AGE APPROPIATE

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Re: AGE APPROPIATE

Post by Sinned »

I think that I would prefer to drink the milk from the original container!!!! Lol
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
skirtyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtyscot »

Could I suggest that such fetishes thoughts as Jim has are subject to the same proscription as talk about underwear?
Keep on skirting,

Alastair
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

skirtyscot wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 7:26 pm Could I suggest that such fetishes thoughts as Jim has are subject to the same proscription as talk about underwear?
Are you a prude? :lol: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :hide:

No offense meant!!!!
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Jim wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:12 pmYES! Then I can indulge my adult baby fantasies! :D
Well, that image was a bit over the top...

If that stuff floats one's boat I suppose it's OK, but it's way off-topic here...
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
oldsalt1
Member Extraordinaire

Post by oldsalt1 »

Getting back on topic this is what I wore to the VA clinic today
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jim
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Jim »

crfriend wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 12:23 am
Jim wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:12 pmYES! Then I can indulge my adult baby fantasies! :D
Well, that image was a bit over the top...

If that stuff floats one's boat I suppose it's OK, but it's way off-topic here...
Just a joke! I agree it is well off-topic.
melsav
Member Extraordinaire

Post by melsav »

Who is it that decides what is age appropriate, is it the younger people that don`t want to be outshined by an old person that may look better than them or is it the older people that are like sheep and wear what they are told to wear by society and dont have the guts to wear what thay want when they want? I agree with moonshadow one should wear what is body type appropriate. I have seen many older ladies that rock mini skirts and also many of the guys on this forum also rock mini skirts.
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

WHO may I ask has the authority to tell you what to wear??
One: Your wife or mate.

Two: Your boss but only on the job.

Three: No one else!

So why do we all worry about what is "AGE APPROPRIATE"?

Wear what you enjoy wearing and to the devil with the worry. If you like it wear it!!

We as men must be men in skirts and not worry about what others think! We all have different body shapes and sizes so what looks good on you may not look good on me and so forth. I do not have the legs and thighs for mini skirts but others here do and it looks good on them. Lets all just enjoy what we like and wear it.

Fred
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Fred in Skirts wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 7:34 pmWHO may I ask has the authority to tell you what to wear??
I'm beginning to think that notion is rather suspect. Why should they have "authority"? This is a too-frequent lament from guys regarding the behaviour of their wives or significant others. If there is no observable and demonstrable harm from something, suppressing that something is nothing more than control behaviour.
Only when you're (1) on the clock and (2) on premises or in the company of clients. At no other point is this argument valid.
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

OS1,
The bit of shank I can see is not bad for a 74-year-old.

Tom
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
Daryl
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Daryl »

crfriend wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 7:45 pm
Fred in Skirts wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 7:34 pmWHO may I ask has the authority to tell you what to wear??
I'm beginning to think that notion is rather suspect. Why should they have "authority"? This is a too-frequent lament from guys regarding the behaviour of their wives or significant others. If there is no observable and demonstrable harm from something, suppressing that something is nothing more than control behaviour.
Only when you're (1) on the clock and (2) on premises or in the company of clients. At no other point is this argument valid.
What qualifies as "observable and demonstrable harm"? In otherwise healthy relationships the mere impulse to suddenly control a thing (like our attire) is evidence of pain. Isn't adding qualifications to what makes that pain valid just an attempt to do an end-run around that problem?

And now we discover that even things people say in their Twitter feeds are not protected from the reactions of their employers, because employers find that our private behaviours can reflect on them even when we aren't "on the clock". To be honest, if I knew that someone dressed as Ronald McDonald covered in feces when not on the job, I'd probably not hire him.

Logical analysis through the lens of rights and authority is not going to be much comfort. Whether we intend to or not, we are expanding our limits by actively asserting them, not by merely reasoning to them logically.
Daryl...
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Daryl wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 8:37 amWhat qualifies as "observable and demonstrable harm"? In otherwise healthy relationships the mere impulse to suddenly control a thing (like our attire) is evidence of pain. Isn't adding qualifications to what makes that pain valid just an attempt to do an end-run around that problem?
I'll not deny that pain is an issue, but is it that way all the time. Sometimes control is just that -- control -- and it can be exerted for the simple reason that somebody wants to assert it.

