Pantyhose / Tights Reviews and Recommendations for the Taller Gentleman

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Pantyhose / Tights Reviews and Recommendations for the Taller Gentleman

Post by Sinned »

I always found the fixing of stockings awkward and never worked for me. The stocking always seemed to come undone from the button and wire fixing things. I had no-one to teach me how as my wife had never used them and I didn't know anyone else who did. Maybe I just wasn't doing it right but in the end I just gave up. I do have some stockings and on occasion will wear them held up by carefully selected for size elastic bands.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
nzfreestyler
Member Extraordinaire

Post by nzfreestyler »

Good quality clasps should be metal and rubberised or soft plastic clips that slide into the metal loop fasteners on each suspender strap.
Sounds like you had metal clips - which is best - there are plastic ones out there - but they are inferior.

It simply comes down to the fastening of the stocking welt to the clip and making sure you have the clips flat and inside the metal loop evenly. Its a technique - especially your rear fastening - but like anything done properly they are fine.

NZF
FranTastic444
Member Extraordinaire

Post by FranTastic444 »

Thanks for the additional posts that have come in since my last update.

I notice hat some of the links are to multiple X + L garments. I may give these a try but I've always worried, as pointed out in one of the replies, that such sizes are wider but not necessarily longer. Interesting to see links to UK sites. I may well try these out next time I'm back in the UK to save on postage / import duty issues.
Whitetop03

Post by Whitetop03 »

Have you ever looked at Comfort4Men. They are a German company that sells pantyhose designed to fit men. They even come with a fly. They have compression hose in three styles, 8-10 mmHg, 12-15mmHg and 18-20 mmHg. I wear the 12-15 mmHg pantyhose because I need them for my leg health. They are expensive, $43 per pair, but I believe they are worth the price. They have others pantyhose and tights, that are not compressive and are less expensive. They have sizes fit fit guys up to 6'5".
You can buy them directly from Comfort4Men, but it will take a few weeks for them to arrive at your door, or you can order them from Shapings dot com or Amazon dot com. The last two places are more expensive, but you get them in less than a week
Stevej180

Post by Stevej180 »

I can heartily recommend Snag (https://snagtights.com/collections/opaque-tights) in the UK. I’m just shy of 6 ft tall and medium build - I found the ‘E’ size fits perfectly and they feel fabulous. And at £6.99 they’re very reasonable too.
Ralph
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Ralph »

Steve, Snag looks fantastic! Sadly I haven't lived in the UK in many decades, but when I visited just now they redirected me to their US site. Best prices I've ever seen, even for wool tights! I'm a little confused by their sizing, though. Height makes sense, but are the US numbered sizes roughly equivalent to dress sizes (so, for example, size 22 would be good for someone like me with more belly than brains, clocking in at over 110cm)?
Ralph!
Bertino56
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Bertino56 »

I have been favorably impressed with WeLoveColors.
https://www.welovecolors.com
Good service on my one order from them, a "men's" department,
over 60 colors available, tights, footless tights (=leggings),
bodysuits (=leotards), unitards, etc. They're located in Florida.
phathack
Member Extraordinaire

Post by phathack »

I have been wearing the SheerTex brand for several years now. They fit my large 6'4" frame comfortably and I have never had a run or tear in a pair.

Another person posted about We Love Colors. which are my second choice but I had had problems with runs and tears in leggings as well as fit in things other than tights.
Epiceneguy
Distinguished Member

Post by Epiceneguy »

I never really thought that I'd be one for wearing tights, they always seemed somehow old fashioned and not practical, however I have to confess to being a complete convert and not only when I wear skirts/dresses, I also wear them underneath my trousers on particularly cold days. I prefer thicker tights when I wear a dress but the thinner ones feel great with my skirts ( and occasionally stockings and suspenders 🥺😉). I now look forward to colder weather,lol.
When life gives you lemons, slice them and put them into your G&T!
TheEngineer

Post by TheEngineer »

I have always enjoyed wearing tights, mostly under trousers or jeans for warmth, but have had many disappointments. The waistband on most is my biggest cause of discomfort and dissatisfaction, especially high-waist designs. But I have found the ideal solution in the so called "hipster" tights, also known as "low waist". These are meant to be low on the waist to be worn with low waist jeans or skirts so they don't show above the waistband, and to keep them in place there is a silicone band like you'd find on stayup stockings. And, by gosh, they really work. They stay where they are put all day long, don't descend, and you forget you are wearing them.
I prefer opaque tights so I go for 100 denier or 130 denier in black, and they come close to total blackout (by the way I have never found tights that give total blackout yet).
I have found the following models to work really well:
Giulia Impresso 100, try stockingshq.com
Gabriella Hipsters Exclusive Low Waist Opaque Black Tights, try apmfashion.co.uk
Marilyn Erotic Vita Bassa 100 Denier Opaque Hipster Black Tights, try apmfashion.co.uk
My all-time favourite was the Gatta 130 denier hipster, made in Poland, but that seems to be unavailable now.

f you Google for "hipster tights" you will find quite a few. Go give 'em a try, you will be surprised.

I am 5' 10" and well built and the largest sizes available fit me very well.
I do sometimes wear something over the top such as a bodysuit or a brazilian-cut underthing and I feel supremely comfortable all day long. Just don't want to take it all off :-)