RipSkirt

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.
FranTastic444
Member Extraordinaire

Re: RipSkirt

Post by FranTastic444 »

Unsure about which size (waist) and length to get, I fell back upon my normal plan and ordered from Amazon (where I know that returns are easy for me to handle).

Purchased for $45, but now listing at $50.

Very happy with the purchase. Wife said it looks good on me, but even better on her :-) At least I know what to get her for Christmas :-)

The manufacturer is only putting their MkI kit on Amazon. If you want the MkII with the pockets, you have to use their website. Now I'm happy with the product and I know the sizing, my next purchase will be direct.
Faldaguy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Faldaguy »

by FranTastic444 » Sat Nov 13, 2021 11:11 am

Very happy with the purchase. Wife said it looks good on me, but even better on her :-) At least I know what to get her for Christmas :-)
You lucky guy as it sounds like she is willing to share or be twins. I've no doubt my skirts look better on my wife -- but she is possessive and doesn't like the twin look, so when she snitches one of my skirts, I have to go shopping again. And darn it, she has good taste -- I've lost some nice finds that way. I suppose our problems could be worse -- just be happy she can share your inclinations and your Christmas shopping will be a breeze!
Ray
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Ray »

Nice skirt, but I wish it were not made of polyester. That’s really bad for the environment.
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

Ray wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 8:22 am Nice skirt, but I wish it were not made of polyester. That’s really bad for the environment.
Yes, I try and avoid those sort of fabrics but even the cotton growing industry is destroying our river. I like linen (flax) and hemp (the fibre) although they are not so common. Wool is good for cold weather, I have a few nice tweed minis.
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
geron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by geron »

Ray wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 8:22 am Nice skirt, but I wish it were not made of polyester. That’s really bad for the environment.
Listed on Amazon UK at a whisker below £108 -- which seems a discouragingly steep mark-up.
Last edited by denimini on Mon Nov 15, 2021 5:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Corrected quotation formatting
Bodycon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Bodycon »

geron wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 5:32 pm Listed on Amazon UK at a whisker below £108 -- which seems a discouragingly steep mark-up.
Unless I am missing something, it looks from the website like a simple wrap skirt.

Any local seamstress could make this in less than an hour for half the price (including pockets).

Actually, you could make it yourself easily enough, just use fabric glue if you don't have access to a sewing machine.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

falda, what's wrong with the principle of holfing things in common for usage by either party? If she doesn't like sharing then let her buy her own. O the alternative "what's yours is mine, and what's mine is me own".

Early in our marriage my wife and I often wore matching items. Sadly it was mainly tops. I hadn't really discovered skirts as an option for men's wear then, although I did occasionally try on hers when she wasn't around.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
Faldaguy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Faldaguy »

Hey Dennis,
I may 'moan' a bit, but it really isn't a hardship, or worth a spat. I do not share her feelings as I kind of like the idea of having look-alike (twin) items of apparel, or better complimentary ones like Milo and spouse do so nicely -- but that is flair far beyond my kin. And I'm certainly willing to share or have items in common, but she seems to feel clothing is more personal, even though she sometimes borrows an item from me and returns it -- usually something that is not highly distinctive; i.e she would borrow a plain black skirt, but not not borrow or loan something that people would readily remember as something the other of us wore.
So even though I may 'lose' an occasional purchase to her wardrobe -- it does give me a ready excuse to go shopping again! I guess it is a case of 'lose some, win some'! :)