Unexpected bonus of wearing nail varnish....

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.
howardfh
Member Extraordinaire

Unexpected bonus of wearing nail varnish....

Post by howardfh »

...it stops me biting my nails!! :thumright:

I'm terrible - I would chew down to the bone if I could, but nail varnish stops me in my tracks due to the taste (yuk) and fully-grown nails are better for varnish than short stubby ones!!
nzfreestyler
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Unexpected bonus of wearing nail varnish....

Post by nzfreestyler »

That is true. I admit I go through phases of biting my nails. I would wear acrylic nails if I could but for what I do acrylic nails are not good for typing or working on some system setups - small fiddly wiring assemblies, peripherals etc - salon nails - and I mean salon length are a bit too long. That would be my choice in a perfect world. But with acrylics - well I just can't bite - and they are good because you get them backfilled and recoloured every week or two. They do get longer so they can become quite long. It does make getting dressed a little trickier if you haven't worn acrylic nails for a while - and then you come home with a set!

Do you get a Pedicure too? I almost always have my pedicure maintained because I do wear a lot of peep toes in summer and I need my toes varnished. The range of polish colours is just awesome now.

NZF
howardfh
Member Extraordinaire

Post by howardfh »

nzfreestyler wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 11:34 am

Do you get a Pedicure too?

NZF
No!
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

howardfh wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 2:20 pm
nzfreestyler wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 11:34 am Do you get a Pedicure too? NZF
No!
Wow you don't know what you are missing!! I just love getting pedicures, they make my feet feel good. Just having the nail tech massaging my feet and lower legs brings a feeling of well being to me. Then when it is completed I feel better both mentally and physically. I always got polish in my favorite color OPI Coney Island Cotton Candy. It is a very discrete color 1 coat is almost totally invisible, 2 coats barely visible but not obvious, 3 coats a little more visible but still requires a hard look.
Next time you visit the nail tech go ahead and get a pedi you will not regret it.
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
nzfreestyler
Member Extraordinaire

Post by nzfreestyler »

Fred in Skirts wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:34 pm I always got polish in my favorite color OPI Coney Island Cotton Candy.
Is that a pale pink/dusty pink colour? I usually wear deeper reds, bright pinks and blacks on my toes. I would wear lighter colours with open strappy sandals - but with a peep toe pump/slingback I prefer a bolder colour statement on my toes that get to peep out.

I usually wear OPI polishes - they are good quality and in most salons here. I wear Infinite Shine colours - 'Girl without Limits' and 'Raisin the Bar' are my 2 goto colours for my toes.

NZF
nzfreestyler
Member Extraordinaire

Post by nzfreestyler »

here's a pic
OPI Infinite Shine - 'Raisin the Bar. (I don't know why they just don't say Burgundy)