Comfy

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.
Jetblasted
Active Member
Posts: 87
Joined: Sat Sep 19, 2015 5:19 pm

Comfy

Post by Jetblasted »

My wife is away for a few days & I got the urge to dress. Although I tend to shy away from girly things, I love the way this feels. I love the way my ass looks more better, but I settled on a grey pull over top and my black skirt. She’s gonna wonder why it smells like Cuban cigars when she gets home, but oh well. Haha
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

rivanho
Junior Member
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Sep 22, 2019 2:31 pm
Location: Ghent - Belgium

Re: Comfy

Post by rivanho »

I'm very fortunate because my wife accepts my needs to dress in a skirt or a dress. Like you i also tend to shy away from girly things, but like you i love the way this feels.
My ass also looks better in skirt or dress and sometimes i even put on padded undies with a filling (butt enhancer). I'm not a complete crossdresser as i stay away from wigs, make-up and high heels.
But wearing skirts and dresses is a great feeling and some fit better with some padded undergarments, so at first it was pure curiusity, now i wear these regularly.
I never go out in the open in dresses but almost on a daily base in skirts for shopping and walking the dog. Outdoors i limit myself to denim skirts. Inside it can be all kinds of skirts.

User avatar
JohnH
Member Extraordinaire
Posts: 870
Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:46 am
Location: Irving, Texas USA

Re: Comfy

Post by JohnH »

I like to wear dresses around the house. With my sort of long hair and a caboose behind I don't need a wig nor any padding on my behind.

Out of respect for my wife I wear conventional clothes publicly except when I walk about my yard. But if I'm on my own I would add heels and earrings. I look a lot like a genetic woman but I am able to sing second bass for Rachmaninoff's choral works so I don't exactly have a feminine voice.

John
Last edited by JohnH on Fri Oct 04, 2019 5:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Anetta
Junior Member
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Oct 01, 2019 6:59 pm

Re: Comfy

Post by Anetta »

Jetblasted wrote:My wife is away for a few days & I got the urge to dress. Although I tend to shy away from girly things, I love the way this feels. I love the way my ass looks more better, but I settled on a grey pull over top and my black skirt. She’s gonna wonder why it smells like Cuban cigars when she gets home, but oh well. Haha
So nice!

partlyscot
Member Extraordinaire
Posts: 816
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:05 pm

Re: Comfy

Post by partlyscot »

I like the way some skirts and dresses look on me, and while I'm not averse to exaggerating some aspects, I try not to make a feminine silhouette. I think I'd enjoy actual crossdressing, if, I could make an attractive and believable woman. When I think about why that may be so, I've come to the conclusion it's because of a desire to look sexy and physically attractive, but for guys that generally isn't done, so the flip to female to make it "permissible" Does that make sense? I'm constantly trying to find a look that gives that result, in a male format, but I keep running into resistance from my own visual preconceptions.

Jetblasted
Active Member
Posts: 87
Joined: Sat Sep 19, 2015 5:19 pm

Re: Comfy

Post by Jetblasted »

This is a bamboo viscose fabric that’s ultra soft & smooth. I have a nightgown of the same fabric. I love the way my ass looks now, but that’s due to the herbal estrogens I’ve been taking for the last many years. I’m really a more outdoorsman, myself, and I hope to increase my collection of kilts. I know those things are at odds with each other, but a lifetime of outdoor activities doesn’t go away easily, just because I’m turning towards the softer things in life. I came “this close” to wearing a skirt downtown today, but as I move ever so slowly to going public, I wore this fun T-shirt out today, with a little extra padding to go with it. I thought some of our Southern US members would get a kick out of it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire
Posts: 4924
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2015 1:58 am
Location: Appalachian Mountains (VA)
Contact:

Re: Comfy

Post by moonshadow »

You know, threads like this just make me think sometimes....

Despite the fact that people like myself very seldom (if ever) see other men wearing skirts out and about, we just don't know how many do it behind closed doors, and many of these men may strike us as being quite masculine in the public square and otherwise would be someone that we would least expect of wearing a skirt, or even a pretty dress, much less taking estrogens.

I ain't judgin'. We all have our own lives to live, and in fact, I suspect this is a big reason why people don't raid my home with torches and pitchforks. Because a good many of them (men), if they aren't already secretly dressing... they probably wish they could! :mrgreen:

I personally have zero desire to physically alter my body to accommodate my wardrobe, again, not knocking those who do, it's just not my thing. In fact, I rather enjoy the challenge of trying to find a top or a dress (or lately a coat) that accommodates my own body style... as it is. However, while I may not have any interest in actually imitating the physical characteristics of the female sex (e.g. breast and hips), I have no issue stating my love for all things feminine, and NOT just in clothing, but in other matters, such as flowers, sunsets, crying at sappy movies, and generally letting my emotions have their time (I don't bottle them up). Now I'm not going around prancing about, skipping, hiking my voice, or trying to sound like a "flamer", when I conduct myself, I do so with a regular guy voice, with regular "guy mannerisms", I'm just not afraid to hold a dress against me and say "ohh... this looks pretty!"

Yes... it is a juxtaposition. :lol:

In other words, I'm not trying to be a woman... just a liberated man.
-Moon Shadow
"How do you propose to control me when you can't even control yourself?"

User avatar
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire
Posts: 4924
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2015 1:58 am
Location: Appalachian Mountains (VA)
Contact:

Re: Comfy

Post by moonshadow »

partlyscot wrote:I like the way some skirts and dresses look on me, and while I'm not averse to exaggerating some aspects, I try not to make a feminine silhouette. I think I'd enjoy actual crossdressing, if, I could make an attractive and believable woman. When I think about why that may be so, I've come to the conclusion it's because of a desire to look sexy and physically attractive, but for guys that generally isn't done, so the flip to female to make it "permissible" Does that make sense? I'm constantly trying to find a look that gives that result, in a male format, but I keep running into resistance from my own visual preconceptions.
I think if I lost a little belly fat, maybe a couple of inches at least, if I wanted to attempt to "pass", I could probably manage it. A good clean shave, plenty of makeup to hide the five o-clock shadow, eyeliner, eyeshadow, mascara, etc. Finally a pretty hair piece (a wig), and I think I could pull it off, minus the fact that my hands are a little tattered from years and years of turning wrenches for a living. But from a distance...? I think so. Mom thinks I'd make an ugly woman. I disagree, I've just never attempted to be a "pretty woman", I've only ever endeavored to be... me.

But.... that's not Moon Shadow. It might be fun for a Halloween party, or some other event where it would be expected, but it doesn't suit my "soul" to live my life that way.

And I admit, I would be nervous as hell if I tried to use a public restroom in full blown "crossdressing" mode.
-Moon Shadow
"How do you propose to control me when you can't even control yourself?"

User avatar
Chirp
Active Member
Posts: 71
Joined: Wed Apr 24, 2019 4:02 am
Location: Ont Canada

Re: Comfy

Post by Chirp »

Can't argue with Comfy,.

My new goal is to wear what is comfy and works for me,
Don't care what other people think. As along as i'm ok that all that maters
No one mess's with a big guy in kilt

new2skirts
Member Extraordinaire
Posts: 416
Joined: Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:33 pm

Re: Comfy

Post by new2skirts »

rivanho wrote:I'm very fortunate because my wife accepts my needs to dress in a skirt or a dress. Like you i also tend to shy away from girly things, but like you i love the way this feels.
My ass also looks better in skirt or dress and sometimes i even put on padded undies with a filling (butt enhancer). I'm not a complete crossdresser as i stay away from wigs, make-up and high heels.
But wearing skirts and dresses is a great feeling and some fit better with some padded undergarments, so at first it was pure curiusity, now i wear these regularly.
I never go out in the open in dresses but almost on a daily base in skirts for shopping and walking the dog. Outdoors i limit myself to denim skirts. Inside it can be all kinds of skirts.
I have been looking for underwear to enhance my rear and give my hips a bit more fullness but have drawn a blank. Some of my skirts look a little baggy as I don't quite have the feminine curves to fill them out correctly. I guess I need to get back onto ebay and look around...
Formerly Kilty / Joe Public etc...

new2skirts
Member Extraordinaire
Posts: 416
Joined: Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:33 pm

Re: Comfy

Post by new2skirts »

Jetblasted wrote:My wife is away for a few days & I got the urge to dress. Although I tend to shy away from girly things, I love the way this feels. I love the way my ass looks more better, but I settled on a grey pull over top and my black skirt. She’s gonna wonder why it smells like Cuban cigars when she gets home, but oh well. Haha
Your ass looks fabulous, and I'm jealous! What a figure ♡♡♡
Formerly Kilty / Joe Public etc...

User avatar
JohnH
Member Extraordinaire
Posts: 870
Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:46 am
Location: Irving, Texas USA

Re: Comfy

Post by JohnH »

moonshadow wrote: And I admit, I would be nervous as hell if I tried to use a public restroom in full blown "crossdressing" mode.
On one Halloween I was in full crossdressing mode (I look a lot like a genetic woman no matter what I wear) and used the men's restroom with no problems. I stood at a urinal, lifted the hem of the dress, and took a leak. I also talked to another man next to me.

John

User avatar
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire
Posts: 2101
Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2004 6:25 pm
Location: Bloomington MN USA

Re: Comfy

Post by r.m.anderson »

JohnH wrote:
moonshadow wrote: And I admit, I would be nervous as hell if I tried to use a public restroom in full blown "crossdressing" mode.
On one Halloween I was in full crossdressing mode (I look a lot like a genetic woman no matter what I wear) and used the men's restroom with no problems. I stood at a urinal, lifted the hem of the dress, and took a leak. I also talked to another man next to me.

John
Reminds me of a scene in the movie CABARET - an Xdressed performer walks in and uses the urinal leaving the person viewing it speechless (maybe pissless) ! LOL !
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !

User avatar
Pdxfashionpioneer
Member Extraordinaire
Posts: 1340
Joined: Sun Oct 25, 2015 6:39 am
Location: Portland, OR, USA

Re: Comfy

Post by Pdxfashionpioneer »

Hello Jetblasted,

Wearing your wife's clothes behind her back is NOT cool.

You say you have been taking herbal estrogen for years and clearly you have developed a figure. Unless the estrogen is for a medical condition, there is no way she has not noticed all of this.

That being the case, I suggest you come clean. It sounds like you haven't bought any womenswear of your own so you could probably get away with the approach of, "With all of the changes my supplements have been causing, I've gotten to wonder what it would feel like to wear a dress. Would it be alright if … "

If you're both the same size she may very well share her wardrobe with you on an ongoing basis, but that would only be with her permission. And when you start buying things, you HAVE to reciprocate.

Otherwise, nice dress!
David, the PDX Fashion Pioneer

Social norms aren't changed by Congress or Parliament; they're changed by a sufficient number of people ignoring the existing ones and publicly practicing new ones.

weeladdie18
Member Extraordinaire
Posts: 1474
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2018 3:17 pm

Re: Comfy

Post by weeladdie18 »

Chirp wrote:Can't argue with Comfy,.

My new goal is to wear what is comfy and works for me,
Don't care what other people think. As along as i'm ok that all that maters
I had to go out in trousers last night . When I was driving home I thought how uncomfortable this garment felt.... When I drive home on these
cold wet evenings I am usually wearing a skirt with bare legs , so I can turn the car heater up to feel warm and comfy .

Post Reply