Brighton's finger to the fashion police!

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.
howardfh
Member Extraordinaire

Brighton's finger to the fashion police!

Post by howardfh »

Just had a short break in lovely (but cold/wet) Brighton; and noticed one thing, the skirted women and girls have thrown away the rule-book :twisted: and wear ankle-socks (usually white) on top of tights (black or fishnet)! Yay!! Think the look has been imported from Japan - but whatever it's nice to see the look I remember from the 70's being fashion again!

Hope that filters down to the guys who would deffo feel comfortable walking round the Laines in leather skirts/fishnets/sox and boots and I'll be doing just that next time I go down.
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Brighton's finger to the fashion police!

Post by STEVIE »

Ankle socks yes nut not on top of tights unless it is very cold.
That is a part of my outfit plan for today. Teamed with a linen skirt or dress because the weather is looking good.
That's a look that I cannot remember from the seventies, it may not have got this far north.
Steve.
skirtingtoday
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtingtoday »

I usually wear white ankle socks over black tights such as in this pic from a golf tournament.
(Not the best of pics - I am third from left - the only fellow in a skirt)
CVVCPIC6-200x200.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on" - Winston Churchill.
"If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it" - Joseph Goebbels
Ralph
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Ralph »

When it's so cold that my super-heavy "sweater tights" aren't enough, I add a layer of fleece lined leggings. Never cared much for ankle socks.
Ralph!