As nature intended or a smooth operator?

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Re: As nature intended or a smooth operator?

Post by moonshadow »

I shave once per week, about the time things get unbearably prickly. It sure feels go to step out, dry off, and feel the smoothness!

It's like clean fresh linens! Mmmmmmmm
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
SkirtsDad
Member Extraordinaire

Post by SkirtsDad »

I was never that hairy, however, as I got older the hairs on my legs started to curl and stand out a bit and I didn't like the aesthetics of that, so I started waxing then. (My gf at the time preferred that too as she really wasn't into body hair). Anyway, waxing would often resulted in one or two ingrowing hairs, which can be a pain apart from being tender, they also tended to be somewhat red in colour. So, in the end, having done a considerable amount of research, I bought an IPL machine. It recommend using it once a week for a number of weeks, shaving immediately before use. Even after two sessions there was already a noticeable reduction in hair growth. After four weeks it was only necessary to treat the few hairs that grew back. For me it was a great investment!
nzfreestyler
Member Extraordinaire

Post by nzfreestyler »

I've had IPL and VPL more recently on my body over the years - at a salon - they convinced me to try that rather than waxing - so I am smooth and can be lazy and don't have to wax anymore.Its an excellent investment in personal grooming when you look at what you would spend over the years waxing vs getting 6 IPL/VPL treatments to permanently remove all hair.
(I've even had my underarms done)

I prefer smooth - but I understand its all personal choices.
Ralph
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Ralph »

I tried shaving for a while in the 70's when I was still uncertain whether my clothing preferences were just self-expression as a man or a sign of deeper gender identity issues. But the forest grows so quickly, it took upwards of an hour every time and left me with bloody stumps all over my legs. Thus I have not shaved my legs in some 40 years, and only rarely shave my neck and face when my skin starts to itch.

A minor side effect of this is, sheer tights don't last very long on me (plus they look horrid). So when it's cold enough to wear tights, I wear thick, opaque styles.
Ralph!
Epiceneguy
Distinguished Member

Post by Epiceneguy »

Since I started this thread I've found myself shaving regularly, I find the feeling 100% more sensual than when I left my legs hairy. When I wear a skirt straight after it feels absolutely fantastic, when I wear shorts it's the same feeling, when I go to bed (either boxers or a nightie/tee shirt, either way until winter my legs are bare) the feeling is Mmmmmmmm 😍, even when I'm wearing trousers the feeling of my skin next to the fabric is so intensified.
I'm a 100% convert, the only drawback is the constant attention they require, almost twice a week!!!!
It makes shower/bath time even longer especially when it's added to a facial shave and a little chest hair manscaping 😏
When life gives you lemons, slice them and put them into your G&T!
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

More that 30 years ago now, when I was away in Germany working I experimented with all-over shaving and experienced the sensual pleasures described, but maintaining that was a right chore and when MOH came over, she gave it a resounding thumbs down, so I stopped and let the primeval man-forest take over once more.
Any cosmetic 'improvement' must now be achieved by wearing opaques and that only in the colder months.

Tom
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

I guess I've been fortunate (for a girly guy) as I was never too hairy all around. I have little to no hair (save for a stray one here and there) on my back and shoulders, just small patches on my upper chest, and my arms and legs are about average. So keeping the legs shaved, and a once over on my chest is about all I need to do.

I've seen some men that look like werewolves all over... I can't imagine a cute blouse looking too appealing unless they keep it shaved regularly.

Generally speaking I like my body. I don't like the Buddha belly, but that's not Mother Nature's fault... that's my own lack of discipline and poor decision making when it comes to diet.
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
e2k2houck

Post by e2k2houck »

Smooooooth, But I have been shaving my legs and arms since 1988. I have been racing bikes and doing triathlons since then. I have only been wearing skirts for 3 years. I love how they feel hairless and even more now that I'm wearing skirts.
FranTastic444
Member Extraordinaire

Post by FranTastic444 »

I shave my chin as infrequently as possible as my skin gets very irritated and blotchy if I do it too regularly. Fortunately, my growth is pretty slow, I'm rarely in the office / in front of clients and my wife is not one of those ladies that is looking for a clean-cut guy :-)

I am quite hirsute when it comes to chest and back, less so on arms and legs. To coincide with my most recent bout of skirting (which I guess started about 5-years ago now), I experimented with home waxing (waste of space) and shaving of my legs and underarm. I found the latter quite therapeutic (particularly when I combined it with a long soak in a bath containing scented oils) but I'm pretty lazy and only did this occasionally. I wanted to try try a depilatory cream, but my wife has cautioned me against this because of the burning smell (something that I would not find appealing).

Recently I purchased an epilator, and I've had mixed results. First full use took an age and I wasn't happy with the results. Very blotchy skin, ingrowing hairs, not particularly smooth results, I kept finding bits I'd missed (despite several attempts to get everything) and, quite surprisingly to me, regrowth was rapid. Second full use a couple of days ago was better, but still not perfect. The hairs seemed to come out a little more easily and the results are smoother this time round. Skin even more blotchy than last time (despite regular exfoliation) - largely cleared up in 24-hours but a few "zits" left behind. I'm hoping that with repeated use, this will become a quicker / simpler process and with more time between having to repeat the exercise. I'd say that the epilator is good for below the knee, but not good above and I'm minded to try the depilatory cream on my upper legs, despite the dire warnings from the wife.
Coder
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Coder »

I just finished a year (every 8 weeks, then every 12) of laser on my legs. Before, after shaving I had intense itching/pain to the point where it was unbearable. In addition, I was unable to shave again for about a week while it grew in. It was bad. I tried everything - men’s razors, women’s, double-edged safety, exfoliating, epilating, the list goes on! If this holds this was the best money I’ve ever spent on anything.

I also decided to do my underarms - but for that I bought an IPL device and am at a point now where I just have to use it every three weeks, with little to no growth.

I wouldn’t do IPL on legs - it’s not as strong as laser and doesn’t have the same guarantee that laser gives you… which isn’t a guarantee either but is more likely to have a permanent reduction. I know some here have had great luck with at home IPL - and I’m going to see how the underarm experiment goes.
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

For would-be smoothies there's a lot to be said for a decent pair of flesh-toned opaques. They only cost a fiver if that and usually zero dermatological dramas.

Tom
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
Modoc
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Modoc »

Epiceneguy wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 9:36 pm Soooo, quick question,
Hairy legs or shaved??????
I don't have a lot of body hair on my arms and legs but there is some. I never shaved to wear shorts and swimsuits and don't think I will ever do so to wear skirts and dresses. Doesn't matter to me if others do or don't.
“And the time came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.”
― Anaïs Nin
phathack
Member Extraordinaire

Post by phathack »

I'm a smooth operator. I shave and wear pantyhose in the winter to help keep me warm. :D
Coder
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Coder »

Modoc wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2023 12:15 am I never shaved to wear shorts and swimsuits and don't think I will ever do so to wear skirts and dresses. Doesn't matter to me if others do or don't.
Exactly! It’s just a personal preference.
jamodu
Member Extraordinaire

Post by jamodu »

The best experience is wearing sheer Tights after wet shaving my Legs - except for the damage to hair follicles, resulting in soreness (even after using post shave soothing gel).

For me, the best compromise is when using a Philips One Blade Pro: the next best thing to wet shaving without damaging hair follicles - and without any resultant soreness.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/OneBlade-Finis ... 02893&th=1