Pleated Midi Skirt Trend

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.
JeffB1959
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Pleated Midi Skirt Trend

Post by JeffB1959 »

nzfreestyler wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 10:51 pm shopping for a pleated skirt - and I found this Victorias Secret pleated skirt. Wow - I like this even more.
Chambray shirt with a contrast white collar to coordinate the skirt. Perfect outfit. Metallic pumps are working well.

I could work with that. The metallic pumps were a nice touch!
I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman.
Spirou003
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Spirou003 »

Pleated skirts look indeed very good, but my biggest problem with them - making me to not wear them - is the static electricity due to the synthetic fabric, which can ruins the confort of wearing them :( I have purchased 3 pleated skirts, all have this problem.
pelmut
Member Extraordinaire

Post by pelmut »

Spirou003 wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 3:02 pm Pleated skirts look indeed very good, but my biggest problem with them - making me to not wear them - is the static electricity due to the synthetic fabric, which can ruins the confort of wearing them :( I have purchased 3 pleated skirts, all have this problem.
Have you tried wearing a cotton petticoat underneath them?  That often gets rid of the static electricity effects.
There is no such thing as a normal person, only someone you don't know very well yet.
Coder
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Coder »

pelmut wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 6:44 pm
Spirou003 wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 3:02 pm Pleated skirts look indeed very good, but my biggest problem with them - making me to not wear them - is the static electricity due to the synthetic fabric, which can ruins the confort of wearing them :( I have purchased 3 pleated skirts, all have this problem.
Have you tried wearing a cotton petticoat underneath them?  That often gets rid of the static electricity effects.
I was going to suggest an open faraday cage :D but that may work as well.
Faldaguy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Faldaguy »

I'm with Ralph, I like the look of the midi pleaded at the start of this thread. I often wear midis but they tend to be rather plain drab A line and are very functional for almost any occasion, but the pleaded option would dress it up quite a bit; and heck, the more material just reminds me I do have a skirt on!
Coder
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Coder »

Ran across an instagrammer in one (and other skirts/dresses):

https://www.instagram.com/p/CM5hJuLhwhZ/
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

I own several, one in beige, one black, one floral, and at least one other. They move nicely and are quite comfortable to wear.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

Coder wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 12:15 pm Ran across an instagrammer in one (and other skirts/dresses):

https://www.instagram.com/p/CM5hJuLhwhZ/
I could not get through as they wanted me to sign in or join and as I am not a member and do not wish to join I could not see what you were talking about. :(
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
Pete07

Post by Pete07 »

Oh cool, that Instagram has some really good styles.

I’ve been thinking about grabbing some midi skirts but wasn’t too sure. Think I’ll hit up the shop and see how they fit etc and go from there.
Coder
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Coder »

Fred in Skirts wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 6:26 pm I could not get through as they wanted me to sign in or join and as I am not a member and do not wish to join I could not see what you were talking about. :(
Ugh. I forgot about that limitation, and this was in place before Facebook owned them too, otherwise I'd blame Facebook. I tried several Instagram viewers but they all failed to load images. There's a way to directly link to an image, but my recollection is they fail to load for people who don't have an account or some other such reason. They do offer an embed widget, but I don't think it will work as it requires html parsing and does not support bbcode.

Suffice it to say, his profile is full of skirted (and non-skirted) looks - some good, some too trendy/sloppy, but overall seems to be a good ambassador for skirted kind.
Spirou003
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Spirou003 »

Funny, I did see his profile a few days ago but today it's not possible :D
bretthov

Post by bretthov »

I like the midi length skirts and the pleats are a nice touch. anyone have some favorite links for midi skirts that they have or like? looking to find a few for both work and when out and about
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

Well, everyone that knows me knows I wear midi skirts often!
moon_beltane.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
JeffB1959
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JeffB1959 »

moonshadow wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 1:14 am Well, everyone that knows me knows I wear midi skirts often!

moon_beltane.jpg
Very nice. A clean, casual style that works practically everywhere.
I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman.
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

Hi Moon,
Apart from the hat/tee/midi combination I really like your photo technique. The yellow designer bike is not only practical pollution-free transport, but a visually great prop. Shot through Spring leaves from a low angle into the Sun arrived at a lovely picture indeed, so there!

Tom
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !