My second try at a manly skirt outfit

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.
algie

My second try at a manly skirt outfit

Post by algie »

Thanks to all the kind words of encouragement and well meant advice I have done a second look.
I think the young people on the web call this an OOTD
So this time it’s a mans vest and sweater a plain denim skirt with tan figure skaters tights and combat boots.
I plan on going out in this even if it’s just a drive in the country

Thanks again guys and I promise not to bore you with too many pics

Cheers

Algie
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Re: My second try at a manly skirt outfit

Post by Fred in Skirts »

Hi Algie,
Don't worry we will not be bored at all. As for this outfit I think it looks very nice and well worth a trip to the supermarket or department store. The vest sets it off just fine.

Fred
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
algie

Post by algie »

Fred in Skirts wrote:Hi Algie,
Don't worry we will not be bored at all. As for this outfit I think it looks very nice and well worth a trip to the supermarket or department store. The vest sets it off just fine.

Fred
Thank you so much Fred
I’m not so sure about the supermarket right now but I may wander into a Starbucks for some coffee

Algie
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

That is just as good!! AND if you can make it in Starbucks, you can make it at a supermarket. :D I started wearing skirts because of a medical problem. I did not want to go anywhere, but living alone I needed to get food and other items that I could not get on-line. So I started slowly by going to get gas then by going to a sandwich shop to buy lunch and worked my way up to now skirts and dresses are all I wear. I go everywhere and do not even think about it. No one even bats an eyelash. I think the idea that men wear skirts is becoming more acceptable. And to Quote a famous person from history, "The only thing we have to fear is fear itself."
All of my fears were just that MY FEARS and they did not happen, no body even cared that I was wearing skirts and I live in the bible belt. So don't let your own fears slow you down.

Fred
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
lazerr
Member Extraordinaire

Post by lazerr »

Not bored at all, in fact if no one posted this would be boring indeed!.

BTW, great look, I would wear it for sure (In fact I have something close). The boots and socks really finish it off.
algie

Post by algie »

lazerr wrote:Not bored at all, in fact if no one posted this would be boring indeed!.

BTW, great look, I would wear it for sure (In fact I have something close). The boots and socks really finish it off.
Thanks so much lazerr

I’ll be sure to let you guys know how things went when I get back from my drive tonight

Cheers
Algie
algie

Post by algie »

Fred in Skirts wrote:That is just as good!! AND if you can make it in Starbucks, you can make it at a supermarket. :D I started wearing skirts because of a medical problem. I did not want to go anywhere, but living alone I needed to get food and other items that I could not get on-line. So I started slowly by going to get gas then by going to a sandwich shop to buy lunch and worked my way up to now skirts and dresses are all I wear. I go everywhere and do not even think about it. No one even bats an eyelash. I think the idea that men wear skirts is becoming more acceptable. And to Quote a famous person from history, "The only thing we have to fear is fear itself."
All of my fears were just that MY FEARS and they did not happen, no body even cared that I was wearing skirts and I live in the bible belt. So don't let your own fears slow you down.

Fred
Fred, you have inspired me to get out and about in skirts.

Cheers

Algie
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

Hi Algie,
I would agree with all the rest, we will not get easily bored and your outfits look fine.
Try thinking of them as your own unique look. Forget the masculine/feminine and just enjoy experimenting.
Make mistakes, learn and most of all have fun.
Steve.
Freedomforall
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Freedomforall »

As of recent I have begun rethinking what exactly "manly" is. It seems to be a very subjective term or label. We in society seem compulsive with labeling things. Labels are often created out of sheer laziness because of people's unwillingness to try and comprehend something.As a result labels are often very polarizing. I am not trying to go on a tangent but labels have driven me crazy for a long time! I deplore them. I will now speak on your outfit.

You have put together a very nice ensemble. I think you should feel proud and confident to be wearing your chosen attire.
Daryl
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Daryl »

algie wrote:Thanks to all the kind words of encouragement and well meant advice I have done a second look.
I think the young people on the web call this an OOTD
So this time it’s a mans vest and sweater a plain denim skirt with tan figure skaters tights and combat boots.
I plan on going out in this even if it’s just a drive in the country

Thanks again guys and I promise not to bore you with too many pics

Cheers

Algie
You remind me of Wilson on the Tim Allen show Home Improvement, with your face half obscured. :)

I see no reason to not go to the local hardware store in that outfit. Your 2nd try is your 2nd success.
Daryl...
john62
Member Extraordinaire

Post by john62 »

Looks very good.

John
voodoomagic
Member Extraordinaire

Post by voodoomagic »

Looks great I would wear that.
Kilty
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kilty »

Looks good! I go for the same style of skirt as they are comfy, and your tights look good. The more pictures, the merrier! :wink:
Dick Ackerman
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Dick Ackerman »

Looks good to me. I would wear it anywhere. THe only thing I might do is scrunch the socks down but that is simply my personal preference.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

A vast improvement. The denim skirt is always a good starting point and doesn't attract attention. As you will see, if you read past posts, we all have different styles and one man's ensemble generally wouldn't suit another's. We each develop our particular "look" over time, think years rather than months. Go with your gut feelings, take advice and you will eventually reach a feeling of comfort, of ordinariness in skirt wearing. Then you'll know you've arrived.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.