Féminine outfit but not skirt

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.
Hope
Distinguished Member

Féminine outfit but not skirt

Post by Hope »

Though I have a lot of skirts and love to wear them, I also like to wear other feminine clothes

denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Féminine outfit but not skirt

Post by denimini »

You will find many here who do the same for reasons of greater choice of colour, style and fitting.
You seem to like a formal, business like style and look balanced and natural.

I like womens tops because they are often a finer and cooler material, also being shorter which is more compatible with a mini skirt.
When I buy pants they are usually from the women's section because there is greater choice and a better fit for me.
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
Hope
Distinguished Member

Post by Hope »

I agree with you about colors and materials, Women's clothing uses more elastane and fit better.

For the top, it's not so easy to find the good shape, as I have larger shoulders than women and less breath 😭
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

I'm totally with you on the feminine stuff. Though I'm not opposed to wearing some cool women's pants or "skinny jeans", I'm afraid my Buddha belly combined with my otherwise skinny legs make the outfit look wrong on me.

The pants that look "right" on me are more baggy, and tend to be men's pants as most women's pants are a more tight fit.

I tried on a pair of women's skinny jeans at a goodwill once. As I observed the look from my feet upward I was impressed... then I got to the waist and *sound the buzzer*

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
phathack
Member Extraordinaire

Post by phathack »

AT this point I guess 90% of my wardrobe is "Women's" clothing.
I love leggings and wear them all the time.

I'm going to dinner with the family today and the only men's item I will wear is the sport coat, everything else will be from the women's department. Ankle boots with 2" heels, women's pant & blouse. At first, I was going to wear the 3" stiletto hill boots but then thought that maybe a little too far for this outing.
oldsalt1
Member Extraordinaire

Post by oldsalt1 »

Hope Your photos seem to exemplify a very calm demeanor as a result your outfits look very normal and natural.

Welcome to the cafe
brennk

Post by brennk »

I don't wear skirts that often, but love wearing leggings and ballet flats.
20190215_221258.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Hope
Distinguished Member

Post by Hope »

Buddha belly is definitely a subject, especially if like me, you agree with Churchill: "no sport" should be my words!
I must say that I am wearing some corseteries when I wear a skirt to maintain all that in an acceptable shape!

Being calm is a part of my personality, and, as far as the people I meet doesn't belong to my close family, I don't care for what they think. It's help me a lot!

I'm not very keen on flats, except for knee boots. I would definitely prefer a 3" stiletto, but I do understand that it is important to be "acceptable" for family!

Many thanks for your messages
Kilted Musician
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kilted Musician »

Last edited by Kilted Musician on Sat Nov 30, 2019 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Daryl
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Daryl »

Hope wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 6:37 am I agree with you about colors and materials, Women's clothing uses more elastane and fit better.
For the top, it's not so easy to find the good shape, as I have larger shoulders than women and less breath 😭
I find the exact opposite. Perhaps this is because I shop in women's plus sizes, and they are cut differently in a way that often suits men as well. Basically, if they leave a pocket for, or frame something men don't have, they look oddly designed on a man. Many don't do that though and rather just leave enough room in general for large folks, and the inverted triangle that is the male upper fits that just fine too.

Colours and materials, though, wow. It feels like liberation to shop for new tops to wear (either that or addiction). Styles also. One can't find a sleeveless men's shirt except for sad looking knit things, but nicely finished sleeveless shirts with buttons and sometimes even pockets are abundant in womens wear.
Daryl...
Hope
Distinguished Member

Post by Hope »

I don't know exactly why, but I have some difficulties to find my style in the +sized women brands. I like fitted clothes and they are usually more loose.
I totally agree with you for shirts, when I'm lucky enough to find one fitting! Thin, soft and silky materials are so addictive to wear! 👍
Daryl
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Daryl »

Hope wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 7:01 pm I don't know exactly why, but I have some difficulties to find my style in the +sized women brands. I like fitted clothes and they are usually more loose.
I totally agree with you for shirts, when I'm lucky enough to find one fitting! Thin, soft and silky materials are so addictive to wear! 👍
Your pictures suggest to me that plus sized womens wear is probably not going to do you much good, but stores that sell plus sized garments often in fact carry the same things in smaller "more normal" sizes, so it might still be worth a visit in person when a sale is on. (which is how I discovered them)
Daryl...
nzfreestyler
Member Extraordinaire

Post by nzfreestyler »

Hope wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 6:37 am I agree with you about colors and materials, Women's clothing uses more elastane and fit better.

All womens clothes are tailored big-time. I am a regular size - and (at the risk of being in trouble) - I have breasts - and I still am either too big or too small for half the tops !!!

You've gotta try before you buy and keep looking for clothing that is form-fitting!! And keep on the look out for deals.

Most menswear by comparison is like a sack and shapeless (even though it likely should be tailored!)

cheers
NZF
JeffB1959
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JeffB1959 »

It should also be noted that women's clothing features MUCH more in the way of color and patterns compared to menswear which is deathly drab and boring. And while I only wear skirts and dresses, your pictures look nice, Hope.
I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman.
algie

Post by algie »

My outfit of the day when I did some volunteering at the local food bank
It was nice to find some acceptance
EFA35E08-30E3-4F57-86B5-E721E39F4E6D.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.