Earthbound Trading Unisex Dress

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.
Ralph
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Earthbound Trading Unisex Dress

Post by Ralph »

rode_kater wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 3:18 pm
A swim dress would be for covering up. Growing up in a place with lots of sun I would actually prefer it to the alternative, which is swimming in a t-shirt. Though I guess sunscreen has gotten a lot better since that message was invented.
Funny story about that. I do like tank-style one-piece swimsuits for the extra coverage, and one weekend I was wearing my favourite Woman Within "Swim365" suit to soak sweat away from me as I did yard work on a very hot day.

I have lived on the Gulf Coast for over half a century, and I know always to wear sunscreen outside in the summer (or late spring, or early autumn...) but I forgot that day. I was outside for well over two hours before I realised my skin was burning to a crisp. I was burnt so badly, my skin positively glowed red for the rest of the summer and well into the following year - with a maillot-shaped white pattern over my chest and back, including the little plastic rings that connect the straps to the back of the suit.
Ralph!