New Hiking Skirt

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.
weeladdie18
Member Extraordinaire

New Hiking Skirt

Post by weeladdie18 »

Recently saw a female walking the cliffs in a middle of the Knee Cap Hiking Skirt worn with bare sun tanned legs and big hiking boots....
Very smart.....perhaps the best off the peg hiking skirt I have seen.....might be too loose at the hips for a male to wear......

This paragraph is enclosted in my Kilt Walking Experiment under "Kilts Kilts " Section ...................weeladdie
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Re: New Hiking Skirt

Post by Caultron »

weeladdie18 wrote:Recently saw a female walking the cliffs in a middle of the Knee Cap Hiking Skirt worn with bare sun tanned legs and big hiking boots....
Very smart.....perhaps the best off the peg hiking skirt I have seen.....might be too loose at the hips for a male to wear....
So, she wins Hiker of the Day, eh?

And I don't think there's anything wrong with a bit of room around the hips. I'm not really into billowy garments or hoop skirts but a little room can surely be comfortable.
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Post by r.m.anderson »

As long as the proposition holds up at the waist the hips really don't matter - well they do just as long as one is not wearing flour sack #10.
Pencil skirts while suited for the business acumen don't belong in the outback climbing over immovable objects and irresistible obstacles.
As for the big hiking boots all that much more to ward of the slings and arrows of burrs nasty nettles and knocking calves against an alien landscape.

I can just see it (imagine it) wearing a hoop skirt navigating a hard rock spot and coming out unscathed - hoop still attached !
Shades of a very bad "B" Hollywood movie - "Petticoats West of the Pecos" ! Return with us now to the thrilling days of --- --- ---
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !
weeladdie18
Member Extraordinaire

Post by weeladdie18 »

I find it most odd that both sexes turn up in hiking trousers and big hiking boots to walk our local coastal footpath around S W UK.
There are however some sections where the brambles and black berry bushes have not been cut back.

The wild black berries came out on time in mid July this year. I eat the wild crop in my garden for breakfast every day. ...... weeladdie