Wearing high heels

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.
beachlion
Member Extraordinaire
Location: 65 year The Hague, The Netherlands, then Allentown, PA, USA

Re: Wearing high heels

Post by beachlion »

The Netherlands have very strict weapon laws. I don't believe you will be allowed on public streets without a license with those heels. ;)
All progress takes place outside the comfort zone - M J Bobak

nzfreestyler
Member Extraordinaire

Post by nzfreestyler »

JeffB1959 wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 9:31 pm
In a word....WOW! It’s not every day I see snakeskin, and those pumps are absolutely gorgeous! In fact, they’re too beautiful to pair with jeans, shoes like those beg to be worn with a skirt, perhaps a tight leather skirt or a bodycon dress, both of which I’m sure you could make work.
yeh - good point JeffB. perhaps a tan/beige leather skirt. I have one of those.

cheers
NZF

nzfreestyler
Member Extraordinaire

Post by nzfreestyler »

beachlion wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 10:46 pm
The Netherlands have very strict weapon laws. I don't believe you will be allowed on public streets without a license with those heels. ;)
ha ha ha Beachlion - they're not that bad !!! Sure they are a bit extreme - but I think they're more styley than extreme.
But perhaps I have extreme tastes too....

mind you - on some pavements stilettos are a little fiddly to wear compared to normal shoes - so perhaps a license to operate your shoes is required in that sense too!?

cheers
NZF

JeffB1959
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JeffB1959 »

The only problem I see with heels like those are getting them caught in those tiny gaps in the pavement. I’ve had that happen more than once.
I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman.

nzfreestyler
Member Extraordinaire

Post by nzfreestyler »

Hi JeffB,

yep it is a risk, but after years in stilettos I can say its a sixth sense and I can navigate footpaths and can judge just wear my heel is going to go pretty well without really thinking about it. I also take the routes of best pavement etc - even if it longer - because I am in heels. Just goes with the territory - but its like a second nature.

Theres very little that can't be done in heels.

cheers
NZF

JeffB1959
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JeffB1959 »

nzfreestyler wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 2:37 am
Hi JeffB,

yep it is a risk, but after years in stilettos I can say its a sixth sense and I can navigate footpaths and can judge just wear my heel is going to go pretty well without really thinking about it. I also take the routes of best pavement etc - even if it longer - because I am in heels. Just goes with the territory - but its like a second nature.

Theres very little that can't be done in heels.

cheers
NZF
Hey, if you say it’s so, then I believe it! That’s all part of the fun of wearing heels!
I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman.

shadowfax
Member Extraordinaire

Post by shadowfax »

To go back to the original question in this thread, asking how many of us here, wear high heels.

I always wear high heels of around 3 1/2" to 4" in height when I am wearing my skirts and tights (pantihose).

Usually the shoes have block heels as the pavements here in the UK, as others have commented, are often uneven.
I find that I can drive a car when using block heels too.

I prefer my shoes to have straps like the patent Mary Jane shoes pictured below. My current favourite high heels.

FnF_Sensitive_Sole_Patent_Mary_Jane_Court_Shoes.jpg

I'm not particularly tall so I guess that wearing 3 1/2" to 4" heels gives me a bit more confidence when out skirted and it also helps me to reach objects on higher shelves when shopping. :)

I used to wear some lower height block heels when I wore a utility kilt but since moving over to skirts, the shorter heels have been consigned to the back of the wardrobe. :wink:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.