men in business skirt

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.
Gusto10
Member Extraordinaire

men in business skirt

Post by Gusto10 »

Via Pinterest I found these:
https://nl.pinterest.com/tl17030/men-in ... ss-skirts/

I do think there are many wearable combinations shown.
kiltguyire

Re: men in business skirt

Post by kiltguyire »

Quite a few wearable things there
partlyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by partlyscot »

kiltguyire wrote:Quite a few wearable things there
Yes, much higher percentage of styles I could live with than usual.
Ralph
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Ralph »

Even though I work out of my apartment and nobody except my wife sees how I'm dressed, I prefer to wear business-appropriate skirts and dresses while I'm at work, then change to something more casual for evenings and weekends.

This one was my go-to skirt most of the winter, with a heavy outer wool layer and a sturdy satin lining.

Ralph!
Gusto10
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Gusto10 »

Ralph wrote:Even though I work out of my apartment and nobody except my wife sees how I'm dressed, I prefer to wear business-appropriate skirts and dresses while I'm at work, then change to something more casual for evenings and weekends.

This one was my go-to skirt most of the winter, with a heavy outer wool layer and a sturdy satin lining.

The face really does it! :lol: :D
Ralph
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Ralph »

Gusto10 wrote:The face really does it! :lol: :D
Heh. That's my Second Life avatar, designed to look as much like me as possible without being easy to uniquely identify me in "real life". Since my clothing choices are still largely private, I never post anything with my face in it. Once you post a photo anywhere on the web, you no longer have any control over where it goes or who sees it. A private photo sent to a few friends today becomes front page news tomorrow.

Which reminds me, I'm out of tinfoil and I need to add another layer to my hat.
Ralph!
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

I never bother with Pinterest as they require a login to see their site and I object to that.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
Gusto10
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Gusto10 »

Sinned wrote:I never bother with Pinterest as they require a login to see their site and I object to that.
I can sympathise with that notion, but on the other had, considering YOH's hesitance, it might ….
Gusto10
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Gusto10 »

Ralph wrote:
Gusto10 wrote:The face really does it! :lol: :D
Heh. That's my Second Life avatar, designed to look as much like me as possible without being easy to uniquely identify me in "real life". Since my clothing choices are still largely private, I never post anything with my face in it. Once you post a photo anywhere on the web, you no longer have any control over where it goes or who sees it. A private photo sent to a few friends today becomes front page news tomorrow.

Which reminds me, I'm out of tinfoil and I need to add another layer to my hat.
Tinfoil... so outdated :lol: Better get rid of your smartphone and computer first and surely the webcam. Also get a device that will "read the waves" and will counter them with half a wavelength difference...
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Gusto, there may be a load of pictures of skirted men on Pinterest but she'd never look at them. I can't even get her to read/view articles favouring men wearing skirts. Occasionally I will slip something through by leaving the picture on so that when she opens up the laptop she'll see it but she's generally not impressed. I've asked her to look at this site but as far as I know she never has.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
Ralph
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Ralph »

Gusto10 wrote:Tinfoil... so outdated :lol: Better get rid of your smartphone and computer first and surely the webcam. Also get a device that will "read the waves" and will counter them with half a wavelength difference...
First thing I do when I get a new laptop is put masking tape over the webcam!

Sinned, be careful how hard you push. The more you push back against her resistance, the more she will resist and the less likely you will sway her in the future. The key is to constantly show her through words and actions what a wonderful man you are no matter what you are wearing!
Ralph!
Dust
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Dust »

They occasionally let me see a couple pages without a login. But I too, refuse to get an account.

The images there were surprisingly good, and mostly wearable stuff. Thanks for posting! There were everything from kilts to ill-fitting women's suits on guys, with a lot of good stuff in between.

A number of the pictures showed guys with no shoes, suggesting that they never left the house in it, and don't have that part figured out. It's unfortunate but not surprising. I have trouble figuring out shoes for more formal looks as well. When guys have never worn anything formal-ish that isn't long pants that partly cover their shoes, that seems to become the toughest part too navigate.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

Ralph wrote:A private photo sent to a few friends today becomes front page news tomorrow.
It's not that bad... and I've actually been on the local news broadcast in a skirt. Six months later my life is relatively unchanged.

Once those in "my circle" got over the initial shock of what I was doing, there were some life adjustments, but nevertheless life did indeed move on.

The only one in my life that doesn't know is Dad. Hopefully that won't change, but if it does... it does. It is what it is.
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

Nice pin board. Too bad on all the blurred out faces....

Heh... how do you tell the difference between men and women online when both are wearing skirts?

Men hide their faces... women seem to be fearless....

That's why I'm not afraid to present femininely in public... because the evidence seems to indicate that women have moxie. Men are mostly chicken sh!ts....

Sorry... I know that probably offended a few, but I can't help it... blurring faces is what you do when you're under arrest or have something to be ASHAMED of! It makes what we do seem pervy...
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by dillon »

Some of those looked great. I would note that there were multiples of the same guys, and of the same outfits. The runway photos I pretty much dismissed.
As a matter of fact, the sun DOES shine out of my ...