Feeling Pretty

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Feeling Pretty

Post by dillon »

I can find many things to be “pretty” but only a few of those images “arousing.”
As a matter of fact, the sun DOES shine out of my ...
Daryl
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Daryl »

dillon wrote:I can find many things to be “pretty” but only a few of those images “arousing.”
See, that's how they get ya. They reels ya in closer with the pretty stuff then they strike and snag ya with the arousing stuff. It all makes perfect scents.
Daryl...
hackberry

Post by hackberry »

Daryl wrote:
> [quote="dillon"]I can find many things to be “pretty” but only a
> few of those images “arousing.”[/quote]
>
> See, that's how they get ya. They reels ya in closer with the pretty stuff
> then they strike and snag ya with the arousing stuff. It all makes perfect
> scents.
Scents as in olfactory. Yeah, could be. Perfume worn properly would require you to be reeled in close.👍
Epiceneguy
Distinguished Member

Post by Epiceneguy »

I think I can look 'good' but pretty sure (sorry about the pun) that I'll never really look pretty, I'm quite masculine to look at even though I enjoy feminine things and I think I can look good in feminine clothing but not pretty and I'm okay with this :D
When life gives you lemons, slice them and put them into your G&T!
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

Epiceneguy wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 4:20 pm I think I can look 'good' but pretty sure (sorry about the pun) that I'll never really look pretty, I'm quite masculine to look at even though I enjoy feminine things and I think I can look good in feminine clothing but not pretty and I'm okay with this :D
When I see people being themselves, free as the wind, and enjoying life, smiling, happy, and joyous, I see beauty.
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

moonshadow wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 6:30 pmWhen I see people being themselves, free as the wind, and enjoying life, smiling, happy, and joyous, I see beauty.
Masculinity and beauty are not contradictory notions; they can be quite compatible when things go perfectly. The sooner we realise this the better.

I've been called "beautiful" on several occasions, and I'm about as unapologetically masculine as they get. I wear it as a badge of honour.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

crfriend wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 6:47 pm
moonshadow wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 6:30 pmWhen I see people being themselves, free as the wind, and enjoying life, smiling, happy, and joyous, I see beauty.
Masculinity and beauty are not contradictory notions; they can be quite compatible when things go perfectly. The sooner we realise this the better.

I've been called "beautiful" on several occasions, and I'm about as unapologetically masculine as they get. I wear it as a badge of honour.
True, but there's just something about wearing something light and flowy on a warm spring day along a wooded trail. It just makes me feel easy going and care free, as well as somewhat "one with nature" in a manner of speaking. Listening to the wind and the wildlife, all is right with the world.
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

moonshadow wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 10:03 pm[... T]here's just something about wearing something light and flowy on a warm spring day along a wooded trail. It just makes me feel easy going and care free, as well as somewhat "one with nature" in a manner of speaking. Listening to the wind and the wildlife, all is right with the world.
Again, I posit that there is no conflict there with masculinity in that assertion. Why should the girls get all the "nice" stuff and we as men wind up with abrasives and rage?
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Dust
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Dust »

moonshadow wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 10:03 pm True, but there's just something about wearing something light and flowy on a warm spring day along a wooded trail. It just makes me feel easy going and care free, as well as somewhat "one with nature" in a manner of speaking. Listening to the wind and the wildlife, all is right with the world.
Time spent in nature, regardless of attire, can be healing.
Pdxfashionpioneer
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Pdxfashionpioneer »

I agree entirely with Moonshadow and Dust on this one.

And for the life of me do not where or how Moonshadow challenged Carl's manhood.

But sometimes I'm just not that quick on the uptake.
David, the PDX Fashion Pioneer

Social norms aren't changed by Congress or Parliament; they're changed by a sufficient number of people ignoring the existing ones and publicly practicing new ones.