Dresses?

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.
greenboots
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Dresses?

Post by greenboots »

Some nice long skirts but most of the items look weird to me.
Midas
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Midas »

I must say I prefer dresses and skirts from the like of Seasalt, White Stuff and Boden to these articles.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Yeah, I'll bet the dress you get will look nothing like the one in the picture. Like a Big Mac looks dead like its photograph. At that price and all the way from China? I don't think the top is designed for a man - it's designed to show off a woman's cleavage, sorry John & nz.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
Freedomforall
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Freedomforall »

geron wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 9:04 am Here's a novel design from China:
INCERUN Men Long Style T Shirt Dress Long Sleeve Mesh Patchwork Fashion Men Clothing 2021 See Through Fitness Sexy Split Dresses
https://a.aliexpress.com/_vFka6F
I have a lot of kaftans made by Incerun and they are good quality.
Tazzmac

Post by Tazzmac »

So , I'm a part time kiltie but funnily enough I spend a lot of time in a 'dress' if the truth be told and ironically I've never had when occasionally my neighbours have seen me . It's kind of weird I've never really thought of it til recently .

I have never owned a pair of pyjamas in my life . I've always worn nightshirts (correct term ) or as Mum called them 'nighty's' ..She'd say "Your nighty is ready for putting away " after it was laundered..

The old ones were rather long , almost to my ankles but I must have a dozen or so and the new ones are above the knee. I like mine slightly over size so I can slip in and out of them easy . The flannel winter ones are surprisingly warm and the lightweight summer ones are so much better than any pyjama tops and bottoms could be..super easy to wash too..

On the odd occasion I've been ready for bed or forgotten to lock the car and gone out just in my nighty and one of my neighbours have seen me ..If it bothers them like my kilts they've never said so ..Maybe I'm more of a non conformist than I thought eh .. Does anybody else like nighty's?.. Love to know ... Cheers .
JohnH
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JohnH »

I guess I have the right shape to wear dresses as my natural bra cup size is DD and I have curvaceous butt. So I wear dresses most of the time. I even wear dresses to church a lot more frequently than most of the women in the church. I have a bass speaking and singing voice so I present like a woman but definitely have a man's voice.
Big and Bashful
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Big and Bashful »

Tazzmac wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 12:24 am So , I'm a part time kiltie but funnily enough I spend a lot of time in a 'dress' if the truth be told and ironically I've never had when occasionally my neighbours have seen me . It's kind of weird I've never really thought of it til recently .

I have never owned a pair of pyjamas in my life . I've always worn nightshirts (correct term ) or as Mum called them 'nighty's' ..She'd say "Your nighty is ready for putting away " after it was laundered..

The old ones were rather long , almost to my ankles but I must have a dozen or so and the new ones are above the knee. I like mine slightly over size so I can slip in and out of them easy . The flannel winter ones are surprisingly warm and the lightweight summer ones are so much better than any pyjama tops and bottoms could be..super easy to wash too..

On the odd occasion I've been ready for bed or forgotten to lock the car and gone out just in my nighty and one of my neighbours have seen me ..If it bothers them like my kilts they've never said so ..Maybe I'm more of a non conformist than I thought eh .. Does anybody else like nighty's?.. Love to know ... Cheers .
I have worn nightshirts in bed for probably 40 years, maybe more. Since I live in a 175 year old house in a huge bedroom it is kind of cool at night, so I bought a bunch of nightshirts off Nights in White Flannel, a Canadian company who make them out of a fantastic warm fabric, I asked them to make me some long ones, not their usual sort of knee length, they didn't shrink as I expected so many years later, they are still floor length or just a bit too long. Lovely and warm. I did find some long sleeved above ankle length lighter nightshirts but they are Chinese quality, as in seams are letting go, okay for the Summer though.
I am the God of Hellfire! and I bring you truffles!
KenCT

Post by KenCT »

Tazzmac wrote:
Does anybody else like nighty's?.. Love to know ... Cheers .
I've worn nightshirts for years after arising (I have been sleeping au naturel since teen years). Here in the US choices in men's nightshirts are very limited and prices are high; I have only found them online or in catalogs, in whatever shade of gray one wants. On the other hand, women's T-shirt and tank dresses are inexpensive, varied in color and readily found - and very comfortable. Shift styles are suitable for the male body shape. I have run a couple of errands in such, but they are mostly at-home wear. The most comfortable thing I lounge around the house in is a French terry swim coverup, also marketed to women. Shorter than a typical nightshirt, but soft and drapey.
rivegauche
Member Extraordinaire

Post by rivegauche »

The only reason I avoid male nightshirts is that all the ones I have seen are too short. I wear cotton nightdresses but again most are too short. You can get ones 54" long from David Neiper but they are very expensive. I buy mine from Cotton Lane - they are about half the price of those from David Neiper and are 52" long. There is a wide range of sleeveless (for summer) and full length sleeves for winter. I occasionally wear male pyjamas when staying with friends but having that restriction round my waist is not an aid to sleep. As for the waking hours - dresses rather than skirts as much as possible - I have been wearing them since Christmas Eve including some shopping, with only a short time in trousers in the supermarket.
Myopic Bookworm
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Myopic Bookworm »

I have a fairly long nightshirt which my wife bought me, but I rarely wear it because it tends to overheat my upper half.
Tazzmac

Post by Tazzmac »

Myopic Bookworm wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 4:44 pm I have a fairly long nightshirt which my wife bought me, but I rarely wear it because it tends to overheat my upper half.
Mine are all sorts .. I have roughly a dozen . I have different lengths too except the ankle length ones ..Too long .. My longest one would be just below the knees and the shortest one maybe 100 mm below my backside ..They can't be tight up top though and short to elbow sleeve only ..Don't like the long sleeve ones . I hate the thought of pyjamas ..Horrible and messy to wear I think ..but to each his own though for those who do like them ..it's just my opinion of them ..Cheers..
6ft3Aussie
Member Extraordinaire

Post by 6ft3Aussie »

Nope, dresses and night shirts are not my thing. Same with pyjamas.

I got frustrated years (and years and years) ago with feeling all tied up in bed.
If it's a cold night (which in QLD we won't have again until at least mid April) I pull over the thin summer weight doona...
Ozdelights
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Ozdelights »

Definitely nightshirts for me for a long time. I find T shirt dresses to be comfortable, cheap and easy.
Ray
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Ray »

6ft3Aussie wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 12:01 pm Nope, dresses and night shirts are not my thing. Same with pyjamas.

I got frustrated years (and years and years) ago with feeling all tied up in bed.
If it's a cold night (which in QLD we won't have again until at least mid April) I pull over the thin summer weight doona...
Same here. I wear clothing out of bed, not in it.
Big and Bashful
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Big and Bashful »

6ft3Aussie wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 12:01 pm Nope, dresses and night shirts are not my thing. Same with pyjamas.

My first cat used to keep crawling under the covers, one reason I wore nightshirts then was to protect me against claws or wet midnight cat! Now I just like the additional warmth.
I am the God of Hellfire! and I bring you truffles!