Grey Suit

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.
nzfreestyler
Member Extraordinaire

Grey Suit

Post by nzfreestyler »

I bought a new grey suit from Portmans in Australia. Great price and freight was not much to get it here to NZ. So much better value than buying here - and better styles to choose from!!

Just need to get it cleaned and pressed before I can wear it out - but I had to look at how I would wear it today- I think it will be a versatile suit because Grey is so neutral. I spent an hour today looking at some styling options.

here's a pic of an outfit idea. I think purples and lilacs - even pinks will be awesome with pale grey. So too would red perhaps.

I will put some modelling pics up from when I actually wear it out.

Cheers
NZF
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Grey Suit

Post by Sinned »

Good looking, classy outfit, nz. I would have thought that almost any colour would go with grey, just being an off-white. Electric blue, golden yellow, purple, maybe pastels would be as effective. Bright, strong colours.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
JeffB1959
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JeffB1959 »

Very nice, nz! I think the grey suit would work fabulously with the purple top and matching pumps. I see you added accessories like a bag, necklace and earrings, I've mentioned on my thread that I never leave home without a purse and don't feel fully dressed without earrings, so I'm impressed that you're going for the full look/ Can't wait to see pics of you in that ensemble!
I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman.
nzfreestyler
Member Extraordinaire

Post by nzfreestyler »

Sinned wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 8:44 am Good looking, classy outfit, nz.
thanks - I was very pleased to see it arrived ok - and so I had to look to see what coordinates....
nzfreestyler
Member Extraordinaire

Post by nzfreestyler »

JeffB1959 wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 9:24 am Very nice, nz! I think the grey suit would work fabulously with the purple top and matching pumps. I see you added accessories like a bag, necklace and earrings, I've mentioned on my thread that I never leave home without a purse and don't feel fully dressed without earrings, so I'm impressed that you're going for the full look/ Can't wait to see pics of you in that ensemble!
thanks JeffB
I know you have high standards too ! As for accessories - well they make an outfit a little sharper looking. As far as earrings go - I have a few piercings in me and my ears are among them so I do wear earrings - but usually only wear drop earrings/hoops etc for an evening out sort of thing. But I thought those earrings matched up well....

Cheers
NZF
Ray
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Ray »

Lovely looking suit. My preference on shoes would be the purple/maroon/aubergine shoes (less severe looking / good colour match).

Good to see you intend to wear stockings with the suit. Legwwar will underpin the professional / smart look.
nzfreestyler
Member Extraordinaire

Post by nzfreestyler »

Ray wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 6:27 am Good to see you intend to wear stockings with the suit. Legwwar will underpin the professional / smart look.
thanks.
yes I put a hosiery/stockings option there because I know many are big on hosiery - whereas down here we are more bare legs is ok - as long as they are moisturised etc its ok to go bare.

I'll have to wait and see but with a pencil skirt in suiting sometimes the old suspender belt bumps do ruin your lines... if that makes sense so we'll wait and see how I go.

I prefer the purple pumps too - the only thing putting me off them a tad is they have a gold plated heel (silver would be better)
JeffB1959
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JeffB1959 »

nzfreestyler wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 9:34 am
JeffB1959 wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 9:24 am Very nice, nz! I think the grey suit would work fabulously with the purple top and matching pumps. I see you added accessories like a bag, necklace and earrings, I've mentioned on my thread that I never leave home without a purse and don't feel fully dressed without earrings, so I'm impressed that you're going for the full look/ Can't wait to see pics of you in that ensemble!
thanks JeffB
I know you have high standards too ! As for accessories - well they make an outfit a little sharper looking. As far as earrings go - I have a few piercings in me and my ears are among them so I do wear earrings - but usually only wear drop earrings/hoops etc for an evening out sort of thing. But I thought those earrings matched up well....

Cheers
NZF
Adding earrings was an experiment at first, and I wasn't sure if I'd like them. Turns out I did, and the rest was history, and I wear them on EVERY outing. As for what you chose for your outfit, I think you picked out a good pair, I think gold matches best and provides contrast with the purple top, kinda like the colors of the Los Angeles Lakers. Heh!
nzfreestyler
Member Extraordinaire

Post by nzfreestyler »

JeffB1959 wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 9:32 am kinda like the colors of the Los Angeles Lakers. Heh!
thanks JeffB..... but I doubt the Lakers will be wearing high heels!!
JeffB1959
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JeffB1959 »

nzfreestyler wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 9:35 am
JeffB1959 wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 9:32 am kinda like the colors of the Los Angeles Lakers. Heh!
thanks JeffB..... but I doubt the Lakers will be wearing high heels!!
Quite true! Quite true! :lol:
nzfreestyler
Member Extraordinaire

Post by nzfreestyler »

Ha ha - just saying... mind you I'd be ok with it if they chose to...Heels are empowering.