Pockets differences

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.
nzfreestyler
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Pockets differences

Post by nzfreestyler »

denimini wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 10:56 am This is certainly a way of making more of a feature of pockets:
quite a few of my skirts and shorts (dare I say shorts here?) do that pocket dangley thing below the hemline. I think that's fairly normal for a shorter skirt or shorts.

NZF
JeffB1959
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JeffB1959 »

nzfreestyler wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 9:43 pm
denimini wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 10:56 am This is certainly a way of making more of a feature of pockets:
quite a few of my skirts and shorts (dare I say shorts here?) do that pocket dangley thing below the hemline. I think that's fairly normal for a shorter skirt or shorts.

NZF
This is just me, but I find that a tad odd. With spring having arrived in my neck of the woods, I'm sure to see more than my fair share of skirts and shorts like those.
I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman.
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

I suppose if you cut the pockets off level with the hem then you will soon lose your car keys :)
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

This is what is known as a muff pocket, for whatever reason.
I have two mini skirts with muff pockets and they are quite handy - a bit like a built-in sporran.
https://picclick.com.au/Diesel-distress ... 27272.html
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Post by r.m.anderson »

When wearing that MUFF POCKET jean skirt make sure the left hand knows what the right hand is doing #&%$!*?

Clicking on the link:

https://picclick.com.au/Diesel-distress ... 27272.html

results in the getting more views of the skirt and WOW what an extraordinary hem length - - -
dis not be the mini-skirt the droids were looking for
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !
Coder
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Coder »

Here's an interesting variation on pockets...

Years ago I bought a Swedish military skirt - button up - essentially looks like this:

It ended up being too long for me at the time so went into storage. Well... been going through and evaluating stuff and really like the fabric and am torn over the length. As I was looking at it closer I noticed - there's a hidden pocket! Later tonight I'll reveal where the pocket is, but any guesses?
rode_kater
Member Extraordinaire

Post by rode_kater »

I like the style. If you're not going to wear it that length, cut it off and hem it to a length you prefer. Then at least you'd get some use out of it.

As for the pocket, I couldn't guess.
Coder
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Coder »

I’ll have to take photos, but when I bought the skirt the model had it as a front center button style… when I was looking it over I realized - like the photo - the buttons are supposed to fasten on the left. I also noticed a bit of extra fabric along the line of buttons - it turns out one of the buttons (third from the top?) fastens not only the flap, but a pocket as well! What makes it extra strange is that the pocket is mostly vertical. This seems to be a clever way of hiding a pocket, especially in a wrap style.

And I like the style as well and would hate to shorten it - need to figure out what top works best with it.
Ralph
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Ralph »

I like the length, the colour, and the buttons but the pleats give it a rather boxy shape that I must admit I'm not terribly wild about.
Ralph!
Big and Bashful
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Big and Bashful »

Military skirt? looks a bit restricting for that purpose? how long is it? I can't really tell from the photo of it on a stand like that.
I am the God of Hellfire! and I bring you truffles!
Coder
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Coder »

Big and Bashful wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 1:20 pm Military skirt? looks a bit restricting for that purpose? how long is it? I can't really tell from the photo of it on a stand like that.
Once I figure out a top I’m happy with I’ll post - it’s probably about 24” long - headed towards midi territory for me.

And there’s enough pleat volume to not be restrictive.
TheEngineer

Post by TheEngineer »

Kirbstone wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:21 am I'm a pockets person, but mostly I like to put my hands in them if they are at the hip. Tom
Yepp, me too. It's always a big disappointment to try on a new skirt (or any other garment from "the other side") and find that it fits and feels good, only to discover I can't get my hands into the pockets. BIG disappointment. Pockets have to earn their keep with me if only because, as an engineer, I keep filling them with important stuff like spanners or bolts :-)
nzfreestyler
Member Extraordinaire

Post by nzfreestyler »

handbag handbag handbag?

keeps those skirt lines smooth and tailored....

NZF
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

Big pockets! Something unusual with a light weight material.
https://picclick.com.au/Topshop-Ladies- ... 59999.html
Grok
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Grok »

Today I was browsing in mens wear in a Goodwill. Took a look at suit jackets. And noticed jackets with fake pockets. So I was thinking...I hope the buyer can stuff all his essentials into his pants pockets...or he will need a purse.