Even ladies shoes .

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.
Jim
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Even ladies shoes .

Post by Jim »

nzfreestyler wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 5:14 am this is my style - pointier....
I'm no great follower of fashion, so forgive my ignorance.

What is the point of pointy shoes? I've never seen anyone's feet shaped like that. It would seem to just uncomfortably and unhealthily squeeze one's toes together. Maybe it makes it easier to slip your foot in a stirrup or a bike pedal with a top strap?
nzfreestyler
Member Extraordinaire

Post by nzfreestyler »

Jim wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 11:40 am What is the point of pointy shoes? I've never seen anyone's feet shaped like that. It would seem to just uncomfortably and unhealthily squeeze one's toes together. Maybe it makes it easier to slip your foot in a stirrup or a bike pedal with a top strap?
Its really just a style - although I think a pointy toe is much more traditional in womens shoes as a toe shape.

I don't find them uncomfortable to wear but I have worm pointy toe shoes for so long that I hardly know any differently.

My toes are slightly pointy shaped when I stand barefooted - probably due to pointy shoes - but its not really bad - its more convenient. But not like badly misaligned etc.

As for functionality I don't think there is any - other than that it makes our feet look smaller. So too does having a higher heel. There is no useful aspect. I also think that the pointed toe shape also suits a stiletto style heel better than a rounded toe for instance.

Lastly as a final noteworthy point - there are pointy toe styles that are easier to wear than others - and there are styles that look better than others. A shorter shallow toebox appears very pointy and very small and it is more forgiving than a longer traditional shaped pointy toe. I think the most uncomfortable pointy toe shoes are the more traditional pointy toe - and add a 3 inch heel and they would be likely to be a bit tiresome at least. A higher heel at 4 or more inches often is easier on your toes in a pointier shoe than the lower heeled version.

NZF
partlyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by partlyscot »

The only ones I wear are the tall boots, that's for winter. Finding mens boots that tall is nearly impossible.
JeffB1959
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JeffB1959 »

SkirtsDad wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 10:36 pm What can I say? My shoe room:
P1000906sc.jpg
WOW! That's an incredible collection, SD! Yeah, Imelda would've been proud!
I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman.
Tackleberry
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Tackleberry »

phathack wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 10:31 pm It's hard to find womens shoes that fit so they are only about 20% of my shoes.
Mostly womens boots and a couple of pairs of shoes. Just not much demand for women's shoes is super big sizes.
In England I’ve been getting my shoes and boots from Asda (part of Walmart, which is the only supermarket that does my size) since I’ve discovered my feet are a normal UK size 9 woman’s size!!
My latest purchase is a pair of knee high boots which I got from Asda for £50 and they fit like a glove and not wide at the top like my other 2 pairs...
If only they did a similar pair in brown then I’d be happy!!
*edit* just had another look - they bloody well do do a brown pair too :mrgreen:
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Post by r.m.anderson »

Received an email from torrid.com - shoes and boots to women's size 13 (men's conversion about a 12) - still not in the ball park for some.
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !
Ralph
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Ralph »

Jim wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 11:40 amWhat is the point of pointy shoes? I've never seen anyone's feet shaped like that. It would seem to just uncomfortably and unhealthily squeeze one's toes together.
That is exactly why I only wear round/square toe shoes, preferably in extra-wide. The first place I developed arthritis was in the "knuckle" of my big toes, where they connect to the foot, and I suspect that's because even men's shoes squeeze my toes together in an unhealthy way if I don't get them wide enough.

The whole concept of pointy toe shoes squeezing your feet makes me think of the old Chinese practice of foot-binding, where they would literally break girls' feet and then keep them bound tightly to remain tiny forever. American shoe styles aren't that extreme, but based on the same principle.
Ralph!
Knickson

Post by Knickson »

Thanks for the Interest , I will look in Asda now , womens boots and shoes seem to go to size 9 ,but I need only womens 8 , so great .
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Post by r.m.anderson »

Knickson wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:20 pm Thanks for the Interest , I will look in Asda now , womens boots and shoes seem to go to size 9 ,but I need only womens 8 , so great .
Note all sizes - women's USA sizes

You are lucky size 9 !
The usual inventory is starting at 6 and going up to 11 --- 12 and 13 are the extremes.
The shoe manufactures make the bulk of their inventory in the range of your fitting - again lucky you !

A hint at the start of the fashion season visit a shoe store and strike up a relationship with the owner/manager
to alert you when the B-I-G - W-I-D-E shoes will be coming into stock - so you can perhaps have first dibs on them.

USA
Gone are the Payless shoe stores - merged with Amazon in a limited capacity.
Payless had the larger extended sizes.
Famous Footwear very limited selection beyond size 11.
DSW - much the same - lots of shoes in the mid range limited beyond that.
EBay Thrift Goodwill a fleeting chance to get what you heart (er foot) desires.

AND then the COST factor - how much do you want to spend and ordering online shipping/postage ?
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !
steamman

Post by steamman »

Check out ASOS, they have lots of size 9 and a small number of size 10 ladies shoes and boots. If you want to wear heels of the very high variet, look at Giaro, they do all of their styles to size 46. I own a pair of their boots and they are good quality. If you don’t mind spending more money, look at some Italian shoe makers on eBay, gianrico Mori make superb boots, I own a pair of their thigh boots and they are fabulous, albeit the sizes run small.
Knickson

Post by Knickson »

I am ladies size 8 ,so it looks good to be in the proper footwear for me , English 14 for panties skirts /trousers /tops and 42B for bras .happy days .
brennk

Post by brennk »

I have become a huge fan of ballet flats. They don't work very well with my suits for work, but I pretty much wear them all the time otherwise.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
nzfreestyler
Member Extraordinaire

Post by nzfreestyler »

how about a classic pump if you want to wear it with pants too?
A wedge heel is a much less feminine option - still clearly a pump though but a great transition shoe?

the pump is a wardrobe staple - works with everything from skirts to shorts and pants too.

this example - is subdued but classical/timeless. (and it has a rounded toe for those who don't like pointed toes...goodness knows why - I love my pointies)

cheers
NZF
Knickson

Post by Knickson »

Look not for comfort .
Tackleberry
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Tackleberry »

Knickson wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:20 pm Thanks for the Interest , I will look in Asda now , womens boots and shoes seem to go to size 9 ,but I need only womens 8 , so great .
Depending on the size of your nearest Asda they may not have the full range, my nearest one doesn’t have a large range of shoes but the Asda I pass to/from the way to work does but I still buy online and collect it from the store when it’s ready (my new brown boots will be ready tomorrow :D ).