Wearing A Lady 's Trousers

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.
WesleyN
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Wearing A Lady 's Trousers

Post by WesleyN »

When I went to the beach with my parents as a baby, I found sand dirty. So I sat on the belly of my father. My father told me that himself. No, I'm not a lover of beach or sand.

I do not really like men's trousers. I do not really like pants. But I can appreciate a legging or a variant (jegging, tregging).
mishawakaskirt
Member Extraordinaire

Post by mishawakaskirt »

r.m.anderson wrote:
WesleyN wrote:Men's clothes are boring. That's true. For me it's not the color very important. But more the style and variation. I have a lot of colors in my wardrobe. Only marine, brown and beige are not my colors.

Only marine, brown and beige are not my colors
In other words you do not like to play in a sand box or the plain boring application of same.

I too don't have a fancy for plain ole boring stuff - I refuse to blend in but I don't plan on
wearing a target "Shoot Me" either !

So what has this got to do with wearing Lady's Trousers - well you don't see many women if any
wearing plain ole boring marine brown beige clothing - it is as if they have usurped the peacock
colors from us men and OUR PANTS to boot. Time to REVOLT and take up their discarded skirts !

OK calm down I am not burning any undergear items to get attention here - just a casual (bah hum bug)
note tis the season you know to get out and wear them festive colors - Now get with it !!!!!
It seems the trend on both sides of the aisle is dark and drab at least on my corner of the planet. I'm not huge on dressing really flashy. A little bit of color I'm OK with. Most everyone here is dressing in blue, greys, black, and browns. Even what I would call Christmas clothing is at a all time low. The stores have a few items, but they are not seen out in public. People must be just wearing festive wear only to the holiday parties. I agree wear them festive colors. I have a Santa hat that I wear daily from Thanksgiving to New year's every year. As well as red or green dress shirts, and a few holiday printed turtle neck shirts I rotate through.

Ill try to post a few pics soon.
Mishawakaskirt @2wayskirt on Twitter

Avoid the middle man, wear a kilt or skirt.
Gusto10
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Gusto10 »

Also lady's trousers, or should I say for lefthanded persons, but with cold weather great.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
WesleyN
Member Extraordinaire

Post by WesleyN »

mishawakaskirt wrote:It seems the trend on both sides of the aisle is dark and drab at least on my corner of the planet. I'm not huge on dressing really flashy. A little bit of color I'm OK with. Most everyone here is dressing in blue, greys, black, and browns. Even what I would call Christmas clothing is at a all time low. The stores have a few items, but they are not seen out in public. People must be just wearing festive wear only to the holiday parties. I agree wear them festive colors. I have a Santa hat that I wear daily from Thanksgiving to New year's every year. As well as red or green dress shirts, and a few holiday printed turtle neck shirts I rotate through.

Ill try to post a few pics soon.
For Christmas I bought a yellow / black checkered shirt. A shirt that is a bit in the grunge style. Well a black shirt and tregging underneath. In the colors that my wife and daughter will also wear. Yellow is also a trendy colour.
Pdxfashionpioneer
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Pdxfashionpioneer »

Just to mix it up a bit, one of the long-running knocks on wearing pants from the Women's Dept. is the inadequacy of the pockets. I saw on line that at least one manufacturer is hanging that and putting full-sized pockets on their women's jeans.

Another issue, of course, is the rise (distance from crotch to waist). As nearly always, the fashion industry gives us lots of options these days, but mostly on the other side of the aisle.

The same company that addressed the pockets issue also seemed to put longer zippers in the fly of their jeans, so that too should soon be a non-issue!
David, the PDX Fashion Pioneer

Social norms aren't changed by Congress or Parliament; they're changed by a sufficient number of people ignoring the existing ones and publicly practicing new ones.
lazerr
Member Extraordinaire

Post by lazerr »

This is sortof funny because I had a conversation with my wife just yesterday on how inconvenient MENS zippers were. We were at the movies and I told her (on the ride home) that I find pants very inconvenient for urinal use. What I said was, and I believe it true, that men's pants have too short of a zipper (at least my pants seem to). It is inconvenient at a urinal for what I see as the obvious reasons, though I actually had to explain it to her that manipulating things while standing at a urinal as inconvenient. With skirts this problem is eliminated.
WesleyN
Member Extraordinaire

