Pockets differences

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.
Coder
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Pockets differences

Post by Coder »

I think maybe I stumbled on to the reason why skirts don’t have pockets - they are too costly to sew in. Just look at this example I found:

https://www.thombrowne.com/eg/shopping/ ... t-13558526

At a mere $2,335, and with only 6 pockets. Assuming the skirt itself is a $50 skirt, that’s about $380 per pocket - Other manufacturers must be operating at a huge loss :D
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

Damn, sold out too.
I bought a mini skirt with 13 pockets for less than $20 ......... what a bargain that was.
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

Here is a mini skirt with great pockets, almost a style feature the way they protrude. I reckoned if I dropped my car keys they would have a good chance of getting caught by a pocket (demonstrated). The skirt itself is close fitting but is nice and stretchy. It has the crazy brand name of "Life with Bird".
pockets_P2236424_s.jpg
The demonstration wasn't 100% reliable but did allow me to demonstrate my skill in picking something up in a mini :)
pockets_P2236427crm.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
nzfreestyler
Member Extraordinaire

Post by nzfreestyler »

you know wearing higher heels makes that crouch to pick something up much easier! One of the benefits of high heels! But obviously heels are for city slickers anway - heels don't like going offroad.
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

nzfreestyler wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:06 am you know wearing higher heels makes that crouch to pick something up much easier! One of the benefits of high heels! But obviously heels are for city slickers anway - heels don't like going offroad.
I can imagine them making it easier to pick things up as I would be in that position alot ....... picking myself up :) Seriously, the weight is on the front of one's feet and is probably why some women can do it so elegantly in heels ........... and no doubt yourself.
Last edited by denimini on Sat Feb 29, 2020 5:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

Here is another close fitting skirt with good pockets, this one I bought new from Nomads Hemp Wear. Again this has quite a bit of stretch in it and is very comfortable.
Nomads_hempwear_P2236403.jpg
Nomads_hempwear_P2236405.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
nzfreestyler
Member Extraordinaire

Post by nzfreestyler »

I pick stuff up[ by doing the 'crouch' as I call it.
knees together can crouch down till your heels touch your bottom if need be (ie right to the ground) - or just as fart as you need to go.

cheers
NZF
Big and Bashful
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Big and Bashful »

If I tried that I would end up on the floor in pain, you need knees to pull a maneuver like that!
I am the God of Hellfire! and I bring you truffles!
nzfreestyler
Member Extraordinaire

Post by nzfreestyler »

Big and Bashful wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 10:04 am If I tried that I would end up on the floor in pain, you need knees to pull a maneuver like that!
Aww bugger. You mean you have bad knees?
I get warned off for wearing high heels a lot by my doctor, but she knows I have no intention of stopping wearing heels. Touch wood I have no issues with my knees yet....

cheers
NZF
Big and Bashful
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Big and Bashful »

nzfreestyler wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 10:15 am
Big and Bashful wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 10:04 am If I tried that I would end up on the floor in pain, you need knees to pull a maneuver like that!
Aww bugger. You mean you have bad knees?
I get warned off for wearing high heels a lot by my doctor, but she knows I have no intention of stopping wearing heels. Touch wood I have no issues with my knees yet....

cheers
NZF
Bad knees, a bad back, then there are the ankles, Think I have the full set! One reason I stick to below the knee or ankle/floor length skirts, I don't go shorter than my kilt, well, there are a few, like the aqueous skirt, but I am happier with my knees covered. It also makes life a bit easier as I prefer certain attachments to be in the fresh air and so skirt coverage is rather more necessary.
I am the God of Hellfire! and I bring you truffles!
nzfreestyler
Member Extraordinaire

Post by nzfreestyler »

I got a sore back for a long time but I worked on my posture and it has come right.
When I started wearing heels all the time I got a sore back from allowing myself to go too far forward. Now I know how to stand properly in heels my back is good and my body actually looks better and more clearly defined (or so I reckon).

I never go without underwear/lingerie. I do go braless now and again for the fun of it - but I always wear a panty/brief because well you never know if someones going to look up there and I'd rather have something on!
Shilo
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Shilo »

Bad knees, a bad back, then there are the ankles, Think I have the full set! One reason I stick to below the knee or ankle/floor length skirts, I don't go shorter than my kilt, well, there are a few, like the aqueous skirt, but I am happier with my knees covered. It also makes life a bit easier as I prefer certain attachments to be in the fresh air and so skirt coverage is rather more necessary.
My sympathies to you as a fellow sufferer. If I got down like NZF I wouldn’t get up without assistance. Try a stick, very useful for hooking stuff without the need to bend down. The struggle to get out of a low seat makes a short skirt more revealing as well.
:roll:
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

At my age, when you do get down there to tie your laces or whatever, you might as well get some gardening done while you're down !

I submit a few simple stretching exercises to run through before embarking on such a pose.

Tom
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

I have very bad knees and one of my doctors appointments this past week was to get fitted for a knee brace. Because of the bad knees as well as lower back problems and hip joint problems I can not get down on the floor as I am completely unable to get back up with out the help of at least two strong people. If I bend over like nzfreestyler I would be flat on the floor and be at the mercy of anyone that came along. :(
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

nzfreestyler wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 7:43 am I pick stuff up[ by doing the 'crouch' as I call it.
knees together can crouch down till your heels touch your bottom if need be (ie right to the ground) - or just as fart as you need to go.
I thought very elegantly done ........... except for the flatulence part ........ then I realised it was a typo :)
That is a very short skirt and I think that posture would be fine from the point of view of a standing adult, as the camera angle is quite low. If you do something quick and naturally, no sane person would care about a slight flash anyway.
I often change my posture to suit where an onlooker might be; if they are in front of me I bend more; if they are behind me I squat more, which is something I usually do when getting things off a low shelf at a supermarket.