Cuban Heels

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.
FranTastic444
Member Extraordinaire

Cuban Heels

Post by FranTastic444 »

Following on from my last post, could the Cuban heeled boot be a gateway to wearing heeled shoes that are traditionally associated with the fairer sex?

I've just ordered a pair of these from the UK. Price seems reasonable for leather - and they seem to have larger sizes in stock. $19 for US delivery also seems to be reasonable.

Shuperb

oldsalt1
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Cuban Heels

Post by oldsalt1 »

Matador boots with a Cuban heel . Only flag brothers had them. All you need now is iridescent socks with a same colored skirt.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

FranTastic444 wrote:Following on from my last post, could the Cuban heeled boot be a gateway to wearing heeled shoes that are traditionally associated with the fairer sex?
Yes, that's certainly possible, although I did it in reverse.

I started wearing 1", then 2", then 3", then 4" heels but my wife refused to be seen in public with me in any of them.

So I bought a pair of 1"-heeled Cubans, the highest Cubans I could find, and because they came in mens's sizes my wife approved.

Go figure.
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
skirtyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtyscot »

1" hardly counts as a high heel, does it? I have an ordinary pair of men's black shoes which are nearly as high as that. How can they make heels that low which are recognisably Cuban heels?
Keep on skirting,

Alastair
beachlion
Member Extraordinaire
Location: 65 year The Hague, The Netherlands, then Allentown, PA, USA

Post by beachlion »

I bought loafers with a block heel of 2". They are very comfortable but no longer available. I even did a review.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B075G ... UTF8&psc=1
All progress takes place outside the comfort zone - M J Bobak
Freedomforall
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Freedomforall »

I love Cuban heel boots. Thank you for sharing. I have been looking for a pair for a while now.
Freedomforall
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Freedomforall »

FranTastic444 wrote:Following on from my last post, could the Cuban heeled boot be a gateway to wearing heeled shoes that are traditionally associated with the fairer sex?

I've just ordered a pair of these from the UK. Price seems reasonable for leather - and they seem to have larger sizes in stock. $19 for US delivery also seems to be reasonable.

Shuperb

I just received a pair in the mail from Shuperb today. The heel is nice and the boot fits great. My only concern is the construction of the boot. The leather seems cheap. It wrinkles easily and from my experience this means that it may crack or peel soon. Has anyone ordered from them and had another experience?
Pdxfashionpioneer
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Pdxfashionpioneer »

Those Cuban heel boots look a lot like an inexpensive pair of booties I bought in the women's department of a deep discounter some time ago. So, I'd say it's a good candidate for a crossover shoe.
David, the PDX Fashion Pioneer

Social norms aren't changed by Congress or Parliament; they're changed by a sufficient number of people ignoring the existing ones and publicly practicing new ones.
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

skirtyscot wrote:1" hardly counts as a high heel, does it? I have an ordinary pair of men's black shoes which are nearly as high as that. How can they make heels that low which are recognisably Cuban heels?
I have a pair of Cuban-heel shoes I wear because my wife tolerates them when we go out together. (They came in a men's box and size.) But they're certainly a step down (sic) from the heels I usually wear.
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
FranTastic444
Member Extraordinaire

Post by FranTastic444 »

Hi FFA

Finally managed to find where the wife had hidden my new purchase (in the garage).

You are dead on about the leather wrinkling - not sure how they will hold up. The literature in the box makes it clear that there isn't a return / refund option for overseas orders, so I'm stuck with them.

I love the leather smell and I was surprised to see that they are leather soled as well. the fit around the ankle is too loose for me and they seem like they may be a half-size too big. Will try them again with some thick socks and they may be ok with jeans / trousers (but certainly will not work with skirts).

The main problem I have with them is that they are not a patch on the pair I got from Payless. They fit like a glove and I really like the look (they look great when I wear jeans). I like the fact that they have a heel and that they make my feet look so much smaller than when I wear regular shoes. The Cuban's on the other hand are very pointy and make it look like I'm wearing clown shoes. The only issue I have with the Payless shoes are that the material is man-made - my feet need leather to breathe properly. At one point DSW did something similar to the Payless shoes in leather, but they have nothing quite like it in stock in a 13 right now. I shall keep on the lookout for something suitable.

oldsalt1
Member Extraordinaire

Post by oldsalt1 »

FranTastic444 wrote:Hi FFA

I love the leather smell and I was surprised to see that they are leather soled as well. the fit around the ankle is too loose for me and they seem like they may be a half-size too big. Will try them again with some thick socks and they may be ok with jeans / trousers (but certainly will not work with skirts).
That's iridescent socks whit a same colored shirt opps I mean skirt.."' Just keeping the faith :]
Gusto10
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Gusto10 »

It seems to be a model quit common in the 60's/70's era.
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Post by r.m.anderson »

FranTastic444 wrote:Hi FFA

Finally managed to find where the wife had hidden my new purchase (in the garage).

