As nature intended or a smooth operator?

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Re: As nature intended or a smooth operator?

Post by denimini »

I am happy enough with what my DNA prescribed.
I think it is just personal taste, like skirt length of colour. I don't think that anyone should be feel compelled to have smooth legs when wearing a skirt, male or female.
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
Ray
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Ray »

I’d agree with no need for conformism - but if, like me and Rivegauche (and Mike and Shadowfax...) you wear sheer tights*, then shaving is required to avoid a nasty look on the legs.

*I love the look and feel of good quality sheer hosiery. I’m just not a fan of the bare leg look, especially on women, although I get the comfort argument that is often put forward. That’s what comes of being a child of the 80s, when every girl wore sheer tights!
nzfreestyler
Member Extraordinaire

Post by nzfreestyler »

Do we have a bikini line?, if we do I would have no idea where it would be :lol: :lol: :lol:
Ha ha - yes... well.... cosmetically speaking yes we do have a bikini line - in the salon/beauty therapy connotation we do....
Rokje
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Rokje »

Smooth all the way, every day , that's what ladies do and I did too wearing a skirt as a man.
Be proud to wear a skirt or dress, they are just clothes. Yes , they are for men too
I'm Marica, I'm a 59 year old girl.
Learning Norwegian: Jeg er Marica.

8)
pelmut
Member Extraordinaire

Post by pelmut »

Both. I have almost hairless legs and chest, which is apparently what Nature intended in my case.
There is no such thing as a normal person, only someone you don't know very well yet.
Dust
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Dust »

I have a thin covering of nearly black hair. It's gotten patchy over the past few years, something I keep considering remedying by removing the remainder, but never do. I hate stubble, and stopped shaving my face years ago.

I'd also like to try a few esthetic possibilities (more formal stuff) that simply don't work with leg hair, but even hairless they might not work for me, and waiting for things to grow back to a reasonable length might not be worth the experiment.

That said, I might start experimentation with the hair on my back and shoulders, and go from there.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

Smooth. I just like the way it feels, and it looks nice too.
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

It seems that we either shave or we don't, shave different regions and have our individual reasons for doing so. Whether others do or don't doesn't seem to have any bearing or impact on our preference is evident here and in other threads. While having a peripheral interest it's not something that attracts real interaction.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
Daryl
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Daryl »

Epiceneguy wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 9:36 pm Soooo, quick question,
Hairy legs or shaved??????
Hairless but not shaved. My existing hair was always thin and once I got more elderly was so thin that every hair that got pulled out by an epilator just failed to grow back. I don't need to do anything to remain smooth, which is good since I wear pantihose quite a lot in the winter and matted hair is just not a good look or comfortable.
Daryl...
nzfreestyler
Member Extraordinaire

Post by nzfreestyler »

Daryl wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 5:36 pm
Hairless but not shaved. My existing hair was always thin and once I got more elderly was so thin that every hair that got pulled out by an epilator just failed to grow back. I don't need to do anything to remain smooth, which is good since I wear pantihose quite a lot in the winter and matted hair is just not a good look or comfortable.
oh yes - smooth legs in pantyhose is the way to go I think - obviously essential with sheers - but smooth legs are ready to wear anything - or go bare too.
Epiceneguy
Distinguished Member

Post by Epiceneguy »

So I've just realised that I never really answered the question myself 😳
Normally I'm as nature intended but have shaved/Veeted a couple of times in the past and after deliberation have just tried smooth again last night, I will probably end up with a plumber asking why I've dumped enough fur to keep Antarctica warm down my plughole but have to admit to loving the feeling despite a slight mishap with the razor 😏

When life gives you lemons, slice them and put them into your G&T!
Ralph
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Ralph »

I very briefly experimented with shaving back in the 80's, because I am a very tactile person (which is why I prefer the softer fabrics - nylon, velvet, satin). But my body hair grows VERY fast, and it proved too much effort for too little reward. I don't remember the last time a razor touched any part of my body, only the occasional snip with scissors to keep the beard from strangling innocent bystanders.

The unfortunate side effect of this is that hosiery doesn't last very long, constantly getting snagged on unruly leg hairs. So, I also don't wear tights as much as I used to except when necessary for warmth in the winter.
Ralph!
Uncle Al

Post by Uncle Al »

I had to go 'smooth' so my support hose would stay up. I've used Veet, and other products,
to keep the leg hair at bay. The more I used the products, the less often I needed to use
them. I'm now down to 2 or 3 times per year.

I really enjoy the feeling of the fabric of a skirt or kilt against my bare legs :D

Uncle Al
:mrgreen: :ugeek: :mrgreen:
Kilted Organist/Musician
Grand Musician of the Grand Lodge, I.O.O.F. of Texas 2008-2009, 2015-2016,
2018-202 ? (and the beat goes on ;) )
When asked 'Why the Kilt?'
I respond-The why is F.T.H.O.I. (For The H--- Of It)
nzfreestyler
Member Extraordinaire

Post by nzfreestyler »

I used to shave fr a bit then converted to being waxed because the finish was far superior and the regrowth was less and I saved time, then I decided to have permanent removal (IPL and VPL options). This was = 1 years worth of treatments in time to become totally smooth - and equal to approx 3 years waxing in terms of $.

Money well spent to have my legs ready for all occasions.
phathack
Member Extraordinaire

Post by phathack »

I shave in the summertime when I am more likely to go bare legs. Winter, I wear pantyhose and my fine hair cannot be seen through the panty house I wear so I don't bother with shaving then.