Wearing a skirt on Halloween?

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.
Jim
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Wearing a skirt on Halloween?

Post by Jim »

Wearing a skirt on Halloween might be a good way for a timid man to start skirting, but I think it hurts the cause of men being accepted wearing skirts daily to be seen as a costume.
Uncle Al

Post by Uncle Al »

Why wear a skirt just on Halloween :?:
I wear skirts and dresses DAILY with no problems :!:

Uncle Al
:mrgreen: :ugeek: :mrgreen:
Kilted Organist/Musician
Grand Musician of the Grand Lodge, I.O.O.F. of Texas 2008-2009, 2015-2016,
2018-202 ? (and the beat goes on ;) )
When asked 'Why the Kilt?'
I respond-The why is F.T.H.O.I. (For The H--- Of It)
ScotL
Chatbot

Post by ScotL »

I can see both sides of this coin. If you only wear a skirt on Halloween, it’s a costume when we’d like it to be considered not a costume. Like, you show up in a skirt on Halloween and someone would say “oh, you didn’t feel like dressing up this year?”

But I can also see it as a place for newbies to get used to wearing one. It’s the one day of the year where it’s acceptable to wear anything. No questions asked. Feel confident that your manhood, orientation or trans status won’t be questioned. So you can just try it out and see.

I’ve been wearing kilts more than skirts and it took a little while to get used to the freedom.

I can also see how wearing a skirt on Halloween could also lead to the explanation of “why did you start wearing skirts?” An answer of “Halloween costume” and “opened my eyes to the comfort factor” is fully defensible.

To those who have already made peace with the demons and wear daily, please don’t discount the need for each individual to make peace with their own demons at their own speed.
FLbreezy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by FLbreezy »

ScotL wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 10:08 am To those who have already made peace with the demons and wear daily, please don’t discount the need for each individual to make peace with their own demons at their own speed.
Halloween seems like the perfect day to make peace with daemons. :lol:
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

FLbreezy wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 12:09 pm Halloween seems like the perfect day to make peace with daemons.
Call now on Hades 6666-666-666 to speak with Luc I Fer who will give you the warmest of welcomes.
Steve.
Faldaguy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Faldaguy »

As a regular skirt wearer, I just pick an item with pattern and colors to fit day -- and fit right in!
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

:alien:
𝒯𝒽𝑒 𝒻𝒶𝒸𝓉 𝓉𝒽𝒶𝓉 𝐼 𝑜𝓃𝓁𝓎 𝓌𝑒𝒶𝓇 𝓈𝓀𝒾𝓇𝓉𝓈 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝒹𝓇𝑒𝓈𝓈𝑒𝓈 𝓂𝑒𝒶𝓃𝓈 𝐼 𝓌𝒾𝓁𝓁 𝒷𝑒 𝓈𝓀𝒾𝓇𝓉𝑒𝒹 𝑜𝓃 𝐻𝒶𝓁𝓁𝑜𝓌𝑒𝑒𝓃 𝑜𝓇 𝓂𝒶𝓎𝒷𝑒 𝒶 𝒹𝓇𝑒𝓈𝓈.

𝒮𝑜 𝒻𝒶𝓇 𝒪𝒸𝓉𝑜𝒷𝑒𝓇 𝒽𝒶𝓈 𝒷𝑒𝑒𝓃 𝓆𝓊𝒾𝓉𝑒 𝓌𝒶𝓇𝓂, 𝓁𝒾𝓀𝑒 𝓉𝑜𝒹𝒶𝓎 𝒾𝓉 𝒾𝓈 𝟩𝟪𝐹 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝐼 𝒶𝓂 𝓌𝑒𝒶𝓇𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝓉𝓇𝒶𝓅𝓁𝑒𝓈𝓈 𝒹𝓇𝑒𝓈𝓈 𝓉𝑜 𝑒𝓃𝒿𝑜𝓎 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝒸𝑜𝑜𝓁𝓃𝑒𝓈𝓈 𝑜𝒻 𝒾𝓉.
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
mishawakaskirt
Member Extraordinaire

Post by mishawakaskirt »

I was playing with my face book account.
And playing with the auto complete

I typed in" for Halloween I'm going to wear" and then saw what my next word choices were.

The first go at it had me saying "skirts and dresses"

The second time auto complete had me saying " Skirts for the first time in town" it's like auto complete knows me.

I have my skirts all picked out for Halloween.

I hope I don't chicken out at the last moment. I have been known for do that in the past numerous times.
While I was very tempted to "accidentally" post my auto complete message I decided not to.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mishawakaskirt @2wayskirt on Twitter

Avoid the middle man, wear a kilt or skirt.
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

I did but then I would have anyway, so it doesn't really count, I guess.
Two of the sweetest and politest trick or treaters and American too.
Got their booty and "Happy Halloween Sir" they chorused!
Gods I felt old.
Steve.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Yesterday I did my usual Halloween thing and wore male drab in a Corporate mode complete with necktie. I thought I looked like a scarecrow, but onlookers were slightly more gracious.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Myopic Bookworm
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Myopic Bookworm »

I didn't dress up for Halloween, but I did wear a skirt, just below the knee, in the same sort of cream-coloured cotton material as I have often had in chinos. I accidentally went to a busier and less familiar supermarket than usual, but no one seemed to notice.
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

I wore a strapless dress on Halloween but did not go anywhere nor did I have any trick or treaters since I live way out in the country side.
But wearing the dress really doesn't count as I was going to wear it anyway as my normal dress as I wear skirts and dresses everyday.
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
mishawakaskirt
Member Extraordinaire

Post by mishawakaskirt »

Ok an update on Halloween 2022.

Sometimes I think I should turn in my MIS card. :(

Due to a printer glitch and due to a lack of time. I was never able to print out part of my costume. I had my skirts all picked out and ready for the night.
My original plan was I had to go to three different places and was going to wear three different skirts.
A kilt, a midi length tartan skirt and a solid color skirt.
The plan was to see reaction differences between the three.
Kilt, plaid skirt, and green midi skirt.

Due to the printer and lack of time I ended up wearing the kilt all three places.

I know Halloween is not a good day to get/develope any type of reaction base line. I still wish I had had time to wear all three. And seen how reaction varied.

In my kilt.

Out to eat : I got three positive comments.
And our waitress seemed to be extra attentive, it wasn't very busy at the time, so I'm probably seeing something that isn't there.

At Costco : 4 comments throughout the store.

One from a lady from about 20 feet away.
She made a noise to get my attention. Upon getting my attention she smiled, nodded and barely audibly said I like your kilt.

A male worker Said that's great, but then asked me if I could dance the jig. An adjacent cashier chimed In that she liked my kilt.

Then at Menards hardware store a worker seemingly half way across the store, came up to me to ask me if I needed help finding anything in a very enthusiastic tone.

At the cash register the clerk commented nice outfit and was disappointed that more adults had not dressed up for Halloween and that I was the second one he had seen all night.

Again I doubt I would get that kind of attention and from so many people If I turned around and wore the same thing in a week or two.
Mishawakaskirt @2wayskirt on Twitter

Avoid the middle man, wear a kilt or skirt.
ScotL
Chatbot

Post by ScotL »

mishawakaskirt wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 2:17 am

Out to eat : I got three positive comments.
And our waitress seemed to be extra attentive, it wasn't very busy at the time, so I'm probably seeing something that isn't there.
This has been my experience. In a kilt, service is extra attentive. Always.
Chirp
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Chirp »

There have been many times i have received comments while wearing a kilt.
Women tend to be the ones that comment the most,
No one mess's with a big guy in kilt