My kaftan

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.
Uncle Al

Re: My kaftan

Post by Uncle Al »

Hi Ron, it's good to read you again :!: :D

Uncle Al
:mrgreen: :ugeek: :mrgreen:
Kilted Organist/Musician
Grand Musician of the Grand Lodge, I.O.O.F. of Texas 2008-2009, 2015-2016,
2018-202 ? (and the beat goes on ;) )
When asked 'Why the Kilt?'
I respond-The why is F.T.H.O.I. (For The H--- Of It)
Ron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Ron »

I am still here and I am still wearing kaftans/thobes
in fact kaftans are all I wear now
STEVIE wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 8:10 am Hi FFA

Great look and the print/weave options are pretty endless too.
There was a member a while back who used to have a fairly spectacular take on kaftans. If my memory serves correctly, his name was Ron.
As a dress, the main advantage of the kaftan is the actual lack of shaping. Perfect for any body shape or gender in my opinion.
Tee shirt dresses are probably the nearest modern western design equivalent. I have a plain grey one which is real good in hot weather which we don't see too often in my part of the world.
Kaftans, I may revisit as they were a fashion item from my youth in the seventies.
Thanks.
Steve.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Ron »

JohnH
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JohnH »

Freedomforall wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 10:43 pm Today was the first day I wore my kaftan out. We went to the grocery store. I was surprised that I had less odd looks wearing it than with a skirt. I have been letting my hair grow as well.
I don't.wear denim skirts anymore as no-one wears a denim skirts with T shirts. On the other hand there are plenty of women who wear dresses. So I wear dresses instead. I look enough like a woman with my figure and shoulder length hair so I don't stand out.

John