You are dead on about the leather wrinkling - not sure how they will hold up. The literature in the box makes it clear that there isn't a return / refund option for overseas orders, so I'm stuck with them.

The main problem I have with them is that they are not a patch on the pair I got from Payless. They fit like a glove and I really like the look (they look great when I wear jeans). I like the fact that they have a heel and that they make my feet look so much smaller than when I wear regular shoes. The Cuban's on the other hand are very pointy and make it look like I'm wearing clown shoes. The only issue I have with the Payless shoes are that the material is man-made - my feet need leather to breathe properly. At one point DSW did something similar to the Payless shoes in leather, but they have nothing quite like it in stock in a 13 right now. I shall keep on the lookout for something suitable.

I have two pair of these and they are just fantastic. Yes as reported glove like fit (have to use a shoe horn to shoo them in) - the man made faux leather is not
a bother - just apply a couple of coats of my favorite Kiwi shoe polish and these should muster the winter. The Cuban heels are lined up just aft of the arch creating
a different landing pattern and those heels have the click click on tile or hardwood floors. I was also very lucky to get my two pair in a women's 12 WIDE making for
a very comfortable fit in the toe box - yes they look great in the dreaded fitted pants but make for an even better display when worn with ankle tights (it is winter
after all and frostbite on the legs is not very becoming) and any kind of short skirt or mini-kilt. It will be difficult to find these shoes now as Payless has run the course
of it sales promos bogos % off stuff. They did come in brown also and the regular width sizing. That side zip makes them a breeze to put on and fit snug although
wearing thick sox is not going to work well - better to go with medium or thin weight sox or even footed tights. These boots do have a semi padded ankle top so
they don't cut into the skin leaving welts or ripping holes in sox or ph.
Interesting how the heel slopes in under the shoe and when walking you don't come down (landing pattern) on the back of the heel rolling over to the sole front -
but the whole heel touches down gliding to the sole - and the heels have a hollow resonance creating that click click noise on pavement - sort of hard not to be
noticed wearing them. Best part overall was the price - first pair $25 and the second $18 although I had to go to two stores 6 miles apart.

HEY I just went to the Payless website and here are these boots and you can get a better deal than I did !

https://www.payless.com/womens-dexflex- ... oots-ankle
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !
weeladdie18
Member Extraordinaire

Post by weeladdie18 »

I read in the sunday press that the Persian Horsemen were the first to wear boots with heels to prevent their
footwear coming out of their stirrups.......

With the over grazing of the Argentinian Grasslands ,..............................
the Spanish cowboys moved North to Texas with their Spanish Guitars

The Cuban heeled boot became popular with the Wild West Horsemen

The Stilleto Heeled Shoe is loosing popularity with the female shoe fashion scene

So there you have the latest on the shoe fashion scene
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by dillon »

weeladdie18 wrote:I read in the sunday press that the Persian Horsemen were the first to wear boots with heels to prevent their
footwear coming out of their stirrups.......

With the over grazing of the Argentinian Grasslands ,..............................
the Spanish cowboys moved North to Texas with their Spanish Guitars

The Cuban heeled boot became popular with the Wild West Horsemen

The Stilleto Heeled Shoe is loosing popularity with the female shoe fashion scene

So there you have the latest on the shoe fashion scene
Since you’re not of the Americas, allow me to correct a couple things. Spanish vaqueros did not migrate from Argentina to Texas. People of at least partial Spanish ancestry have lived in Texas since the 1600s and Spanish explorers were traversing Texas and the eastern US since before Sir Walter Raleigh was born. But somehow the Anglo-driven history of the New World overlooked them, and even the Viking marauders like Leif Ericsson, who reached the Maritimes in thr 1300s. Second, there is a difference between the fashion Cuban heels and traditional working western boots. Third, the traditional footwear of Argentinian gauchos is the alpargata, or espadrille, though a cruder handmade version, something a gaucho would have cut and stitched for himself after curing the hide of a slaughtered cow. Just some educational points.
As a matter of fact, the sun DOES shine out of my ...