Outfits: What Inspires You?

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Outfits: What Inspires You?

Post by Sinned »

Moon, I don't remember you getting any ribbing for your skirts, maybe only good-natured ones. While you wear what I probably wouldn't mainly because of the skirt length, you do have your own sense of what you like and I won't fault you for that. My style is not yours either. We both agree that what we wear appeals to our inner sense of identity and leave it at that. Keep on skirting, friend and I'll keep trying with my wife.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

Sinned wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 10:20 pm
Moon, I don't remember you getting any ribbing for your skirts, maybe only good-natured ones.
It was friendly... no harm.
Rokje
Distinguished Member

Post by Rokje »

What I see in magazines, on tv, or in daily live. One encounter I remember was a young woman dressed in a slim fit jeans, white sneakers, nice t shirt, but what really stands out on her outfit was her short skirt she was wearing over her jeans.

Not the kind of style I would wear, but hey, it looked very nice on her.
Be proud to wear a skirt or dress, they are just clothes. Yes , they are for men too
I'm Marica, a 56 year old girl.

8)
JeffB1959
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JeffB1959 »

Thanks for the responses, everyone. Much appreciated! Kudos to nzfreestyler for mentioning outfits seen in shops, another area of inspiration for me.
I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman.
Wiggy

Post by Wiggy »

I often find Naga Munchetty is a great source of inspiration.
She's so stylish & elegant.
Daryl
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Daryl »

JeffB1959 wrote:
Sun Feb 07, 2021 10:44 am
When it comes to putting together outfits to wear while out in public, what is your inspiration:

--Do you mimic what women wear while out and about?
--See something in a magazine, on TV or on the internet that you like?
--Do you make up something unique to your personal style and taste?

Speaking for myself, I do a little of all three. I enjoy observing women and their outfits, taking mental notes on how I could copy what they wear while adding my own personal touch. Scanning magazines and the internet in particular provides lots of ideas while learning about how to pair clothes with shoes, hosiery and outerwear like coats and jackets during fall and winter. Lastly, like Indiana Jones, I make up stuff as I go when I put together outfits, I find that to be the most fun of all for me, experimenting with tops, skirts, dresses, footwear, handbags, outerwear, even jewelry. Bottom line: I take my appearance in public as a fashion freestyler seriously, so I go to great lengths to look my very best.

So, how about you, folks? What inspires you when it comes to fashion?
I think I'm like you; I find "inspiration" mostly in what I see women wearing but also unique to my own tastes (and body). There is very little in western menswear that I find inspiring; not nothing, but very little.
Daryl...
Grok
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Grok »

Unfortunately, I have to agree with Daryl. I find very little inspiration in mens wear.

One exception is kilting, but that is very much a niche thing.