The Little Bazaar

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

The Little Bazaar

Post by moonshadow »

https://www.thelittlebazaar.com/

Earlier this week I made a purchase from this California skirt retailer. They sell some beautiful boho and hippy skirts, and their prices are reasonable.

I purchased three skirts from their clearance page, all told, shipping and all, I spent $50. Considering these are the same skirts I've found in local New Age/Hippy stores for $50-$80 EACH... $50 for all three seemed like a good deal.

Anyway, I just received them today and I LOVE them! The quality is reasonable, they fit well, and seem to hang well off my odd shaped body.

I may wear one tomorrow.

Photos will be forthcoming.
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
Faldaguy
Member Extraordinaire

Re: The Little Bazaar

Post by Faldaguy »

Thanks for the lead. I've been trying to build a bit more color into my skirts -- I've a few that could grace their pages, but they've added enough my pocketbook may suffer!

Sadly, I'll have to be very patient -- mail here is useless, so I need a friend with a half - empty suitcase! Pura vida,
Daryl
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Daryl »

moonshadow wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 12:20 am https://www.thelittlebazaar.com/

Earlier this week I made a purchase from this California skirt retailer. They sell some beautiful boho and hippy skirts, and their prices are reasonable.
I was quite excited by the possibilities until I clicked on an item I fancied. Not available in my size. :cry:

So far DIY is the only way I can get a nice cheerful print skirt like those.
Daryl...
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Yes, I can see how these would appeal to you. I could see possibilities for me too if only they weren't so far away. Shipping to me would be impractical.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

Here is one of the skirts....

Since it's still cold outside I'm wearing my fluffy petticoat under it.
20210214_094012_resize_27_compress25.jpg
From the rear
Screenshot_20210214-094110_Video Player.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
Daryl
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Daryl »

moonshadow wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 2:49 pm Here is one of the skirts....
Definitely the kind of skirt I like, though I'd probably not puff one out any further since I already knock things off shelves by accident with anything but straight or pencil skirts.
Daryl...
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

Daryl wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 5:15 pm
moonshadow wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 2:49 pm Here is one of the skirts....
Definitely the kind of skirt I like, though I'd probably not puff one out any further since I already knock things off shelves by accident with anything but straight or pencil skirts.
Thankfully this one isn't the hoop petti. Just two layers of puff over a liner.

This skirt seems perfect for it. It's full enough to retain its pleats, unlike some of my other skirts that tend to "tighten" over the petti.

I have every intention to buy more from the site in the future.

Would have liked to had given it a proper outing today, but damn this weather has been miserable for the last several weeks... and I get tired of window shopping in the local Walmart every weekend. Let's face it, Walmart isn't exactly the most desirable place for a guy like me to hang out... especially my local store... always crawling with self righteous rednecks.

Once again, my annual winter time RANT.... the sun always comes out once or twice during the week... come Saturday and Sunday... cold and WET. I'll be glad when spring gets here.
-Andrea
Grok
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Grok »

Moonshadow certainly demonstrates that longer skirts can look good on men.
partlyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by partlyscot »

Colourful!
Spirou003
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Spirou003 »

It's a pity that for most of them, there is only one photo. And I'm missing pockets. Otherwise I would maybe have purchased a few ones. At least, it did give me some ideas :)
mishawakaskirt
Member Extraordinaire

Post by mishawakaskirt »

I must admit they have tons of neat clothing. Very colorful, nice looking skirts. Including your outfit Moon.

While they are great looking skirts on the website, I don't see any that I will order, none of them suit my tastes.
I just prefer plain skirts.

Perhaps a gift for the wife?? That could be a possibility. Just finding one she would love would be the challenge.

Happy skirting all.
Mishawakaskirt @2wayskirt on Twitter

Avoid the middle man, wear a kilt or skirt.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

Skirt number 2:
Screenshot_20210220-222057_Gallery_resize_61_compress37.jpg
Worn it all day today, and the general public seemed well behaved about it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-Andrea
hops

Post by hops »

Nice skirts!
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Really nice, Moon, and it looks good, good, good. I don't see any reason why your skirt would receive any negative reaction. I like that type of pattern, looks quite sort of rustic bohemian.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
Faldaguy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Faldaguy »

It would fit in my wardrobe very nicely! :)