Earthbound Trading

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.
Freedomforall
Member Extraordinaire

Earthbound Trading

Post by Freedomforall »

This is one of several dresses on Earthbound that feature men wearing them. I do not care for the look of featuring pants with the item, but at least they are conditioning people to seeing things differently.

https://www.earthboundtrading.com/olive ... rall-dress
Uncle Al

Re: Earthbound Trading

Post by Uncle Al »

Not too bad but, I understand why the guy is wearing pants.
Because the length is not made for a tall person, it is for HIS modesty.
(Family-Friendly Picture ;) )

Uncle Al
:mrgreen: :ugeek: :mrgreen:
Kilted Organist/Musician
Grand Musician of the Grand Lodge, I.O.O.F. of Texas 2008-2009, 2015-2016,
2018-202 ? (and the beat goes on ;) )
When asked 'Why the Kilt?'
I respond-The why is F.T.H.O.I. (For The H--- Of It)
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Four pictures and only one with half a man in it, sort of like an afterthought. Whilst the garment looks good its length is more suited to a minion. I could probably be convinced to wear one if there were a different pattern as not fond of the offered one.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
nzfreestyler
Member Extraordinaire

Post by nzfreestyler »

They came out here to NZ in 2019-ish as a trend if I recall correctly.

They're supposed to be short hemmed. I have a few overall dresses - or dungaree dresses that are short.
One wears a tee shirt or a check/tartan/plaid shirt/blouse under for a preppy fresh sort of a look in summer/between seasons. A cropped top under is a nice cool option too for summer.

I like the look - its a little quirky which suits me.
Not being a boots fan much - don't go for the boots look which is very popular with these overall dresses inbetween seasons.

Definitely something that is fairly androgynous for lack of a better adjective... the styling works for anybody pretty much. Better if you have good legs obviously - but skirts kind of need that anyway.

Cheers
NZF
Freedomforall
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Freedomforall »

Sinned wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 11:38 pm Four pictures and only one with half a man in it, sort of like an afterthought. Whilst the garment looks good its length is more suited to a minion. I could probably be convinced to wear one if there were a different pattern as not fond of the offered one.
You might like this then. I ordered recently from this lady. She is very accomodating as to adjusting the length and skirt style on this. I ordered 23 inches in length and a different skirt style. The ones she makes now are full skirt styles. She is more than happy to make a-line skirts, quarter skirts, half skirts, and full as well.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/726247051/ ... _purchases
Ralph
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Ralph »

Eh, I'm with the majority on this one. Don't care for the style, and I definitely wouldn't care for the length (or lack thereof). I do have a nice collection of "pinafore dresses" (aka "jumper dresses" in the US) but they are calf-length to ankle-length. I like them because they can be worn alone in hot weather, or atop a jumper (sweater) in cold weather... but I absolutely cannot stand any garment, bifurcated or not, that ends above my knees. I'm nearly 70, quite overweight, and the sight of my bare legs scares me - never mind the effect they have on innocent bystanders. I am also prone to extreme "man-spreading" when seated, so anything less than calf-length is likely to expose far more of my inner workings to the world than I would care to expose.

Interesting (but understandable, given the exposure level) that the one man in the advert wears trousers under his outfit. I suppose the ladies are less concerned with revealing what's underneath than the man is.
Ralph!
Spirou003
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Spirou003 »

Looks like an apron to me. At least, it has good pockets
nzfreestyler
Member Extraordinaire

Post by nzfreestyler »

I reckon you get used to the hemline being higher. Its just getting used to that as routine wear.
Also a short hemline is much easier if its less floaty - more fitted is much easier yo wear practically, hence most minis in my opinion are best fitted if shorter - not circle/skater or voluminous skirts.

NZF
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

Spirou003 wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 5:27 am Looks like an apron to me. At least, it has good pockets
It is an apron if trousers are worn. I quite like the style but I wouldn't be wearing pants with it ....... just normal underwear.
Note that the guy is portrayed as being too incompetent to do up the shoulder strap ........ or is he Tarzan.
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

nzf, I sort of agree with you on the short skirts, but I find skater skirts good too. I rarely have to control the hem. Most of my skirts are A-line in some form or another. Apart from some bodycon bought for fun and they were cheap. And no, I don't worry about any bulges - women don't.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
FLbreezy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by FLbreezy »

This photo went out in their latest email advertisement, which I thought was pretty cool. The skirt is definitely not my style (too long) but I like the fact they're putting it out there.
78008-skirt_maxi_slit_purpl_054_hero.jpg
https://www.earthboundtrading.com/mysti ... slit-skirt
This skirt was constructed with a standard women’s fit and size in mind—but you do you, it can be worn by anyone.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Faldaguy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Faldaguy »

Yes, nice to see the ad presented 'both' ways. Now, just need to have another Woodstock or time travel back to the hippie days!
Grok
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Grok »

The Earthbound image suggests that, in terms of aesthetics, an overall dress could work for a man.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

I quite like the woman's presentation, but the side-slits do not particularly appeal to me so even though the colour is spectacular, I'll pass on this one. But, it's good to see that it can be marketed to both which is refreshing, indeed.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!