Freestyle fashion sightings in the wild

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.
skirtyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Freestyle fashion sightings in the wild

Post by skirtyscot »

I was going to post this in the existing Sightings in the Wild thread, but it doesn't really belong there.

In Glasgow on Saturday evening, in a pub, a man in stilettos. I didn't really get a proper look at his clothes, because he had a grey men's overcoat on, but there were trousers sticking out beneath. He was definitely a man, with male face and beard. So all in all he seemed to be in normal men's clothes and stilettos.

I was in a skirt and tights, to the apparent disbelief or disapproval of a man at another table.
Keep on skirting,

Alastair
Daryl
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Freestyle fashion sightings in the wild

Post by Daryl »

skirtyscot wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 12:22 am I was going to post this in the existing Sightings in the Wild thread, but it doesn't really belong there.

In Glasgow on Saturday evening, in a pub, a man in stilettos. I didn't really get a proper look at his clothes, because he had a grey men's overcoat on, but there were trousers sticking out beneath. He was definitely a man, with male face and beard. So all in all he seemed to be in normal men's clothes and stilettos.

I was in a skirt and tights, to the apparent disbelief or disapproval of a man at another table.
I could see just choosing to wear stilettos with otherwise manly garb. Of course, maybe he'd made a bet and was intent on winning.
Daryl...
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Post by r.m.anderson »

Ah ha the ole bet - "Walking a mile in her shoes" !
Best be on level pavement and not cobblestones !
Don't even consider running unless your medical insurance covers this.
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !
jjjjohanne

Post by jjjjohanne »

I have finally seen a man in a skirt in public. When I first saw him, he was in the aisle and I was among the clothing racks. I just noticed that his shirt was boldly patterned in a more feminine way. It was white and had small leaves and flowers on it. I did not think much of the clothing, except that it expressed a boldness in his personality. I did not perceive it as women's wear. I saw him later talking to an employee at a counter. Someone was between us. As I was walking, I saw that his cut-off blue jean shorts were actually a skirt. He was bare-legged and had on plain sneakers.

He finished up and started walking back down the aisle that I was walking up. He had seemed confident so far. Then he saw me and I sensed some discomfort. I was in men's wear. I assume he thought that this big, tall, manly dude wouldn't understand. He never looked at me and messed with his phone. I softly said, "Hi there," as we passed and a second later, "me too." But, he was too far away to hear it...

(Unrelated) Then, later while I was driving, I saw a woman walking down the side of the street wearing pants and a bra. It was an unusual day for me!
pelmut
Member Extraordinaire

Post by pelmut »

jjjjohanne wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:26 am (Unrelated) Then, later while I was driving, I saw a woman walking down the side of the street wearing pants and a bra. It was an unusual day for me!
Don't they usually?
There is no such thing as a normal person, only someone you don't know very well yet.
Spirou003
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Spirou003 »

pelmut wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 2:02 pm
jjjjohanne wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:26 am (Unrelated) Then, later while I was driving, I saw a woman walking down the side of the street wearing pants and a bra. It was an unusual day for me!
Don't they usually?
If she had nothing else for the upper body, not :D

Sad that you had apparently afraid (*) him, however, and that he didn't heard you. But that's a proof we're not alone in the world! :)

(*) "Afraid" is a bit a too strong word but I don't have courage to look after a better one, sorry
jjjjohanne

Post by jjjjohanne »

pelmut wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 2:02 pm
Don't they usually?
Pardon me, I was not clear. She was wearing nothing but a bra up top. She was not a young, busty woman flaunting her beauty. She was at least fifty and appeared to have lived a hard life. So unusual! Of course, there's a Seinfeld episode for this...and it immediately came to mind.
pelmut
Member Extraordinaire

Post by pelmut »

jjjjohanne wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 12:29 pm Pardon me, I was not clear. ...
I understood your meaning, but thought the potential for deliberate misunderstanding was too good to miss.
There is no such thing as a normal person, only someone you don't know very well yet.