OnlyMaker.Com

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.
FranTastic444
Member Extraordinaire

OnlyMaker.Com

Post by FranTastic444 »

OnlyMaker
Did a quick search and there is one reference to this company (in passing, back in 2017).

It looks like their shoes go up to men size 15 (US). I'm sure the material would be PU or plastic rather than leather at this price point, but this might be a gateway to experience heeled shoes (particularly stiletto) for those of us with larger feet.

No idea what the cost of delivery is like to the US, whether the goods are of suitable quality and whether the company has a good reputation. Anybody have any experience of this site or can name other companies that can go up to size 14 or 15?

They have a dedicated men's page, but from what I can see, all of their stock seems to go up to 15. Maybe the only thing that changes on the men's section are the images at the bottom of the page?
steamman

Re: OnlyMaker.Com

Post by steamman »

I’ve worn some of their boots. Good quality, albeit PU. The only issue I had with them was they were tight around the ankles. Check out Giaro, they have an extensive range of heels , all available to size EU 46.
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

I just ordered a pair of flats to see if they will fit properly. I ordered size EU45 I only hope they are wide enough to be comfortable. I will let you know when they arrive in about 10 to 15 days.

:-D
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
nzfreestyler
Member Extraordinaire

Post by nzfreestyler »

Hi folk,

I have never worn this brand - I have worn some other similar brands in more unusual styles - but from what I understand they are not as sturdy as a regular high heel shoe.

I don't speak from personal wearing experience - I do wear high heels every day - but I have small feet so I can buy regular shoes - but I can say the heels are placed differently underfoot - more a back mounted stiletto heel for instance - and they have some flex in them wheras my higher heels are more solid and have less flex.

The fabric will be softer than a lot - designer high heels are often very very thick/hard uppers - especially the patent pointy pumps can be very hard - these onlymakers will be a lot softer material.

hope that helps?

Cheers
NZF
JeffB1959
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JeffB1959 »

Interesting. This is the first time I've heard of this retailer. While they do offer much in the way of generous sizing, especially since I wear a size 13, I fear most of their offerings are too "out there" for my conservative tastes in footwear, but that's just my opinion on the matter.
I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman.
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

JeffB1959 wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 10:17 am Interesting. This is the first time I've heard of this retailer. While they do offer much in the way of generous sizing, especially since I wear a size 13, I fear most of their offerings are too "out there" for my conservative tastes in footwear, but that's just my opinion on the matter.
Jeff, they have some nicer shoes as well I ordered some flats and am waiting on them to arrive.
So check out the entire site not just the heel page. You might just find something you like.
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
JeffB1959
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JeffB1959 »

Fred in Skirts wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 6:48 pm
JeffB1959 wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 10:17 am Interesting. This is the first time I've heard of this retailer. While they do offer much in the way of generous sizing, especially since I wear a size 13, I fear most of their offerings are too "out there" for my conservative tastes in footwear, but that's just my opinion on the matter.
Jeff, they have some nicer shoes as well I ordered some flats and am waiting on them to arrive.
So check out the entire site not just the heel page. You might just find something you like.
Hmm, okey dokey, perhaps I’ll give the site a second look. Thanks!
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

JeffB1959 wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 10:38 pmHmm, okey dokey, perhaps I’ll give the site a second look. Thanks!
Looks like mostly nosebleed heels and flats with little in the reasonable range.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Pdxfashionpioneer
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Pdxfashionpioneer »

Finally! Finally! there's an advantage to my height (5' 5")!

I fit a women's size 10 medium or 9.5 wide and they're fairly common sizes.
David, the PDX Fashion Pioneer

Social norms aren't changed by Congress or Parliament; they're changed by a sufficient number of people ignoring the existing ones and publicly practicing new ones.
JeffB1959
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JeffB1959 »

crfriend wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 11:04 pm
JeffB1959 wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 10:38 pmHmm, okey dokey, perhaps I’ll give the site a second look. Thanks!
Looks like mostly nosebleed heels and flats with little in the reasonable range.
Did some looking around this morning, and they do offer moderate heel heights around 3 1/2 inches:

https://www.onlymaker.com/collections/mid-heel

Thing is, it looks like everything is medium width, no wide. That could be a tad problematical for folks like me.
Ralph
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Ralph »

Meh. Their flats are all pointy-toed, no good for my huge arthritic feet.
Ralph!
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Even 3.5in is quite tall. I have some 2.5in and they're tall enough for me.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
Mike
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Mike »

Ahh geeze... Just spent $45.
Mike

Who the hell is 'society' anyway?
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

Yes, Mike at 6'5" in your bare feet I thought you could do with a lift!

How did you get back from your flight of a few months ago?

Tom
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
JeffB1959
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JeffB1959 »

Mike wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 1:36 pm Ahh geeze... Just spent $45.
Wow! I’ve got vertigo from just looking at those shoes! :lol: