Wearing A Lady 's Trousers

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.
WesleyN
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Wearing A Lady 's Trousers

Post by WesleyN »

Indeed skirts fits better. I think skirts don't be too short. I rather have wide skirts. Nowadays I dress hardly real trousers. Most of the time when I wear trousers it will be treggings of jeggings with a longshirt or dress (who could be longshirts). And some longshirts could be dresses. I don't know anymore.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Jenn/Moon, I'm not suggesting that Moon ditch the skirts - that would be unforgivable. What I am saying is that next time he's in the market for trousers for whatever reason then he should give the women's ones a chance. For me, it's the only way that I can get the trousers in bright colours.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
Bertino56
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Bertino56 »

For what it's worth, I own three pairs of "women's" shorts.
You have to be a real expert to tell any difference.
Two came from the sale racks at Cabela's and Walmart, less
than five dollars each. The third I've had for decades, its an
original Chi Pants (remember those?) from Santa Cruz.
The Walmart mid-thigh short has a detail never seen on
men's shorts, a small slash on the outside of each leg
(I call them trim-tabs). They are a very nice soft blue denim.
Size 16 fits my 38 inch waist just right.
weeladdie18
Member Extraordinaire

Post by weeladdie18 »

The latest style for last summer was lassies in short shorts, so if I fancy some short shorts for the beach
in my " retirement size " probably 14 or 16, I will know which side of the isle to purchase them.

As a rider to this thread...some , including myself , feel calmer and more relaxed in skirts.
Do folks feel calmer in their female shorts or trousers ?

I bought a pair of male long shorts so I looked respectable when I went down the sailing club.....
I will admit they felt pretty vile.............. I sailed a wayfarer sixteen foot sailing dingy with a
charming young redhead and her son and daughter......Both kids were experienced cadet sailors...
I had sailed with the lassie three or four times this season ....she had sailed this class of boat
a total of ten or twelve times this season.....nice to have a complete family on a boat......
Her boy sailed the boat up the river into the sunset on the last trip of the season.....
I did not have the courage to tell the lassie that I did not know anything about boats as I did not
go sailing with my parents until I was three years old.

I must admit she did not leave much to my imagination when she bent over in the boat
in her tight jeans................It is alright for you youngsters...................
I am heading into my twilight years................Weeladdie
Pdxfashionpioneer
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Pdxfashionpioneer »

"I must admit she didn't leave much to my imagination when she bent over in her tight jeans!"

And the problem with that is what exactly?

As to your question about wearing women's jeans and shorts: I don't think they affect me the way that dresses and skirts do. Because, with the fabric they're made of and their cut, they're just more comfortable than Men's jeans.

Then again, I'm not as aware of the calming effect of dresses as I was originally because they are so much my everyday wear.
David, the PDX Fashion Pioneer

Social norms aren't changed by Congress or Parliament; they're changed by a sufficient number of people ignoring the existing ones and publicly practicing new ones.
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

Bertino56 wrote:For what it's worth, I own three pairs of "women's" shorts.
You have to be a real expert to tell any difference.
Two came from the sale racks at Cabela's and Walmart, less
than five dollars each. The third I've had for decades, its an
original Chi Pants (remember those?) from Santa Cruz.
The Walmart mid-thigh short has a detail never seen on
men's shorts, a small slash on the outside of each leg
(I call them trim-tabs). They are a very nice soft blue denim.
Size 16 fits my 38 inch waist just right.
I used to have quite a few women's shorts to wear in this warm climate, they had a great variety of colour and style and were generally shorter. Now I wear mini skirts and I don't want to wear any shorts at all ....... ever.
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
jamodu
Member Extraordinaire

Post by jamodu »

During this current cold spell, I've been wearing Black M&S Treggings (Trousers/Leggings), as they're much thicker than conventional Leggings.

Today, I'm wearing them with Tights underneath, with Clarks' Black Leather Boots, plus Pink Dorothy Perkins Cable Knit Jumper, with M&S Blush Long-Sleeved T-Shirt underneath.
mishawakaskirt
Member Extraordinaire

Post by mishawakaskirt »

I have several pairs of women s jeans. I bought them 10 years ago before they started using the lighter denims or with spandex in them. They totally look and feel just like men's jeans. The waist to seat ratio is different, which is what I like about them. I don't need to wear a belt to keep them up. Yet the seat and crotch is quite roomy.
Sadly the company that made them went out of business. :( I have tried to look at stuff at the charity shops. And gave up. I don't like the funky faded wear patterns, embroidery, embellishments, distressed look, skimpy pockets, and dainty fabrics.
I do like creation stretchy denim, but can't find plain jeans that use the stretchy denim.

