Olympics uniforms

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.
Newtothis

Olympics uniforms

Post by Newtothis »

Not sure exactly where to post this but I was guessing this is about as close as it can get. I have been watching the Olympics and have found it quite humorous that the uniforms are not consistent. Most notably is beach volleyball versus regular volleyball. Women's indoor volleyball wears short shorts and a shirt or sleeveless shirt. Men's indoor wear shirts but with long shorts. Now when you get to beach volleyball men still wear the same shorts But this time with a tank top. Women beach volleyball are basically down to a bikini bottom and a sports bra. Wouldn't it make since if the guys didn't wear a shirt or wore a crop top with short shorts or even square cut trunks at least? I've also noticed similar things in the track events. Women wear pretty much briefs on the bottom, men are wearing styles of shorts down to their knees. They make the same style briefs for men
in diving. Why are they okay in diving, but they are excluded from every other sport? I'm sorry but if I was playing beach volleyball in 90° weather with 90% humidity I would prefer the brief in sand volleyball call me crazy!
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Olympics uniforms

Post by Fred in Skirts »

I'm sorry but if I was playing beach volleyball in 90° weather with 90% humidity I would prefer the brief in sand volleyball call me crazy!
Ok your crazy just like the rest of us.
But you are right it is a bunch of STUPID RULES they make for some unknown reason. We just have to live with it unless the athletes start something.. And they won't!!
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
Newtothis

Post by Newtothis »

Fred in Skirts wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 8:50 pm
I'm sorry but if I was playing beach volleyball in 90° weather with 90% humidity I would prefer the brief in sand volleyball call me crazy!
Ok your crazy just like the rest of us.
But you are right it is a bunch of STUPID RULES they make for some unknown reason. We just have to live with it unless the athletes start something.. And they won't!!
Actually I have read that one of the women's teams said no to the bikini style bottom and got fined. I guess the pop star pink paid for their fine to show her support.
https://nypost.com/2021/07/26/pink-vows ... ing-fines/
Jim
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Jim »

_Equality in Sport.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Epiceneguy
Distinguished Member

Post by Epiceneguy »

Jim wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 10:58 pm _Equality in Sport.jpg
😆
When life gives you lemons, slice them and put them into your G&T!
mishawakaskirt
Member Extraordinaire

Post by mishawakaskirt »

I need the eye bleach!

Neither gender should be forced to wear something like that.
Mishawakaskirt @2wayskirt on Twitter

Avoid the middle man, wear a kilt or skirt.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Oh, I don't know. I wear something similar when on holiday in a hot country such as Egypt, Turkey.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

I would feel compelled to wear a mini skirt over something like that.
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
Jim
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Jim »

mishawakaskirt wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 1:00 pm I need the eye bleach!

Neither gender should be forced to wear something like that.
I agree that the old traditional Olympic uniform should be permitted.

But if not, allowing such a uniform for men and women would be good. Not "forced" but allowed.
Epiceneguy
Distinguished Member

Post by Epiceneguy »

I've often thought that there was real inequality in the athletes sportswear, women should take this up! You can tell that the Olympic committee is run by middle-aged white privileged males straight from the 70's 🤔 and still address females as "my dear" 😆.
As a gay guy I'm all for equality and letting the male athletes take part in similar sportswear to the women's 😁
Or even what Jim suggested 🤣
When life gives you lemons, slice them and put them into your G&T!
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Post by r.m.anderson »

Wearing that outfit that Jim presented should be outlawed as taking an unfair advantage of ones opponent - a distraction at best !
Especially with flashy NEON bright colors !

Swimming has taken a different course with space age speedy water slick clothing covering more of the body and the skull cap - eye googles.

Then there is this year the addition of new Olympic sports unheard of in old times - skateboarding - kayaking - etc.
and the standard current baseball basketball volleyball etc.
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

I noticed that some of the female skateboarders wore short skirts and skorts. For some reason I can't remember what the men were wearing. Oh, and yes, the female golfers sported some shorts, a fair few short skirts and no, you couldn't see anything when they bent over. Not that I was looking, you understand.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Post by r.m.anderson »

For the most part women golfers wear the SKORT -
And the SC has had discussions about the SKORT -

Men can also wear the skort as it offers a better
degree of a modesty check than the skirt alone.

The LGPA has a greater degree of clothing options
than the men's PGA where long pants are the rule.
"Need some UK school boys to change that" LOL !
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !
rode_kater
Member Extraordinaire

Post by rode_kater »

r.m.anderson wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 1:29 pm Swimming has taken a different course with space age speedy water slick clothing covering more of the body and the skull cap - eye googles.
Back in the early naughties I remember seeing olympic male swimmers in one-pieces so I was surprised I wasn't seeing them this time.

Turns out they changed the rules.
FINA decided to ban high-tech suits effective Jan. 1, 2010. The new rules call for textile-only fabric. Men's suits can only extend from the waist to the knees (called jammers), and women's suits are limited from the shoulders to the knees. All suits must be inspected by FINA prior to each competition, and each one must have a tag on the back that signifies FINA's approval.
Link
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

There were some high tech one pieces based on shark skin technology that offered competitive advantage and so were banned. Well, if I remember rightly.