Wearing high heels

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.
beachlion
Member Extraordinaire
Location: 65 year The Hague, The Netherlands, then Allentown, PA, USA

Re: Wearing high heels

Post by beachlion »

The Netherlands have very strict weapon laws. I don't believe you will be allowed on public streets without a license with those heels. ;)
All progress takes place outside the comfort zone - M J Bobak
nzfreestyler
Member Extraordinaire

Post by nzfreestyler »

JeffB1959 wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 9:31 pm In a word....WOW! It’s not every day I see snakeskin, and those pumps are absolutely gorgeous! In fact, they’re too beautiful to pair with jeans, shoes like those beg to be worn with a skirt, perhaps a tight leather skirt or a bodycon dress, both of which I’m sure you could make work.
yeh - good point JeffB. perhaps a tan/beige leather skirt. I have one of those.

cheers
NZF
nzfreestyler
Member Extraordinaire

Post by nzfreestyler »

beachlion wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 10:46 pm The Netherlands have very strict weapon laws. I don't believe you will be allowed on public streets without a license with those heels. ;)
ha ha ha Beachlion - they're not that bad !!! Sure they are a bit extreme - but I think they're more styley than extreme.
But perhaps I have extreme tastes too....

mind you - on some pavements stilettos are a little fiddly to wear compared to normal shoes - so perhaps a license to operate your shoes is required in that sense too!?

cheers
NZF
JeffB1959
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JeffB1959 »

The only problem I see with heels like those are getting them caught in those tiny gaps in the pavement. I’ve had that happen more than once.
I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman.
nzfreestyler
Member Extraordinaire

Post by nzfreestyler »

Hi JeffB,

yep it is a risk, but after years in stilettos I can say its a sixth sense and I can navigate footpaths and can judge just wear my heel is going to go pretty well without really thinking about it. I also take the routes of best pavement etc - even if it longer - because I am in heels. Just goes with the territory - but its like a second nature.

Theres very little that can't be done in heels.

cheers
NZF
JeffB1959
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JeffB1959 »

nzfreestyler wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 2:37 am Hi JeffB,

yep it is a risk, but after years in stilettos I can say its a sixth sense and I can navigate footpaths and can judge just wear my heel is going to go pretty well without really thinking about it. I also take the routes of best pavement etc - even if it longer - because I am in heels. Just goes with the territory - but its like a second nature.

Theres very little that can't be done in heels.

cheers
NZF
Hey, if you say it’s so, then I believe it! That’s all part of the fun of wearing heels!
I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman.
shadowfax
Member Extraordinaire

Post by shadowfax »

To go back to the original question in this thread, asking how many of us here, wear high heels.

I always wear high heels of around 3 1/2" to 4" in height when I am wearing my skirts and tights (pantihose).

Usually the shoes have block heels as the pavements here in the UK, as others have commented, are often uneven.
I find that I can drive a car when using block heels too.

I prefer my shoes to have straps like the patent Mary Jane shoes pictured below. My current favourite high heels.

FnF_Sensitive_Sole_Patent_Mary_Jane_Court_Shoes.jpg

I'm not particularly tall so I guess that wearing 3 1/2" to 4" heels gives me a bit more confidence when out skirted and it also helps me to reach objects on higher shelves when shopping. :)

I used to wear some lower height block heels when I wore a utility kilt but since moving over to skirts, the shorter heels have been consigned to the back of the wardrobe. :wink:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
steamman

Post by steamman »

I think what heels you wear depends on your experience with them and confidence. It's very important that when you walk out the door wearing heels, you are 100% confident and proficient at walking in them! Practice, practice, practice. Personally, I am happy to wear block heels, wedges or stilettos and the latter I find very sexy just like women do! Boots are my total preference as they give you more support and can be worn with a variety of skirt lengths. I just bought myself a pair of Giaro knee boots www.giarohighheels.com and they are stunning. Most of their styles have very high heels and with platforms which is my own preference, but they also do some slightly lower heels (around 4.5"). They are very good quality boots for the price and stylish and most importantly are available to size EU 46! I've not tried their pumps or sandals, but I am sure they will be equally good.