Earthbound Trading Unisex Dress

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.
Ralph
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Earthbound Trading Unisex Dress

Post by Ralph »

rode_kater wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 3:18 pm A swim dress would be for covering up. Growing up in a place with lots of sun I would actually prefer it to the alternative, which is swimming in a t-shirt. Though I guess sunscreen has gotten a lot better since that message was invented.
Funny story about that. I do like tank-style one-piece swimsuits for the extra coverage, and one weekend I was wearing my favourite Woman Within "Swim365" suit to soak sweat away from me as I did yard work on a very hot day.

I have lived on the Gulf Coast for over half a century, and I know always to wear sunscreen outside in the summer (or late spring, or early autumn...) but I forgot that day. I was outside for well over two hours before I realised my skin was burning to a crisp. I was burnt so badly, my skin positively glowed red for the rest of the summer and well into the following year - with a maillot-shaped white pattern over my chest and back, including the little plastic rings that connect the straps to the back of the suit.
Ralph!
TheEngineer

Post by TheEngineer »

Freedomforall wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 5:35 pm Earthbound Trading is now marketing a unisex dress! https://www.earthboundtrading.com/ivy-p ... scle-dress
Surely this is just the same as an Indian Shalwar Kemeez (see also "kurta pajama"), they have been acceptable (sometimes expected) dress for men (and women) for ages. And they look very smart, nearly always worn about knee length with trousers to satisfy the modesty conventions in India, but can be worn trouserless. And there is endless choice.
I love how fashion keeps reinventing old things and dishes them up as new and exiting :-)
But if it helps men to jump the gap I approve :-)
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

I would wear that style in its current length without the trousers. In summer, of course.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
nzfreestyler
Member Extraordinaire

Post by nzfreestyler »

It might be a drab style but its based on a muscle t shirt obviously.

Very neutral kind of clothing.
I think for summer sure it has appeal.
It doesn't seem structured enough looking to me - to be right to be worn with stockings/hosiery under - just how I feel about the flow of the unstructured top portion of the garment. But worn loose over bare legs for summer seems to work in my mind.

Yeah - wearable by whoever would want to slip one on I think.
I would suggest a less bulky shoe - but thats just my 10cents worth. Hot feet in summer - not for me.

Cheers
NZF