Shorts under skirts and dresses

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Shorts under skirts and dresses

Post by Sinned »

Carl, you are right in your comments. For example, any shows made in the USA doesn't expose breasts whereas in the UK we have series such as "Silent Witness" that will show a body in the mortuary full frontal We have a programme called "Naked Attraction" that shows nudity. Go further west into Europe and nudity and sex is even more explicit. Not saying that either is good or bad, just different social customs.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
Chirp
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Chirp »

What some wear under a skirts and dress's will very,
Some wear nothing, Some very little. Some wear tight shorts.

I know my self i wear kilts and skirts,
Depending on what i'm doing will very what i have under.
Doing anything were kilt or skirt can ride up or flash then i for most part have bike short style underwear.
Less i'm doing the less i wear, Long skirts i have gone free as bird, I have done so in kilts too. But sure not spinning around and do cartwheels.

Shorts can be for modesty. Maybe the person feels better knowing no one will sneak a peek up there,
maybe they plan on being more active. Or they wanted to wear the skirt to cover there butt
No one mess's with a big guy in kilt
Grok
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Grok »

denimini had a good point regarding bike shorts. Yes, an attached, light weight skirt would make sense in terms of modesty.

nzfreestyler had some interesting comments. For sports/athletic activities perhaps some men would prefer such an option to true skirts.
Grok
Member Extraordinaire

Response to moon shadow

Post by Grok »

Fullness is definitely a factor. I recall posting about wearing a Macabi knee length during a windy day. The skirt stayed down of its own accord, while I experienced a cooling updraft. Quite an interesting sensation, while my modesty was preserved. :mrgreen:
rode_kater
Member Extraordinaire

Post by rode_kater »

Sinned wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 11:37 pm Go further west into Europe and nudity and sex is even more explicit. Not saying that either is good or bad, just different social customs.
I don't think explicit is the right word. Nudity is allowed on TV if it's a situation where it's expected. But it can't be the purpose of the shot, only incidental. So you might see the occasional boob and/or genitals but it's never what I'd call "explicit". If you watch American TV you'd think everybody sleeps in pyjamas or showers fully clothed.