Post by WesleyN »

If you have to wear trousers. You can think about jeggings or treggings. If you go to the toilet, you only have to pull down your pants and you don't have to be taken into account with the buttons and zippers of your pants.
lazerr
Member Extraordinaire

Post by lazerr »

Exactly! Wesleyn. I agree, and BTW, buttons are especially problematical.
Denny

Post by Denny »

I wear ladies stretch jeans almost exclusively.
I've found brands that have decent pockets and belt loops.
I wear a belt, and suspenders that hook under the belt.
I find, at least at my current 200 pounds, the suspenders prevent the pants from falling down, and I don't have my belly hanging over the belt.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
foothill

Post by foothill »

I have found that the Gloria Vanderbilt "Amanda" style women's jeans fit perfectly and they have reasonably deep pockets - much deeper than Levi's women's jeans. They can be found in the US at Kohl's department stores.
Kilted Musician
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kilted Musician »

For the last few years I've been buying women's jeans more and more because for me, they fit better. The ones I buy have quite a bit of stretch to them so they look good, snug in the legs and thighs but easy to get on and off. Lately I've been buying them at Uni Clo at one of the local malls here in San Jose [CA]. They're called Ultra Stretch and they definitely live up to their name!

A few years ago my mom told me that she buys men's jeans because they fit her better! Gee... imagine that... :)

--Rick
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by dillon »

I wear ladies stretch pants often, in anonymous situations or public situations where I feel unpressed. I really like the ones by Betabrand, which are styled for the office, and marketed as “dress pant yoga pants.” I particularly like the style they call “work it” pants which have long narrow (skinny) legs and somewhat functional pockets. Get on the Betabrand email list to get sales and discount codes. The others are straight leg or flared, but have only faux pockets. Mine are conservative colors mostly, gray or black, as a personal choice, but other colors are available. I also have some by Eddie Bauer and Merrill. Very comfortable in the winter. I wear brief-style dance belts or gaffs to reduce undie-lines and keep junk tucked and detail obscured.
As a matter of fact, the sun DOES shine out of my ...
Dust
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Dust »

Some men's pants have come out in same sort of stretchy material. Something else to look at if you are looking for the material without giving up the pockets or crossing the isle. Plus, if they sell, manufacturers might get the hint and make more men's stuff in alternative fabrics.
weeladdie18
Member Extraordinaire

Post by weeladdie18 »

I have got into youths long john underwear and ladies black leggings this winter....leggings under a calf length winter skirt in the cooler weather

Leggings are easy to peel off if I get too warm...Skirts with bare legs and boots are O.K. for me down to approx. 8 c....

I personally feel my style of attire is to take off my trousers and put on a long winter skirt....Perhaps with leggings.

However....With this style I do not get the cool freedom feeling of just wearing a skirt.......

In the cold winter 50 years ago one local Polish Lady wore her husbands long trousers under her Long Ladies Skirts to stay warm.............

This style of Female Attire goes back as far as the soldiers wives who worked as primitive nurses in the Peninsular War............so nothing is new

What goes around , comes around............My style of dress has materialised with my needs ...not a cult fashion..........

However ..." Each to His Own " ....in the style of Men in Skirts........The Great Unwashed do not think.....or understand so please do not try to make this

a Political Issue and consider me to be a Subversive Crank.....I am not old enough to be dragged into that category......
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by dillon »

I was out and about today in some flared Eddie Bauer stretch pants (“women’s“). Very comfortable. Had I not needed a bag for my wallet, phone, knife, etc. I would have forgotten what I was wearing. The bag was by Overland Equipment in a light tan color they call “wheat.” I think that company may no longer exist. Sad; they made bags that worked well unisex. Tonight I “cooked” for my wife...one of my vegetable soups. I am marginally competent in the kitchen but soup is my forte. It’s our 30th Valentines Day. She is busy with work so our evening out will be on Sunday.
As a matter of fact, the sun DOES shine out of my ...