@jvdd on TikTok

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.
FranTastic444
Member Extraordinaire

@jvdd on TikTok

Post by FranTastic444 »

Some of his videos feature skirt wearing.

Here.

Here.

Here.

Here.

Here.

Which led me to this guy

Here.

Here.

Here.

Here.

Never knew that "femboy Friday" was a thing.
FranTastic444
Member Extraordinaire

Re: @jvdd on TikTok

Post by FranTastic444 »

So, I've looked into this some more. My reason for the original posting was my initial interest in the fact that a group outside the Skirt Cafe demographic had embraced the skirt. The contributors seem to come from a broad church. Those I linked to are, I think, cis-gender "pretty boys" (as some of the others on the group call them) who are mainly looking to attract girls. There are also some guys who are giving off a vibe that seems to cater more for the gay market. There is a lot of representation from the non-binary corp (both male and female at birth) and a bunch of females who seem to either love or loath the whole movement. Some of the guys are clearly channeling a Kurt Cobain influence and the goth / emo subcultures seem to be pretty well represented. There is what seems like a running joke about a Hooters staffed by guys in female attire (Femboy Hooters) and, being teens, there is some content of a sexual nature!

In among loads of teens lip-syncing to some very questionable music (and either flippin' the bird (as they say) or doing a Winston Churchill V for victory and sometimes doing both in quick succession), there are a smattering of contributors who seem to be genuinely interested in expanding their horizons when it comes to fashion. On one perusal I did come across a 'shaming' video of an older guy (typical Skirt Cafe demographic) at a train station (I think in Seattle) but I've since been unable to find it so maybe it was removed by mods. I have also come across a couple of older guys who have featured in videos - links below if you are interested.

Overall then, an interesting diversion. There are clearly some guys in there who are very much in keeping with the Skirt Cafe ethos of presenting as male whilst wearing clothing that has been pigeon-holed as female only, but there is a whole bunch of other stuff going on in the same group.

By coincidence, I came across an article yesterday that flagged TikTok as being particularly stealthy with regards to grabbing personal data (nothing illegal as far as I can see, just cookie mining and the like - probably no worse than what Facebook and Google are already doing). With this in mind I'd recommend keeping away from the app, but if you do want to check this out you can search via Google or similar and get an idea of the content.

Example 1.

Example 2.
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Post by r.m.anderson »

CAN'T VIEW - PAGE NOT AVAILABLE !

Must LOGIN to TikTok

Please post commonly accessible data !
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !
FranTastic444
Member Extraordinaire

Post by FranTastic444 »

Woah, steady there tiger :blue:

I've been accessing this content without creating an account or logging in. No idea why it should be different for you??? I tend to have Facebook and Hotmail permanently logged in, not sure if that makes any difference. Just logged out of both and I can still see the videos. Browser choice / browser settings maybe???
new2skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by new2skirts »

I think the younger generations don't have the same hangups as Boomers, so pigeon holing and categories of either clothing or other societal norms is just mot their thing... it is "me against the world, like my style or piss off" kind of logic. Look at the likes of EJ Johnson, Joshohhgosh and countless Instagrammers. As there are more platforms to show the world who they are, or to just head out "into the wild" dressed as they are, there's no real trepidation.

Mark as in Mark, who frequently takes his skirted pictures at train stations, doesn't seem to get much attention from younger folk (there was a picture of him in a black and white check skirt, the young man in the near background seems oblivious to this). I guess more acceptance of LGBT has helped people not bother to focus on who is wearing what, or why :wink:
Formerly Kilty / Joe Public etc...