Corporation, the existence of a Welsh accented presenter should be unremarkable.
ScotL
Chatbot

Post by ScotL »

Knickson wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 9:04 pm

But he did talk on National TV about men that like to dress like a Woman and not wanting to be anything but Male ,so I do think he is part of the movement towards Men reclaiming freedom in clothes .
I don’t know this guy at all. But a guy who will say that on national TV and be positive about it, that’s great. You have a link to it?
Knickson

Post by Knickson »

ScotL wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 11:59 pm
Knickson wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 9:04 pm

I don’t know this guy at all. But a guy who will say that on national TV and be positive about it, that’s great. You have a link to it?
I don`t have a link but he was on a talk show at the time ( as I don`t watch his own stuff ) , another was Aidrian Chiles ,when another presenter ( a female )mentioned Womens bras he said ........``there are not Just Womens bras ,but Mens bras as well as men also have breasts `` so its little bits here and there , a few hints so to speak .
ScotL
Chatbot

Post by ScotL »

Aidrian May have been joking about the “Bro” or the “mansierre” of Seinfeld fame?
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

Ray Thanks Steve. Tried Boden and M&S. No lightweight knee length skirts seem so far. I will keep looking.
This is the Chicwish skirt that I mentioned earlier and here it is in the flesh. Ironically it's maiden voyage was to have been in Glasgow on Saturday.
Would have been fine because it was hotter then but today was just ok and the bare legs could have used tights.
A bit of a pose change too at least I don't look like I am about to be shot or fed up waiting for a bus to show up.
Steve.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.