These Boots Weren’t Made for Walking: Gendered Discrepancies in Wearing Painful, Restricting, or Distracting Clothing

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.
Bodycon
Member Extraordinaire

Re: These Boots Weren’t Made for Walking: Gendered Discrepancies in Wearing Painful, Restricting, or Distracting Clothin

Post by Bodycon »

crfriend wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 7:05 pm There seems to be quite a lot of linguistic evolution happening Down Under, as another delightful term that made its way north of the zero-latitude mark was "arse antlers" used to refer to the occasional enormous tattoo that's seen in the smalls of backs. Brilliant!
They get called "Tramp Stamps" here. I quite like that alternative though.
rode_kater
Member Extraordinaire

Re: These Boots Weren’t Made for Walking: Gendered Discrepancies in Wearing Painful, Restricting, or Distracting Clothin

Post by rode_kater »

The Australian phrase I try to remember and popularise here is the "muffin top". You know, that effect you get when you squeeze overweight people into tight leggings.

Fortunately you see it a lot less often than you used to, it was terrible at one stage.
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Post by r.m.anderson »

rode_kater wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 8:48 am The Australian phrase I try to remember and popularise here is the "muffin top". You know, that effect you get when you squeeze overweight people into tight leggings.

Fortunately you see it a lot less often than you used to, it was terrible at one stage.
The High Waist versions of leggings tend to correct that - "BUT" still yet it persists -
Compression of internal organs may result in side (back-front) effects not pleasant for the long term health
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !