Skirts worn with a corset

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.
Shilo
Member Extraordinaire
Posts: 257
Joined: Tue Jan 21, 2020 1:29 pm
Location: NW UK

Re: Skirts worn with a corset

Post by Shilo »

Corsets are definitely not for me. Like so many others I like the comfort of a skirt and corsets do not strike me as a comfortable thing to wear.
However corsets for men were quite popular in Victorian times. One of the most famous wearers being Otto Von Bismark
:roll:
Big and Bashful
Member Extraordinaire
Posts: 2529
Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2006 3:51 pm
Location: Scottish West Coast

Re: Skirts worn with a corset

Post by Big and Bashful »

Idle thoughts time: I have contemplated trying one, till I saw the prices! Would they be a good dietary aid? the pressure on the torso reducing the capacity to "pig out", reducing appetite and long term maybe reducing weight?
I am the God of Hellfire! and I bring you truffles!
User avatar
Freedomforall
Member Extraordinaire
Posts: 818
Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2017 3:00 pm

Re: Skirts worn with a corset

Post by Freedomforall »

Big and Bashful wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:31 am
Idle thoughts time: I have contemplated trying one, till I saw the prices! Would they be a good dietary aid? the pressure on the torso reducing the capacity to "pig out", reducing appetite and long term maybe reducing weight?
Wearing one will certainly make you not want to over eat. It helped my stomach shrink and I now eat only two meals a day. I was about 194, which is not overweight for my height. I am now at 174. It took me about 6 months of wearing one to do this. It also helps with confidence.
Big and Bashful
Member Extraordinaire
Posts: 2529
Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2006 3:51 pm
Location: Scottish West Coast

Re: Skirts worn with a corset

Post by Big and Bashful »

Freedomforall wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 6:39 pm
Big and Bashful wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:31 am
Idle thoughts time: I have contemplated trying one, till I saw the prices! Would they be a good dietary aid? the pressure on the torso reducing the capacity to "pig out", reducing appetite and long term maybe reducing weight?
Wearing one will certainly make you not want to over eat. It helped my stomach shrink and I now eat only two meals a day. I was about 194, which is not overweight for my height. I am now at 174. It took me about 6 months of wearing one to do this. It also helps with confidence.
I like the thought of a strap-on diet! but I don't see how it would help with confidence though.
I am the God of Hellfire! and I bring you truffles!
nzfreestyler
Member Extraordinaire
Posts: 546
Joined: Sat May 25, 2019 12:21 am

Re: Skirts worn with a corset

Post by nzfreestyler »

Shilo wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 5:11 pm
Corsets are definitely not for me. Like so many others I like the comfort of a skirt and corsets do not strike me as a comfortable thing to wear.
However corsets for men were quite popular in Victorian times. One of the most famous wearers being Otto Von Bismark
I find the corsets not uncomfortable - very different - a firm pressure - but not at all sore or uncomfortable - a snug fit over your hips and waist that is simply very stiff feeling. Great for posture - once you've worn one you appreciate just how good they are for your posture !

I think there is a bit of extreme-ism out there - as with anything nowadays - if a little bit is good then more MUST be better, so lets try and squeeze the waist to a stupid size !!!! NOT.
worn at a comfy level they are flattering and honestly nice and comfortable. I think the secret is moderation.

cheers
NZF
kingfish
Member Extraordinaire
Posts: 278
Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2003 1:49 pm
Location: Metrowest Suburbs of Boston

Re: Skirts worn with a corset

Post by kingfish »

Been there. done that. And got picture(s) to prove it.
Posted them over at: viewtopic.php?p=194832#p194832

I found it to be reasonably comfortable and entertaining. I've also worn it as an undergarment and found that it does get the gut under control. It also kind of promotes (or is that enforce) good posture.
nzfreestyler
Member Extraordinaire
Posts: 546
Joined: Sat May 25, 2019 12:21 am

Re: Skirts worn with a corset

Post by nzfreestyler »

Here is one of mine.
I generally wear a longer line - so its still underbust but goes over my hips - so its not a waist cincher style.

Image

cheers
NZF
User avatar
Freedomforall
Member Extraordinaire
Posts: 818
Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2017 3:00 pm

Re: Skirts worn with a corset

Post by Freedomforall »

nzfreestyler wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:11 am
Here is one of mine.
I generally wear a longer line - so its still underbust but goes over my hips - so its not a waist cincher style.

Image

cheers
NZF
You look to be similar in size to me. I am 5'11" with a 32 inch waist. It goes to about 26 to 28 inches when corseted.
User avatar
Freedomforall
Member Extraordinaire
Posts: 818
Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2017 3:00 pm

Re: Skirts worn with a corset

Post by Freedomforall »

Wearing one will certainly make you not want to over eat. It helped my stomach shrink and I now eat only two meals a day. I was about 194, which is not overweight for my height. I am now at 174. It took me about 6 months of wearing one to do this. It also helps with confidence.
I like the thought of a strap-on diet! but I don't see how it would help with confidence though.
It gives confidence by helping to improve posture. Slumped posture is an outward projection of what is going on in the mind. This may not be a problem for you. It also, helps confidence by making you feel as if you are being "hugged" all the time.
Last edited by Uncle Al on Sat Jun 27, 2020 4:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixed quoting format
nzfreestyler
Member Extraordinaire
Posts: 546
Joined: Sat May 25, 2019 12:21 am

Re: Skirts worn with a corset

Post by nzfreestyler »

Freedomforall wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:40 am
nzfreestyler wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:11 am
Here is one of mine.
I generally wear a longer line - so its still underbust but goes over my hips - so its not a waist cincher style.

Image

cheers
NZF
You look to be similar in size to me. I am 5'11" with a 32 inch waist. It goes to about 26 to 28 inches when corseted.
I am shorter than you - 5 ft 7 - hence I love high heels!

My waist is 27 inches normally - that corset is not fully closed - about an inch off - and its not too aggressive a corset with a 9 inch hip spring and a 6 inch rib spring - so that means my waist is around 25 inches I'd say there.

I am 36, 26, 35

I do have another corset that I prefer the look of but haven't worn in at least a year - and it has a 12 inch hip spring so its a 22-23 inch waist and is very much hip bone emphasising I suppose - but obviously harder to wear in the sense that you need to wear it more to be used to it.
nzfreestyler
Member Extraordinaire
Posts: 546
Joined: Sat May 25, 2019 12:21 am

Re: Skirts worn with a corset

Post by nzfreestyler »

Freedomforall wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:40 am
nzfreestyler wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:11 am
Here is one of mine.
I generally wear a longer line - so its still underbust but goes over my hips - so its not a waist cincher style.

Image

cheers
NZF
You look to be similar in size to me. I am 5'11" with a 32 inch waist. It goes to about 26 to 28 inches when corseted.
I am shorter than you - 5 ft 7 - hence I love high heels!

My waist is 27 inches normally - that corset is not fully closed - about an inch off - and its not too aggressive a corset with a 9 inch hip spring and a 6 inch rib spring - so that means my waist is around 25 inches I'd say there.

I am 36, 26, 35

I do have another corset that I prefer the look of but haven't worn in at least a year - and it has a 12 inch hip spring so its a 22-23 inch waist and is very much hip bone emphasising I suppose - but obviously harder to wear in the sense that you need to wear it more to be used to it.
User avatar
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire
Posts: 4441
Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2010 7:55 pm
Location: Ireland

Re: Skirts worn with a corset

Post by Kirbstone »

Horses for courses, NZF.

Being ,as they would say here, 'built like a jockey' you can enjoy yourself so.
Pachyderms like me have no chance. 6'2" and regular 34"+ round the middle.

Tom
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
nzfreestyler
Member Extraordinaire
Posts: 546
Joined: Sat May 25, 2019 12:21 am

Re: Skirts worn with a corset

Post by nzfreestyler »

Yes - I hear what you say.
A corset needs to fit your body to begin with or it just wont work. The ration ribs/waist/hips needs to work and thats why they have so many variations in not just waist size - but the variation around that in terms of rib and hip spring as they say.

they do do corsets for men to nowadays - with a lot less hip spring and (I think) more rib spring - that suits more typical figures.

in the right size they do look good on almost everyone.(my opinion anyway)

cheers
NZF
User avatar
hillaryskirt
Active Member
Posts: 71
Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2019 4:55 pm

Re: Skirts worn with a corset

Post by hillaryskirt »

I would love to try a corset to give more dramatic shape. I’d wear it with an A line skirt.
"The past is never dead. It's not even past." - William Faulkner.
Big and Bashful
Member Extraordinaire
Posts: 2529
Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2006 3:51 pm
Location: Scottish West Coast

Re: Skirts worn with a corset

Post by Big and Bashful »

I don't have a waistline, I do however have an equator! 44 inches (on a good day) is a lot of corset!
I am the God of Hellfire! and I bring you truffles!
Post Reply