I have to confess!

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.
Freedomforall
Member Extraordinaire

I have to confess!

Post by Freedomforall »

I stumbled on this site from Romania tonight. I am in love with these dresses! The prices not so much. Seems they are all over $800 USD.

https://www.chotronette.com/product-category/dresses/
Ralph
Member Extraordinaire

Re: I have to confess!

Post by Ralph »

If you like retro styles, you might enjoy Lindy Bop which is more 50's than renaissance but still quite lovely and arguably more affordable. If I didn't have to wash it occasionally I would live in my "Lydia" style dress!

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R ... acat=63861
Ralph!
Freedomforall
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Freedomforall »

Ralph wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 5:34 pm If you like retro styles, you might enjoy Lindy Bop which is more 50's than renaissance but still quite lovely and arguably more affordable. If I didn't have to wash it occasionally I would live in my "Lydia" style dress!

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R ... acat=63861
I took a peek at the dresses. Very nice!! Thank you
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

The problem with the dresses is that they are designed specifically for women. Like, I mean the necklines are designed to emphasise the boobs. Yes, I suppose that there are a few men that do have breasts that could benefit. But when you look at the dresses in most cases they have cups built in to take the breasts, a bit like inbuilt bras. So as much as they looked great with lots of flowing gauzy material, I just can't see them working for most of us without a lot of remedial work.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
nzfreestyler
Member Extraordinaire

Post by nzfreestyler »

Pretty dresses for sure - but they are bodiced so not intended to be worn with a/your bra. Thus they require a/your boobage to fit, and also to look right since they are mostly sweetheart necklines for some cleavage.

otherwise they are nice dresses - a bit formal - might have to get your high heels out? Limited opportunities to wear such a formal style dress - perhaps a less bodiced/formal dress would be better options for wearability?

cheers
NZF
JeffB1959
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JeffB1959 »

The dresses from that Romania site are a bit much for casual outings to the mall, however, the offerings from Lindy Bop are more my style. Wearing 1950's style dresses with full petticoats beneath and high heeled pumps would be super cool! 8)
I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman.
nzfreestyler
Member Extraordinaire

Post by nzfreestyler »

JeffB1959 wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 9:36 am The dresses from that Romania site are a bit much for casual outings to the mall, however, the offerings from Lindy Bop are more my style. Wearing 1950's style dresses with full petticoats beneath and high heeled pumps would be super cool! 8)
Yeah - I think you're right JeffB. 1950's era fit and flare styles definitely need a high heel to look right I think. Other styles would be too bulky or simply too strappy.

Also - the dress style suits all figures - that knee length flared dress style - and all legs/ankles are better with a heeled shoe to compliment.