YouTube video: "10 things YOU NEED to shop for in the MENS SECTION"

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.
hiddenheels

YouTube video: "10 things YOU NEED to shop for in the MENS SECTION"

Post by hiddenheels »

Hello,

Browsing around on YouTube, and came across this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6t3IwLCigPM

Looked at the comments, so much support for her shopping in the men's section, then wearing all that cloth! Just find it quite telling how the "other side" views this. There's lots of support for women "cross-dressing", but men "cross-dressing" must be a fetish. [by "cross-dressing", I mean wearing cloths sold to the other gender, and not where you pretend to be the other gender]
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Re: YouTube video: "10 things YOU NEED to shop for in the MENS SECTION"

Post by moonshadow »

hiddenheels wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:22 pm There's lots of support for women "cross-dressing", but men "cross-dressing" must be a fetish. [by "cross-dressing", I mean wearing cloths sold to the other gender, and not where you pretend to be the other gender]
I don't know.... I think people are pretty tolerant either way. There may be slightly more tolerance on the f2m crossdressing, but I believe that gap is getting smaller and smaller.

Some men do shame other men who wearing clothing intended for women m, but let's face it, those men have a corn-cob up their ass anyway, and most other people know this...
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
JohnH
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JohnH »

Sometimes a man has to shop in the women's section. Those of us such as myself with chest mounds will have a mighty difficult time finding bras in the men's section. :lol: :lol: :lol:
nzfreestyler
Member Extraordinaire

Post by nzfreestyler »

JohnH wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 11:52 pm Sometimes a man has to shop in the women's section. Those of us such as myself with chest mounds will have a mighty difficult time finding bras in the men's section. :lol: :lol: :lol:
yes - I've the same problem too. Bras and hosiery just aren't in the 'mens' ahem section. Duh.
JeffB1959
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JeffB1959 »

Clothing is clothing, the gender divide about it all is ridiculous. I've shopped for womenswear both when garbed in same and not and never had any problems, no odd stares, no scowls, no insults, none of that nonsense, I just go about my business, and have fun doing so as well, and that, in my mind, is the important thing.
I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman.
nzfreestyler
Member Extraordinaire

Post by nzfreestyler »

well said JeffB

fundamentally thats the truth.

cheers
NZF
Pdxfashionpioneer
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Pdxfashionpioneer »

Or as my most recent ex- would say, "If you're going to do something, do it with pride." If it's something you feel so ashamed of that you have to be furtive and hidden about it, don't do it!
David, the PDX Fashion Pioneer

Social norms aren't changed by Congress or Parliament; they're changed by a sufficient number of people ignoring the existing ones and publicly practicing new ones.
JeffB1959
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JeffB1959 »

Pdxfashionpioneer wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 9:56 am Or as my most recent ex- would say, "If you're going to do something, do it with pride." If it's something you feel so ashamed of that you have to be furtive and hidden about it, don't do it!
Indeed! If you are openly furtive, then you give out signals to people around you who instinctively wonder if you're up to something. That's not how I roll, I wear women's clothes with pride, and I shop for women's clothes with pride, it's the ONLY way to go!
I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman.
gudulitooo

Post by gudulitooo »

Is there a Skirtcafe Youtube channel that could post a video "10 things you need to shop from the women's section" ?
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

I just entered "10 things you need to shop for in the women's section" into goggle and there are plenty of entries but all from the woman's perspective.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.