Wearing A Lady 's Trousers

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.
weeladdie18
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Wearing A Lady 's Trousers

Post by weeladdie18 »

Darryl wrote:I've been shaving stem to stern since 2008. Definitely keeps the hose from slipping, and seems to reduce if not eliminate B.O. as well since bacteria love to grow in dark, damp environments.

OTOH I'll gladly stick with my skirts and dresses.
Found some cheap Knee High Stockings in a sale bin in a local provisions store ...Ideal for wearing with below the knee summer skirts
Two pairs for one pound.....so I bought five pairs , all interchangeable...............
I am also stocking up with end of range female black or white ankle socks.......
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by dillon »

Pdxfashionpioneer wrote:As to shaving one's legs and wearing pantyhose/tights: All of the authorities thereon, women's magazines, manufacturers, etc., will tell you that leg hairs do cause the one's hose to slip off and that shaving your legs gives them a nice smooth surface to compress onto. The interstices between the warp and woof of hose isn't large enough for your razor stubble to poke through and hold them in place, so the smoother, the better.

I prefer the high Lycra or Spandex content (about 15%) because they act as support hose so your legs don't get as tired from wearing heels. Such hose also shapes one's legs and they tend to be more durable. I was astounded by how well the No Nonsense Shaping Hose stood up to my abusing them as bicycling tights and how well they helped me get through what was for me a particularly long ride.

I've also found that they tend to last longer if you hang them to dry rather than run them through a dryer and if you strictly follow the directions for putting them on (Look at one or another brand's website or google the topic.)

A few other things help. While you're shaving your legs, shave your belly as well. When I can find them on sale, I'll get the High Waist Style with the silicone strip on the inside of the waistband. You can usually find them on the Hanes website, though usually only black or nude, almost never both at the same time. If, like me, you prefer control top and support hose, they've got those with extra firm control to help you will ALL of your unwanted bulges.
Dave, my shower would run out of hot water before I got my belly shaved...LOL. :lol:
As a matter of fact, the sun DOES shine out of my ...
hillaryskirt

Post by hillaryskirt »

Hmm, nice idea. I used to wear my sister's leather trousers because they were cool.

I should add that this was in the Era of The Androgynous look and to save my embarrassment the New Romantic period. Hence 'cool'.
"The past is never dead. It's not even past." - William Faulkner.
Knickson

Post by Knickson »

I find women's trousers fit me a lot better than men's , so I suppose I have
a largish bum :!: I often find women's clothes a perfect fit `off the peg `.
Last edited by Uncle Al on Sun May 19, 2019 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edited for prohibited content-See Rule #3
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Welcome, knickson and hope you have a happy time here. Are you trying to imply that to fit them, women must have a larger b*m? Careful how you answer that perennial question involving big, b*m and look if you actually want to live a little longer! :lol:

I'm not sure why women's jeans/trousers fit me better than men's. Maybe the tighter fit appeals to me along with some degree or stretch in the material. I find men's equivalent either too tight or too baggy, the materials not soft enough, are more expensive and don't come in the variety of bright and pastel colours that I like.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Sinned wrote:Careful how you answer that perennial question involving big, b*m and look if you actually want to live a little longer! :lol:
Actually, the canonical answer to that perennial question is, "Yes, dear, they do." It's just a simple fact, and is that because the things are designed to exaggerate that part of the body. This is fine if you're one of the Kardashians, but not so much for the other 99.8% of the population. Now, that answer is not going to gain anyone any points; but at what point does the little white lie of, "No dear, they're fine." become condescending or pernicious?
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Dust
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Dust »

crfriend wrote:
Sinned wrote:Careful how you answer that perennial question involving big, b*m and look if you actually want to live a little longer! :lol:
Actually, the canonical answer to that perennial question is, "Yes, dear, they do." It's just a simple fact, and is that because the things are designed to exaggerate that part of the body. This is fine if you're one of the Kardashians, but not so much for the other 99.8% of the population. Now, that answer is not going to gain anyone any points; but at what point does the little white lie of, "No dear, they're fine." become condescending or pernicious?
All lies, including "little white lies" will eventually lead to some thing negative, even if it is just a breakdown in communication/trust. Coach it gently, but tell her that dress just doesn't work for her. She will actually care about your opinion and trust you more if you do this regularly.
Elisabetta
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Elisabetta »

I think you can find comfort in women's trousers. I've actually found depending on the type of material and fabric you can actually get comfortable pairs. Just depends upon where you get them at. Women's Within is a nice site to shop on.Their clothes are pretty comforting for the most part.Depends on exactly what you're looking for.
"When life gets blurry adjust your focus."
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by dillon »

JennC03 wrote:I think you can find comfort in women's trousers. I've actually found depending on the type of material and fabric you can actually get comfortable pairs. Just depends upon where you get them at. Women's Within is a nice site to shop on.Their clothes are pretty comforting for the most part.Depends on exactly what you're looking for.
IMHO, the stretch factor makes women’s pants infinitely more comfortable than men’s.
As a matter of fact, the sun DOES shine out of my ...
Bamaskirting
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Bamaskirting »

I've got a couple pairs of their jeans that fit awesome. Some fit like a vice! I definitely love the stretchiness. Just finding longer pairs is the problem for me
hops

Post by hops »

womens spandex jeans are great!
hillaryskirt

Post by hillaryskirt »

I did like the tightness of my aunt's trousers, when I used to sniffle into her room for a 'try' (aged 12!) They were beautifully lined in satin too, but give me her skirt anyday and I'd rather reach for that and enjoy the freedom of non bifurcation, lol!!
"The past is never dead. It's not even past." - William Faulkner.
phathack
Member Extraordinaire

Post by phathack »

hops wrote:womens spandex jeans are great!
All but 2 pr of my jeans are women's sizes and I like the spandex content in them to give a little stretch and the tighter fitting legs.
I also enjoy wearing leggings as well as yoga pants and shorts.
Darryl
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Darryl »

dillon wrote: Dave, my shower would run out of hot water before I got my belly shaved...LOL. :lol:
I use a BodyGroom electric trimmer when I let things go to seed, and for the occasional touch-up.
oldsalt1
Member Extraordinaire

Post by oldsalt1 »

Most of us older members grew up with suits with 2 pair of pants. This was because pants tended to wear out faster than the suit jackets . and it was basically a money saving plan

How about this for a change a suit one pair of pants and one skirt.

This is Alfred Dunner which is sold mainly thru Penney's The best part about it is that they are sold as separates so you can order different sizes but they are all the same material and color match

I was able to get a size 18 jacket with size 16 pants and a size 14 skirt
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.