It will be a sad day when I have to retire my plain vintage jeans. I have no intention of buying the frilly jeans mentioned above. Maby by then I will have graduated to kilts and skirts only and won't need new jeans anyway.

Has anyone here noticed a trend in men's jeans that they are starting to do the fading and a few other embellishments to jeans in the men's dept? Also noticed a significant amount of summer outer shorts this year were nylon, or polyester synthetic blends and not twill Cotton like years before.
Mishawakaskirt @2wayskirt on Twitter

Avoid the middle man, wear a kilt or skirt.
WesleyN
Member Extraordinaire

Post by WesleyN »

I think women's clothing has the advantage that the fabric is thinner. I recently bought 2 treggings. They are very nice and I think they are beautiful. The disadvantage of the thin material is that it is worn out faster. As far as I am concerned they may look worn, like holes near my knees.

@mishawakaskirt. I do not really know what those denims look like that you mean.
mishawakaskirt
Member Extraordinaire

Post by mishawakaskirt »

WesleyN wrote:....

@mishawakaskirt. I do not really know what those denims look like that you mean.

Here are a few stock photo examples of what kinds of things I was talking about
2000174932_400_P1.jpg
I think the embellishments and fading look silly.

No pictures of them, and then there are the torn or with holes in them jeans. Why would you buy new jeans that look like they are about to fall apart?

images.jpg
3074071619005404_001.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mishawakaskirt @2wayskirt on Twitter

Avoid the middle man, wear a kilt or skirt.
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Post by r.m.anderson »

Photo Review:

Photo 1 - shows pocket embellishment aka BLING and fading
Photo 2 - shows patch work over the knees but I don't see tears or rips
Photo 3 - shows what is called WHISKERING like a cats whiskers and fading

Nobody wears plain jane denim anymore:
Rivets are in contrasting metal color - seaming in contrasting color - zippers in more than the fly front (ankle & pockets) -
useable and faux pockets - slim tight fitting (leggings no pockets Jeggings w/pockets) - boot cut - bell bottoms (out of style currently) -
and all different patterns some by splashing bleach or tie dying in a tub - fading and shading
Add stretchable body conforming fabrics
AND COLORS - every hue in the Rainbow !!!

You have come a long long way babe from Levi canvas gold digging pants to fashionable sheer nothings - OH -
and men the swing to skirts and dresses is underway - continue to seize the moment ! ! !
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !
WesleyN
Member Extraordinaire

Post by WesleyN »

That kind jeans are still available in the stores. Last time I wear commonly jeggings and treggings. They looks like skinny's.
Untitled.jpg
But I bought more, but that do I have sent back. Some dresses and a skinny jeans.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Women's jeans do seem to be a bit of the skinny variety. So much so that I have a pair or two where I have difficulty getting them over my ankles. My legs aren't fat so they suit me. And yes, it's the only way that I can get the different colours. Men's seem to come in black, ice blue and denim.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
WesleyN
Member Extraordinaire

Post by WesleyN »

Men's clothes are boring. That's true. For me it's not the color very important. But more the style and variation. I have a lot of colors in my wardrobe. Only marine, brown and beige are not my colors.
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Post by r.m.anderson »

WesleyN wrote:Men's clothes are boring. That's true. For me it's not the color very important. But more the style and variation. I have a lot of colors in my wardrobe. Only marine, brown and beige are not my colors.

Only marine, brown and beige are not my colors
In other words you do not like to play in a sand box or the plain boring application of same.

I too don't have a fancy for plain ole boring stuff - I refuse to blend in but I don't plan on
wearing a target "Shoot Me" either !

So what has this got to do with wearing Lady's Trousers - well you don't see many women if any
wearing plain ole boring marine brown beige clothing - it is as if they have usurped the peacock
colors from us men and OUR PANTS to boot. Time to REVOLT and take up their discarded skirts !

OK calm down I am not burning any undergear items to get attention here - just a casual (bah hum bug)
note tis the season you know to get out and wear them festive colors - Now get with it !!!!!
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !