Can skirts coexist with a belly?

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.

Re: Can skirts coexist with a belly?

Postby Denny » Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:52 pm

20190110_105302.jpg
I tried using braces with a skort (dress with shorts under it.)
I worked nicely, keeping the skirt level.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Denny

Postby crfriend » Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:05 am

Denny wrote:I tried using braces with a skort (dress with shorts under it.)
I worked nicely, keeping the skirt level.

It's an engineering problem. Just treat it so. Life's easier that way.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
crfriend
Master Barista

Postby mishawakaskirt » Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:13 am

I'm a member of the keg club also.
5 foot 7 inches and weighing 208 pounds. I have a belly. Alot depends on the size or type of skirt. Snug fixed size skirts I have to wear down at jeans height there is just not any getting around that. Unless one opts for bigger skirts. Elasticized waist skirts offer alot of flexibility. Especially a calf length skirt. I have pulled up a calf length skirt to where it's at the knees. This hides the keg very well.
I guess I'm more self conscience of showing the other male bulge below the keg. Wearing a skirt on the keg mostly eliminates it.
I think I will consider trying the suspenders as suggested, I had been contemplating giving them a go anyways.

Male kilts are specifically designed around being just above the belly button so they are perfect for covering the keg. At Ren fairs I have seen a number of men wearing them at low rider jeans height well below the keg, not flattering at all. Talk about a tilt in your kilt.

Someone mentioned dresses, they may be ok for some. I own a few, and not interested in getting more, while it's nice to wear something that just hangs from the shoulders and not chinch you at the waist. However I find them more frustrating than skirt shopping. The problem is usually with the bodice. Too snug, shoulders or sleeves are to tight. Plunging neckline. Feminine embellishments. The few I have are true diamonds in the rough finds. I know what they mean by "finding that perfect dress"
It's much easier to find a good fitting skirt or kilt. Good luck out there. And in the words of Red Green. Keep your stick on the ice.
mishawakaskirt
Member Extraordinaire

Previous

Return to Freestyle Fashions