Tartan Inspried Long Skirt Suit

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.
nzfreestyler
Member Extraordinaire

Tartan Inspried Long Skirt Suit

Post by nzfreestyler »

I stumbled upon this look...
I'm think a suit like this might be easily wearable for the clan who appreciate a nice tartan inspired suit/skirting?
Personally I like the colour too.

Cheers
NZF
crfriend
Master Barista

Re: Tartan Inspried Long Skirt Suit

Post by crfriend »

It needs a shirt. And somebody that can fill it properly.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
nzfreestyler
Member Extraordinaire

Post by nzfreestyler »

crfriend wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 1:00 am It needs a shirt. And somebody that can fill it properly.
I get what you're saying - but that wear topless trend is big in womens suiting at the moment I think
The no bra/blouse issue aside though - the skirt length and jacket length is more classical and longer - and looks ok I think?
I thought it was something that is conservative looking that many might consider an ok look.

Also if the jacket was buttoned it would fit better and be more defined and shapely - its worn open for that whole topless sort of look thats going on.

cheers
NZF
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

Oh Yeah
That I could wear in a heartbeat.
I could even see it as a 3 piece. The waistcoat/vest in a solid colour taken from the tartan.
I'd have a shirt/blouse too, the topless look would be a step too far at my tender years. Ha Ha!
Thanks NZ, that has set me thinking of how to develop a little project that I have had on the back burner for a while now.
Steve.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Two things - in what is meant to be a promotional photo and hence shown in its best light the material looks creased, as if it hasn't been ironed. Not the best look. Secondly the skirt should either be shorter, knee-length or a tad longer to mid-calf. It's in the middle of nowhere at the moment. The lapels of the jacket seem too long, as if they have been set to emphasise the open jacket, no bra, no top look.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
partlyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by partlyscot »

I don't know about a plaid or tartan skirt suit, but I thought I saw a gentleman wearing a tweed 3 piece skirt suit once. I was talking to another customer, so was unable to catch up with the guy and talk to him, but it looked good to me. Gave me an impression of a Sherlock Holmes, Victorian period.
SkirtsDad
Member Extraordinaire

Post by SkirtsDad »

I'm not sure what look they were going for.... maybe the "I didn't get home last night as I was out having fun and, obviously I didn't have an iron, but came straight here and at least I'm not late" look? "and btw, I've no idea what happened to my shirt and bra, but luckily my shoes are fine" ;-)

Anyway, seems to be from a vintage shop in Miami https://gem.app/product/pleated-skirt-s ... idi-jacket so maybe the creases are vintage too! If you've got the cash they have some really nice clothes, but you'll probably need to be lucky to find the right size.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

SkirtsDad wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 9:51 pmI'm not sure what look they were going for.... maybe the "I didn't get home last night as I was out having fun and, obviously I didn't have an iron, but came straight here and at least I'm not late" look? "and btw, I've no idea what happened to my shirt and bra, but luckily my shoes are fine" ;-)
All I can say to that is, "Brilliant interpretation!"
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Ralph
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Ralph »

Pleats and plaids, my favourite combination! Sadly seems to be a one-off item; they don't let you select by size (and doubtful they have anything in size "eats too much pizza" :blue:
Ralph!