My notion of "observable and demonstrable harm" was specifically aimed at a harmless behaviour that will have no negative consequence for a partner, e.g. in this case skirt-wearing by the guy. That this may cause pain for the female partner is honest enough, and we need to be sensitive to that, but it's not a reason for the woman to mentally abuse the man over the matter.
Whether we intend to or not, we are expanding our limits by actively asserting them, not by merely reasoning to them logically.
Do not think that has escaped my grasp. If we fail to assert we lose the right to do so -- worse is that we have actively ceded it.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

Daryl wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 8:37 am To be honest, if I knew that someone dressed as Ronald McDonald covered in feces when not on the job, I'd probably not hire him.
Ahh, but if our clown friend did this behind closed doors and never in public, how would you know the difference?

Clowns rolling around in feces is a bit of an extreme example, however, I think just about everyone has their "kinks"... habits they might not tell their mothers, unless she's in on it too (and believe me that's not such a radical notion in my neck of the woods)

Seriously, considering the American work ethic, if you can pass a drug test and show up for work on time and sober, you won't go hungry. Bonus points if you have a driver's license!

As for bossy spouses, my wife respects me and I respect her. She's not afraid of me or vice versa. Even my own boss is amazed at the fact that when Jenn calls me while I'm working I silence the phone and finish my task. He says with a concerned look on his face... "da....don't you need to get that??"

"No, I'll call her back when it's appropriate..."

"Wont she fuss?"

"No, she knows I'm at work."

Apparently most other men are terrified of letting the wife go to voicemail. Apparently most men are terrifed of their wives... f--- that. You should never live in fear of someone who supposedly loves you... that's not a marriage, that's a religion... :wink:

Sorry... I couldn't resist.
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

moonshadow wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 5:51 pmApparently most other men are terrified of letting the wife go to voicemail. Apparently most men are terrifed of their wives... f--- that. You should never live in fear of someone who supposedly loves you... that's not a marriage, that's a religion... :wink:
Do I hear an AMEN? Everyone say pwase the lawd!
:lol: :wink: :wink:
Daryl
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Daryl »

moonshadow wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 5:51 pm
Daryl wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 8:37 am To be honest, if I knew that someone dressed as Ronald McDonald covered in feces when not on the job, I'd probably not hire him.
Ahh, but if our clown friend did this behind closed doors and never in public, how would you know the difference?
If he told me about it. Merely thinking that I should know something like that would be enough for me to not hire him. Now if I found out about it by pure chance, like the side fell off his building while I was walking by and there he was, I'd think "he's entitled to be weird" and let it go, but honestly I can't be sure that it wouldn't subconsciously colour my perceptions a little.
moonshadow wrote:As for bossy spouses, my wife respects me and I respect her. She's not afraid of me or vice versa. Even my own boss is amazed at the fact that when Jenn calls me while I'm working I silence the phone and finish my task. He says with a concerned look on his face... "da....don't you need to get that??"
"No, I'll call her back when it's appropriate..."
"Wont she fuss?"
"No, she knows I'm at work."
Apparently most other men are terrified of letting the wife go to voicemail. Apparently most men are terrifed of their wives... f--- that. You should never live in fear of someone who supposedly loves you... that's not a marriage, that's a religion... :wink:
I noticed. :wink:

You and I are both blessed with great wives. Mine is upfront with me when I go outside of her comfort zone. I never consider it "controlling" even though I am sure that by informing me of her discomfort she expects me to at least take her feelings into account in some way. It's always when I myself feel I am pressing the limits anyway.

The men I feel sorry for are the ones for whom any escape from the man-box will come as a total surprise :shock: to their spouse. My wife knew from the beginning that I was experimental in every way, and we had a truly diverse group of common acquaintances. My only advice is to not get married or have children if you have kept secrets (usually to enhance your dating/mating prospects). Start out with a lie and the rewards are painful. No amount of "rights" logic can get around that.
Daryl...